Thread: request a fiver
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2006, 07:46 PM
You just activated his Trek card

The zero-suit Samus joke was just that, a joke! I've never played a Metroid game, so I really wouldn't know. My first real experience with Samus is Smash Brothers, and the concept of her being a woman really never entered the equation.

My point was that if Nintendo intends to continue their practice of naming games after the consoles rather than number them into the dozens, Revolution is preferable to Wii.

For that matter, let us consider the main reasons for the name Wii, according to the press release:
1. The two "i"'s are two people playing a game and/or the Wii remote next to the joystick dongle. Silly, as I've seen precious few two-person gaming being done. I've usually played alone or as a group of four. Wiiii, anyone?
2. You don't need region-specific names; everyone can pronounce Wii. Erm, since when is this a major consideration? I'm not loosing any sleep over us calling it Nintendo and them calling it Famicom.
3. Wii connotates "we." Uh, guys, that's only in English. For all we know, the mudmen of South America interpret that sound as "person who has a predilection for feather boas and Zima."

To return to a lighter topic, how many Mega Man games are there? Are there any more series than Classic, X, BattleNetwork, and Zero?

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.