View Single Post
Old 03-22-2021, 04:37 PM
You just activated his Trek card

DATA: The plasma flow to the nacelles is uneven due to injector lock. An emergency saucer separation could rupture the warp field.

Um, what? How is the flow uneven? The injectors are locked, making a larger-than-usual amount of warp plasma go to the warp coils. That's not uneven, that's overload. Besides, the saucer is supposed to rupture the warp field, that's its job! I think Data is saying that the warp fields of the two nacelles are no longer in synch due to the plasma flow, and thus is in more danger of collapse if the saucer separation disrupts it. There's still a better way to word that...

LAFORGE: None of the systems involved interact directly with each other. I don't see anything in common.

No direct interaction? Nothing in common? Oh, the lecture I could give on this subject!

LAFORGE: Computer, list all physical substances that wouldn't normally be picked up by an internal scan.
COMPUTER: There are fifteen thousand five hundred twenty five known substances that cannot be detected by standard scans.

Well, that's disturbing. Of course, you'd think they would've done a complete scan WAY before this...

LAFORGE [OC]: Recommend we flood the injector pathway conduit with gaseous cryonetrium. That ought to neutralise it.

"Neutralize" has two meanings. Just freezing it would make it unable to react with anything, but you have to thaw it out at some point. Geordi could've worded this better.

BARCLAY: Erase all programs filed under Reginald Barclay. (turns to leave) Except programme nine.

One can only wonder what's in Program 9.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.