The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > News
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2005, 11:31 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default November 26

Five-Minute Smallville is back, and it wants blood! Here's the third batch of fivers:
    [*]"Spirit," the Season 4 episode where Clark's prom is invaded by a body snatcher; and[*]"Blank," the following episode, which I watched but just... can't... remember anything about. Hmm.[/list]These are the last of Derek's Season 4 fivers, but he has three more from Season 5 to come in this event. And then there's Kryptonian Nazis! Don't miss it.

(Note: Sorry for the wait. This lapse was really badly-timed on my part, because this Tuesday we got over 2000 hits (!) from a Slashdot thread. I think they were mostly visitors of the breeze-in-breeze-out variety, as they left no mark of their passage at the forums -- but if anybody reading this came from that thread, welcome to FiveMinute.net! Have a pie.)

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 11-28-2005, 01:22 AM
Not to be confused with Kodax

Send a message via ICQ to Xeroc Send a message via AIM to Xeroc Send a message via Yahoo to Xeroc

Cool!

Great Fivers!

And, if you noticed, I was one of the two people (the other post was anonymous) who posted about FiveMinute.Net in that thread!

Xeroc Central

5MChat: PHP/JS Chat 2.0
Click here to view the chat in progress!
Old 11-30-2005, 02:27 AM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

Quote:
Chloe: Now it's time to sneak down to the ubiquitous school basement where the ubiquitous school furnace resides.
Florida Audience: My school doesn't have either of those things.
Chloe: Shut up! They're ubiquitous, I tell you! Ubiquitous! Now I'm going to light things on fire.
I'm pretty sure the schools in Abbotsford or Langley or wherever they film this show don't have them either.

Quote:
(One day earlier (just in case you thought we'd start off with Chloe acting crazy without explanation))
I'd rather have an explanation as to exactly who Chloe is. Lana I know is Lana Lang, Clark's Smallville love interest as established in the comics. Also, ever notice that all Superman's girlfriends have the same initials?

Quote:
Gardener: There's a dead body there beneath all that fertilizer.
Lex: Crap.
Gardener: Call it what you like
Potty humour? Derek, that was offal. Urinal lot of trouble, mister.

Quote:
Clark: Um, huh? I'm not going to the prom.
Evil Mwahaha-Prom-Queen Villain/Ma Kent: Oh, but you should. You should go with me.
Clark: Are you coming on to me, mom? Ick ick ick.
Seconded, thirded and twenty-fourthed.

Quote:
Ma Kent: By the way, you should go to the prom. I got you a tux and everything.
Clark: Sigh. Are you possessed again?
This sounds eerily familiar, except without the possession.

Quote:
Evil Mwahaha-Prom-Queen Villain/Chloe: Geez, she just died earlier today. Can't you at least show some respect for the dead?
Crowd: Nah, inexplicable deaths, mutations, and insanities are the norm around here.
I get the impression that this high school class should be more decimated than the Voyager crew by now. Also, kudos to the crowd for being able to speak in perfect unison for that long.

Quote:
Evil Mwahaha-Prom-Queen Villain/Clark: Mwahaha! Now give me the crown. I'm the queen around here.
Pa Kent: Things I never wanted to hear my son say.

Quote:
Clark: Oooh! I can look through stuff. Why didn't you tell me I had X-Ray vision?
Chloe: I, uh, wanted you to figure it out for yourself.
Clark: Ha! You didn't know I could. I can see right through you.
Congratulations on taking the high road and not going with the obvious lewdity. However, you lose points for going with the obvious wordplay.

Quote:
Clark: Hubba hubba! Who is that beauty on the stairs? She makes me all hot under the eyelids.
Chloe: Shouldn't that be "hot under the collar"?
(FOOM!)
Chloe: Guess not. Am I just going to get a grand tour of all your powers?
That'll be a long tour. They seemed to make them up as they went during the movies (my favourite was Rebuild The Great Wall Vision). Hey, wait, didn't Superman have an Amnesia Kiss in Superman II?

Quote:
Lana: Well, here I am!
Clark: Um, are we dating again? What about Jason? What about our miserable relationship from before?
Lana: But I'm all dressed up.
Clark: Good point. Let's date.
Like that ever happens.

Good job on Blank and Spir--oh, I get it now, dead-chick is the School *Spirit*. That's almost clever.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:51 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

Technical difficulties -- my home net connection is down for some reason. Updates will have to wait (it's hard to make them from work, not to mention iffy protocol-wise).

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:57 AM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

Quote:
Updates will have to wait (it's hard to make them from work, not to mention iffy protocol-wise).
You obviously haven't seen what goes on in my lab.

Unless you meant networking protocol and not workplace ethics.
Old 12-02-2005, 06:10 PM
Administrator

Annnnd I'm back. Details at eleven.

Old 12-02-2005, 08:08 PM
But if you put the hammer in an elevator...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke
Details at eleven.
In what time zone? So I know when to tune in.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:02 PM
Administrator

SST, of course. I'll never top Xeroc's "Soon Standard Time."

Old 12-02-2005, 10:55 PM
Outnumbered

Send a message via MSN to e of pi

What's that? Fall back, then say you're going to get around to the whole springing forward thing, then fall back, and so one ad infinitum?

e of pi: I know you have too much free time.
Ddoof: HEY!
e of pi: Well, so does anyone who posts on 5M.net. It comes from the extra 55 minutes.

We are the BSG. Your resources and injokes wil be added to our own, depleting your fanbase. Resistance is futile. So say we all.
Member of the Persons Who Believe that Ryan Connors Leslie Should Have Lines in Other Series Since He's Hardly In TOS Fivers
Old 12-04-2005, 09:16 PM
Administrator

No, but that is my fallback position.

Old 12-06-2005, 09:01 PM
Administrator

(sigh) Okay, I'm back. Again. I was disconnected for the second time this week, and for the same reason ("excessive scanning," which apparently means online games most of the time, except I wasn't playing any). I'll try to get an update up quickly -- it's been way too long.