Thread: Disclaimers
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2007, 06:11 PM
You just activated his Trek card

"Got Gak?"
"If you're confused at the convoluted characterizations, please call 1-800-FIVERGAKS to enroll in our remedial program. If you're not confused, please call 1-800-FIVERHOLIC to summon the men in white coats."

Over at 5MSG we used to have counters of the number of people who have read the fiver (or at least accessed the page), so there's a subcategory.

"You are number XXXX to have your dreams invaded by a Reman."
"Congratulations! You are reader number XXXX! Please call 1-800-DREAMON to claim your prize. Here's a hint, it involves lots of barking laughs."
"If you see the number XXXX, then Q is messing with your mind. Just think about Shakespeare until it changes."
"A ship has just been commissioned in your honor with registry number XXXX. Let's hope the tractor beam arrives BEFORE Tuesday."
"Here's your disclaimer fortune. If the number XXXX is even, you're going to have a great day. If the number is odd, you're still going to have a great day. Live long and prosper!"

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.