View Single Post
Old 03-27-2010, 11:25 PM
You just activated his Trek card

http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/in...ies-trekxi.htm

Ha ha! More inconsistencies, this time from an external source.

1. "Jim Kirk is born in the year 2233 on Stardate 2233.04." Huh? If the Stardate is simply the year, why call it a "Stardate"? Furthermore, a hundredth of a year is over three days. That's what I call inadequate precision. You'll need another decimal point, guys.
2. "Why is Captain Robau wearing a blue instead of a golden (or even a red?) uniform?" Valid point! Why shuffle the departmental colors? What's the point?
3. "Why is the appearance of the Romulan Nero not a total surprise to the crew of the Kelvin? At this time, humans have never seen Romulans face to face (at least no one has survived to report of it), as clearly evidenced in TOS: "Balance of Terror". Why doesn't anyone surmise that he has to be a Vulcan because that is how he must have looked to them?" Yeah, I forgot about this one, too.
4. I forgot about the age discrepancy with Captain Pike. Shouldn't he be less than ten years older than Kirk?
5. "When the shuttles from the Academy arrive at the Enterprise, we can see that about a dozen of them are stacked on two levels on either side of the shuttlebay. The shuttlebay has to be some 40m across to accommodate the 10m+ shuttles in the shown fashion. This would translate to a length of the Enterprise of over 700m meters!" Good point. Is there a reason there needs to be a dozen shuttles being stored in the main shuttlebay? Don't most series imply that long-term shuttle storage is via garages off the main bay, which is strictly to be used for embarking and arriving shuttles and "visitor parking"?
6. They call Klingon ships "Warbirds?" Was there NOT ONE Trekkie on the production staff to say "Wrong. Romulans have Warbirds, Klingons have Birds of Prey." NOT ONE person had the courage to stand up for accuracy for something that is trivially easy to get right?
7. Why is Delta Vega apparently in the same star system as Vulcan? Would a mention of long-range sensors or a subspace telescope or something be too hard?
8. "The interior of the engineering hull of the Enterprise is nothing like anything we have seen on any Starfleet vessel so far. There is no centralized engine room, there is nothing identifiable as power transfer conduits. There is no visible deck structure. It looks like most of this section is comprised of a maze of water pipes. Pipes with rivets. Purportedly this part of the movie was filmed at an actual brewery. This would explain the look, but definitely not excuse it. Overall, the set also seems too large for the secondary hull of the ship, which was designed to be overall just 366m long." Rivets? Water pipes? Was a simple warp core too "boring"?

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.