View Single Post
Old 05-20-2004, 11:43 PM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Sweeeeeeet, that was a good episode. I don't think it quite matched some of the installments earlier in the arc, but what a dramatic improvement since season 2 and even early season 3. I'm thrilled it got renewed since cancelling it right when it hit its stride would be a terrible shame.

I enjoyed the unpredictablility of this episode. I was actually wondering at several points whether they were going to kill Hoshi (yet another terrible shame, since I think she has a lot of unexplored potential). Hayes' demise took me by surprise (aside from the fact that it was obvious as soon as he sent everyone else out first that, at the very least, he would be seriously injured) and also disappointed me, since I was intrigued by the relationship between him and Malcolm. (No, not [iost_uid0]that[/iost_uid0] kind of relationship, slashers.) I loved the scene where Malcolm took command of the MACOs -- I hope they follow up on that.

The other thing that's really been impressing me is the development of Trip and T'Pol's relationship. I never used to be a Trip/T'Pol shipper, but these two have converted me. They're fantastic together, and I can completely buy the alternate future we saw in "E2". (And the timing is just about right... P/T kicked off with a bang at the beginning of Voyager's fourth season. )

I'm really looking forward to seeing how they resolve all of this next week. Should be good stuff![/colorost_uid0]