View Single Post
Old 04-29-2023, 08:11 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

Yep, I'm gonna do a Five-Second S3 to finish the set. Could be tomorrow or could take a bit; these five-seconders can actually be harder than fivers to "crack".

As far as the quality of this season, I agree that it was a step up, but I still had pretty big problems with it -- and I'm definitely not interested in a series about this Seven-in-name-only, Raffi, and Jack, who should be serving like a 5000-year prison term. So I'm not gonna sign, but that doesn't mean I begrudge anyone who does! IMO, as of 2005, Trek is now in a new phase where there's no more meaningful "canon", just various people's ideas of what could come next. We can let a thousand Treks bloom. (And that's what's happening whether I want it to or not, so why not make peace with it?)

I think your chances are good. PIC S3 did well with almost everybody, and Paramount announced a Seven spinoff ages ago and is probably glad Matalas saved them the trouble of coming up with a premise. This is an easy winner for them if they feel like making it.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction