View Single Post
Old 07-22-2003, 01:13 AM
Specifically, an altamato

Send a message via AIM to Saxamaphone Send a message via MSN to Saxamaphone Send a message via Yahoo to Saxamaphone

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Wow - wb entei

As for the film - I won't give away too many spoilers, but...

I grew up with Terminator 2 - I wanted to be the Terminator in grade school - I didn't have leather, but I'd dress up all in denim and sunglasses and go around the playground saying "Hasta la vista, Baby."

So you can imagine my anticipation for this film. But as I saw there'd be no James Cameron writing or directing, I started to get dissapointed.

The movie wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it was still dissapointing in a way.

With the over reaching cheesiness of some of the film (I hope kids don't start doing Arnold impressions now by saying "Talk to the hand"), the movie was like watch the film version of a Terminator fan-fic someone pulled offline. It might have been actually, only because there was no really overarching plot arc, just a few twists to keep things interesting.

I loved seeing the character of John Conor again - he didn't really make the same leap that Sarah made from movies 1 to 2 - but I don't know if he was really given much to work with.

The ending I thought was spectacular, despite the continuaty problems. But, again, the movie seemed very off, especially in someone else's hands, so it gave it that fan fic aftertaste. Still worth seeing though [/colorost_uid0]