The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > 5MV Talk

Old 10-22-2007, 06:05 PM
Long fellow

Default The Campaign for the Recognition of fivist's Artistic Product

I am here to announce the Campaign for the Recognition of fivist's Artistic Product (C.R.A.P.), whose sole purpose is to become inordinately and rather comically outraged whenever any member sees a line from a fiver being quoted without giving due credit.

Unfortunately, with the sudden spread of the now-infamous "I'm sorry; I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am" into 4chan-space, there have been ample opportunities for inordinate and comic outrage of late. Most recently, I saw this quote, which originates in Kira's Five-Minute "Return of the Archons" ported onto an image of Dr. Cox from Scrubs.

The fact that this is a totally worthwhile comparison is irrelevant! The point is that we, the fivists of FiveMinute.net, stand at the edge of a knife, where any of our creative work derived from unauthorized use of copyright could be used by anyone on the entire Internet without giving us our due cred! It happened to Kira; it could happen to anyone. (Except NAHTTM, of course.) Who knows how long it'll be until something even closer to our hearts is so ripped off and distorted--how long until you turn on the television and see an ad saying, "We're Electronic Arts. Get assimilated. Resistance sucks."? Will they continue to use our fair site without giving us a proportionately higher Alexa traffic rating?

I say no!

So your job, as a member of CRAP, is to stand up every single time you see a stolen five-minute line and say, "Hey! That's from FiveMinute.net!" Further points will be awarded the more obnoxious you are about it. (It is also permissible to claim lines are from here even if they aren't.) For freedom! For legitimacy! For the hope that a higher hit count will stimulate Zeke's Soonbellum into doing an update!

Who's with me?
Old 10-23-2007, 07:06 AM
You just activated his Trek card

Sorry, but this time you don't have a leg to stand on. We can't copyright fivers. All this stuff still technically belongs to Paramount. The only thing we can depend on to stop people from copying fivers is common courtesy. So, we're doomed.

The scary part about that last sentence is that it could be at any point on the serious/humorous spectrum. Besides, this isn't what's keeping Zeke away from his computer.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.
Old 10-23-2007, 02:36 PM
Reasonably priced male pills

Send a message via MSN to Chancellor Valium

Hey, at least your originals are from the right manuscripts...
Is the earth of a dusty tomorrow!
Old 10-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

Can't happen to me because I have yet to come up with anything worth stealing

Aside from possibly that "Archer Archer Archer Xiiiiindii" thing I suggested in chat a few years back, anyway. And that's out of date now, sooooo . . .

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 10-24-2007, 03:44 AM
Long fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the Great View Post
Sorry, but this time you don't have a leg to stand on. We can't copyright fivers.
Do you really take me this seriously, Nate, or have you just been pulling my leg all this time?

NAHTTTM: It's also because I am incapable of correctly spelling your... initialism. I can't dignify it by calling it a name.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:38 AM
You just activated his Trek card

Narrator: Is Nate pulling your leg, or is he just on another of his warped crusades?
Narrator2: The world may never know.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.
Old 10-27-2007, 05:45 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

I get points for being obnoxious? Score! At last, all that practice will have been for something, though it is perfectly pertinent for me to point out that often times being obnoxious is its own reward. I also enjoy punching nuns, but that's just something I do for fun.
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 10-28-2007, 03:20 AM
Long fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAHTMMM View Post
Aside from possibly that "Archer Archer Archer Xiiiiindii" thing I suggested in chat a few years back, anyway. And that's out of date now, sooooo . . .
That was you?

I still do that, despite the diminishing recognition of the joke or, indeed, the word "Xindi." I have the elbow bruises to prove it.