View Single Post
Old 03-23-2007, 11:39 PM
Unabridged
Senior Staff

Send a message via ICQ to ijdgaf Send a message via AIM to ijdgaf Send a message via MSN to ijdgaf

I own both. Get a Wii.

1) Not buying a console because of it's name is infinitely sillier than the name in the first place.
2) Use a damn wrist strap with the wiimote. It isn't hard. It becomes second nature, like putting on a seatbelt. You're a moron if you don't play with the straps.
3) Neither the gamecube nor the wii has DVD capability, don't you have anything else that plays DVDs? And yeah, initial price estimates for the Wii were $200. Those estimates neglected to predict a pack-in game. It's still tremendous value.
4) Rechargeable batteries/battery chargers are cheap these days. Also, you can buy 3rd party charging stations.
5) I've used the Wii on smaller TVs than that. It won't hamper you a bit.
6) The vast majority of Zelda has forgiven right-handed Link (or didn't care in the first place) -- give it up.
7) The virtual console is a wonderful resource. A great way to get classic games with minimal effort and minimal cash.

I'm all for buying old school systems, but not when newer, better systems do everything the older one does. There's no reason to buy a gamecube now unless you're a bumpkin and are looking to get into games for the first time at a reasonable price. Anybody with any real interest in newer titles should get a current-gen system. And anybody with any real brain would get either a Wii or a 360 between the current-gen systems.

Save up and get a Wii. Think of it as an investment toward the next 5 years of console gaming.

OR

If price is really that much of an object, get a DS. Thirty bucks more than a gamecube, and it's the most popular system on the planet right now. Titles are in over-abundance, and Nintendo's just getting started with it. Amazing system. You wouldn't regret it.

...YOU CAN\'T UNREAD IT!