The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-18-2006, 07:07 PM
You just activated his Trek card

Default Some Questions to Spur Discussion

Before we get into today's topic, I think I'll enjoy some echos from this cavernous stretch of cyberspace that I seem to be enjoying.

Nate: Hello.....
Echo1: .........Hello......
Echo2: .....................Hello......
All: Hello!

Just some random questions to encourage posting:

1. What do you think really happened to the Xindi in the hundred years before Kirk? Are they still there and we just never saw one, or were they assimilated by the Borg when no one was looking, or what?
2. Do you prefer Mark One Assimilation (beam you away and insert implants manually and probably surgically) or Mark Two Assimilation (inject you with nanoprobes and manufacture implants using metal from hammerspace)? As a plot device, I mean, not as the way you'd prefer to be assimilated.
3. Can you think of a reason why Andorians' antennae never moved in TOS? Was it bred out of the genepool, or is it a trick that only certain Andorians can do, akin to wiggling ears?
4. Regardless of the way the dictionary says it, do you prefer "few-tile" or "few-till?"
5. Do you think Voyager really had an aero-shuttle? Why didn't they use it? Was it in the plans but never made, or were some crucial parts going to arrive "next Tuesday" and Janeway had to leave with an incomplete ship because of the Maquis threat?
6. Is it really reasonable that there are only X torpedoes on Voyager? Surely they can replicate casings and trade for antimatter with other spacefaring races, right?
7. Would you have prefered Ro Laren to have starred on DS9 instead of Kira, as was in the original plans?
8. Are you a Wesley/Lefler shipper?
9. You think Captain Bateson was still in command of the Bozeman in First Contact, or was he swapping drinks with Scotty on Wrigley's Pleasure Planet?
10. Do you disregard all mention of lasers and lithium crystals and Vulcanians and time-warp factors in the early episodes of TOS, or do you think that they really were in a transition period in the mid-2260s?
11. Those STTMP uniforms really did stink, didn't they?
12. You think that Commodore is still a valid rank in the 24th century?
13. Should Picard have retired to serve as Commandant of Starfleet Academy and given the Enterprise to Riker a long time ago? I think so.
14. You think Riker's ticked off that Janeway made Admiral before he did? They are in the same class, you know.
15. You really think it would've been an "unheroic dead" if Soran had just shoot Kirk in the back, like it was originally shot?
16. If there was one Trek game that Paramount decided to market in real life, which game? Taking out Fizzbin as insanely complicated, would you prefer Parrises Squares, Kalto, Anbo-jytsu, Tongo, Dabo, what?

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.