View Single Post
Old 03-15-2022, 02:52 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Great View Post
DATA: Sir, the energy level of the wave has increased by a factor of twelve. At this rate, it will have increased by a factor of two hundred by the time it reaches Lemma Two.

HOW? This thing is going through subspace, where is the extra energy coming from?
*singsong* Science is scary, I don't understand it, I bet it could kill us all in millions of ways . . .

I forgot how funny the "Violations" fiver is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conundrum fiver
Data: I will honour our wager. What would you like?
Troi: Something at which you're an expert -- "Love on the Holodeck."
As opposed to "Sex on the Beach".

Quote:
Troi: Avast, ye scurvy dogs! Down on the floor, or ye be keelhauled by the scuppers!
Keiko: Miles? What's going on?
O'Brien: This be a mutiny! Now face to the deck before we make ye walk the plank!
Keiko: Oh, you are so sleeping on the couch tonight.

"Keelhauled" means looping a rope under the ship, tying it to a person, and dragging them under the ship from one side to the other as punishment. "Scuppers" are holes along the rails of the deck to allow water to drain out. This is a nonsense statement.
Insert bit from Guards! Guards! here. I have no idea what my scuppers are, but I don't want to be keelhauled by them.

Quote:
O'Brien: Yarr... this wench and little 'un be familiar.
Keiko: Wench?
I feel like this may be a reference, slight as it may be, but I can only come up with Uhura's "Sorry, neither" and Worf's "Irving Berlin?"

Quote:
Troi: It was very strange. I could sense things, but I didn't really know what was going on and I had no power to do anything.
Picard: You're talking about your possession, right?
Troi: Yes, I -- hey!

Burn!
A classic burn.

Quote:
March 2nd, 1992, "Ethics"

Incidentally, Okudagram text in DS9 reveals that there was a Klingon officer in the Dominion war named Brak'Lul who was killed in action. Why you would name someone "Redundant" is beyond me.
It would be like naming a redshirt Ensign Goosefood!

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs