View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 03:35 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

I've always been with Gatac on this one, so the result is of little importance to me -- except in that it will affect the console war, which I do care about. Sony overreached with the PS3 and it hurt them badly at launch time, but since then, they've been slowly gaining on Nintendo. The Wii's novelty is starting to wear off. The PS3 has it beat on graphics and sound (always strengths of Sony); neither console has enough great games yet, but Metal Gear and Final Fantasy will definitely help Sony, and I don't think any comparably big names have been announced for the Wii lately. Now a hypothetical positive for the PS3 -- Blu-ray support -- has become a definite one. If HD DVD had won, it would have been a heavy blow; the Blu-ray hardware is a major reason the PS3 costs so much, and who would be willing to pay for it then? But now things are really looking up for Sony.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction