Thread: Holy question
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2006, 08:15 PM
Hobbesian

Location: We're......Everywhere! Wait wait wait... That's the Founders. No, I'm just in Hastings
Send a message via MSN to Burt

Quote:
Originally Posted by e of pi
Yeah, I hate to say this, but when I had talked to the two of you, you both said you were willing to risk a banning as long as you got in the last word. This thing could have gotten really ugly if yuo two hadn't slowed down when you did.
That's a very childish way of saying something. I know they weren't my words, and I'm guessing the Chancellor didn't say he just wanted to 'Get the last word in'.
I had my points to make and he had his. Maybe we made them too harshly, and maybe there shouldn't have been swearing. But the point of a Online forum to to discuss. No-one forces anyone to read anything.
A 'Banning' is insignificant against making sure you're true to your principles
and beliefs.

To be honest I may not agree what The Chancellor says, but I have a hell of a lot more respect for him than some others. As he put it when people suggested we change the subject:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Valium
Great idea - e! That's right, lets sweep our problems under the carpet and pretend they're not there!
So no. Lets not do that.

And yes. It seems some arguments can become heated. But like everything else in the universe they will cool. Maybe not totally, but at least below boiling point! And ours did. We'd finally said our pieces and moved on to other parts. Nuclear War averted.
Having someone come in a 'intervene' will solve nothing. Yes at times, it might be needed. But usually people will be left... unsatisfied.
House Quote of the Day!
"I was curious. But since I'm not a cat, that's not dangerous to me." Dr House MD
I don't think that metaphor was actually designed to warn cats.
Dr Wilson MD (Just)
-------------------------------------------------