View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 12:19 PM
Reasonably priced male pills

Send a message via MSN to Chancellor Valium

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijdgaf View Post
I dunno, call me crazy (and out of character?) but I'd honestly prefer a new series where ongoing plots and continuity weren't as overpowering as DS9's. The show was great, but shows like that -- regardless of quality -- have a tendency to lose audiences eventually and get cancelled.
We aren't talking about some kind of Babylon 5 here, where what someone eats for breakfast in season 1 episode 2 affects season 5 episode 29... This happens over eight-to-ten years, so there is plenty of room for some episodes which go on a tangent, and for the backplot to stay in teh background for a while.
I'd prefer something with perhaps a few ongoing arcs, some extended multipart episodes, and some overarching themes perhaps, but also a show that could rely on and not suffer from stand-alone episodes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IJD GAF
I just, you know, want some quality out of it. Some good writing and good characterization.
Characterisation requires development/regression. And that in turn requires a progressing, overarching storyline, IMO.
Is the earth of a dusty tomorrow!