View Single Post
Old 03-24-2007, 03:16 AM
Unabridged
Senior Staff

Send a message via ICQ to ijdgaf Send a message via AIM to ijdgaf Send a message via MSN to ijdgaf

You really don't need to take an offended tone here, I wasn't aiming any of my condescending tone to you. But regardless, a few rebuttels that aren't really number synced with yours as before.

1) Really, this whole breaking-expensive-appliances-with-flying-wiimotes thing has been overplayed and exaggerated to no end. It's not a realistic concern. As I said, using the strap becomes second nature, just like wearing a seatbelt, for all but the most mundane of tasks -- for example, creating miis. And if you're really that aggressive when creating a mii....

2) Nintendo built a system that, brand new, costs 150 bucks less than the competition. In order to do that, it makes sense that they had to cut a few costs here and there. So I'm not too concerned that it doesn't play DVDs or charge my wiimotes. There are two additional points I'll make about DVD playback. First, assuming this will be your first sixth or seventh gen console (Gamecubes/X-Box/PS2 are sixth gen, Wii/360/PS3 are seventh), none of your old systems play DVDs either. It's not like you're losing functionality. Second, everything I've heard leads me to believe that using a console as your default DVD/UMD/Blu-Ray/Whatever player is a bad idea. It taxes the laser unnecessarily, and limits the lifespan of your system. You're better off using a dedicated DVD player that you'll be using only to watch movies, and perhaps to play music.

3) You really don't need that much space to move around in to use the Wii. That's not really too big a concern for me, as my TV is about 2 feet from the bed I sit on to play games. You don't really need to use exaggerated motions with the systems, and I've never encountered any problems here.

4) I simply expressed my thoughts on VC. I understood what you were trying to say, I was merely giving my input... is that a problem?

You titled the thread "A Request for Opinions." Nobody is saying you don't have the right to having your own views on silly/pointless/profound matters. But when you solicit the opinions from others on a public forum, you're... uh... bound to get a few? That might not mesh with yours? Hmm....

...YOU CAN\'T UNREAD IT!