Thread: request a fiver
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2006, 02:00 AM
You just activated his Trek card

Oh, right, the battlechips. That brings me back to when I learned about the Battle Network games. I thought that the idea of battlechips was kinda neat and was wondering how they'd pull it off. I assumed that they would be incorporated as e-Reader cards. That made sense to me. If they had, Nintendo would've sold a LOT more merchandise.

As a sidenote, along with Mario Advance 4 I got some e-Reader cards. I looked into it and was surprised to see that you need a second GBA, a link cable, and an e-Reader to use the cards. Why, why, oh WHY didn't they add a cartridge slot to the top of the e-Reader? Why? I assumed that accesories like the e-Reader would've been built like Game Genies. Stick the game into the e-Reader, stick the e-Reader into the GBA. Obvious, logical approach, right?

For that matter, I think that that was why e-Reader failed. They never considered what was obviously possible. Have Pokemon e-Reader cards that will transfer a Pokemon into your Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald/LeafGreen/FireRed (based on probability distributions, of course. Oddish would be a common, find one every five packs or so, one in a hundred chance at Moltres, one in a thousand for Mewtwo, etc). Sell e-Reader cards with five random Potions, Rare Candies, etc. Create Yu-gi-oh e-Reader cards for the more powerful cards in the game and do the same probability distribution. Make a game based on Digimon Tamers similar to Battle Network.

Don't you think that e-Reader would've sold a hundred more copies if they'd done it right.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.