The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > News
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2003, 09:07 AM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[color=#000000ost_uid0]It's 3 in the morning right now, so I'm just going to let Zeke explain the start of this year's big birthday bash.

------

Greetings to all readers and visitors of Five-Minute Voyager. Â This is Zeke welcoming you to Alternate Universes Week, our celebration of 5MV's third birthday.

As our more longstanding readers will remember, I don't actually know what day I created the site. Â I do know it was in June of 2000, and I've been going on the assumption that June 15 is about the right date. Â That means we're three years old as of today, and it also means -- as Ki is sure to point out -- that this is the first site birthday celebration to appear on time. Â It's also the first one she's officially run as Site Manager. Â Coincidence?

On 5MV's first birthday, I got wordy for the occasion. Â On the second, I decided not to make a big deal that way, and instead just throw out tons of new content. Â I think I'm going to compromise this year: I'll say a few words, but keep it briefer this time, and I'll save it for the end of the party. Â Thus, without further ado, here's what we've got for you on the first day of our Year 3 bash!
    [*]As you'll have guessed from the name, the theme of the week is AUs. Â What does that have to do with 3? Â Beats me. Â And what could we begin with but the one that started it all: "Mirror, Mirror". Â This Classic Trek fiver comes to you via our expert on the subject, IJD GAF.[*]Next we have Kira's latest Next Gen fiver (and my personal favourite AU episode), "Parallels."[*]Our brand new staff member, Derek Dean, has done the first [iost_uid0]Sliders[/iost_uid0] episode to be covered here: "Prince of Wails."[*]Speaking of [iost_uid0]Sliders[/iost_uid0], that's what we chose as our springboard for this year's staff feature (see also Paneldemonium). Â Join me, Kira, IJD, Marc, and Derek in Part 1 of a seven-part series we call "Sleapers." Â (There's no guess-the-author contest this time around, so I can tell you Part 1 is by me.)[*]Speaking of things by me, rounding out today's update is a new Top 10 list: The Top 10 Ways [iost_uid0]Enterprise[/iost_uid0] is Different in the Mirror Universe.[/list]
    ------

There will be more material tomorrow, and the day after that, and the day after [iost_uid0]that[/iost_uid0]. Â But for now, I'm going to bed. Â Enjoy.[/colorost_uid0]