View Single Post
Old 10-14-2004, 06:29 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeste
However I haven't played her in quite some time.
Of course not -- she's not a Trill. (What is it with you and Trills, anyway? Are you just a Trill-seeker?)

Zeke is the nickname my grandpa gave me when I was a baby. He even gave me a shirt with "Zeke" on it. Years later, when I first posted online, I figured I could do worse than to use a name I already had. At first the name would vary depending on where I was posting (I was Curt Connors at a Spider-Man board, for example), but now I'm Zeke everywhere -- except on Usenet, where I just use my real name for whatever reason.

As for the now-rarely-seen "Commodore" part, that's from when everyone at Deltachat started picking ranks for themselves. I made a smug little post about how I didn't need a rank to inflate my ego, but I added that if someone thought of a good one, I'd use it. I forget who came up with Commodore -- Sab or Nan, maybe? -- but I loved it right away because of my years programming my Commodore 64. (And also because it meant I outranked almost everybody.) So there you go. I dropped the Commodore pretty quickly at 5MV because I thought it sounded a bit too dorky, but Zuke still uses it -- no amount of ego-inflation is too much for him.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction