View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 07:06 PM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

Default Re: Enterprise - Observer Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiral sab
WOW. Now that was Trek. I absolutely loved this episode.
I liked the episode a lot too. I'm not sure how it will hold up on repeat viewings now that I know how it's all going to turn out, but it was certainly enjoyable the first time through.

Quote:
Travis, Malcolm and Hoshi had lines and did well with the lines given. They played a sizable role in the episode which to me made a great hour of Trek.
Yeah, I really liked seeing Malcolm and Travis working together. We should see them talking to each other more.

Speaking of the minor characters, Hoshi's underuse almost made it seem like she might stay dead (though I think I would've heard if that were happening as much as I try to stay spoiler-free), which at least created some uncertainty, in spite of the Q-like Organians.

Quote:
There were no guest stars and no big firefights, but it wasn't necessary. It was a good story with a good cast to play it out.
Good call. I really didn't notice that it was a bottle episode until you just now pointed it out, but the cast really did a good job making me believe there were two more characters in the story.

The TOSer in me wonders how consistent these Organians are with "Errand of Mercy" Organians, but whatever.

Best shot in the episode: Hoshi noticing Phlox and T'Pol just standing there watching her and Trip. It had a creepy "Mark of Gideon" sort of feel to it.