The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Science Fiction

Old 10-23-2004, 01:07 AM
5MAwwwwww

Send a message via AIM to admiral sab Send a message via Yahoo to admiral sab
Default "Home" (spoilers)

so sad. I really liked this episode. As a Trip/T'Poler the ending kinda sucked because she married Koss, but it will lead to more angsty episodes and eventually Koss must die of course...maybe in the Vulcan War Coto keeps going on about!

Anyways, I even liked Archer in this one! Probably because he was kissing someone and it wasn't T'Pol.

The TnT stuff was great and I could just gush all night, but I'll spare you and post my comments at a Trip/T'Pol board. :lol:
Old 10-23-2004, 04:00 AM
Insert canine joke here

Send a message via AIM to Celeste Send a message via MSN to Celeste Send a message via Yahoo to Celeste
Default Re: "Home" (spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiral sab
so sad. I really liked this episode. As a Trip/T'Poler the ending kinda sucked because she married Koss,
Ah hah! But she didn't, actualy. They stopped just before they got to the "I prounouce you man and wife," stuff. They'll so break that up and Trip will valiently proclaim his love and stuff next week, I swear.

But did anyone else laugh so hard and fall out of their chairs when Phlox puffed up his head? OMG. :lol: Took me five minutes to calm down after that cause it was so dumb. So dumb that it was freaking hilarious. Anyway, thumbs up. I'm interested in what Enterprise will be doin next.

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Floss Naked!
Old 10-23-2004, 01:15 PM
5MAwwwwww

yeah I laughed too when Phlox did that. It kinda made me wonder why that never happened before though.

Sigh, I can not be as optimistic as you about next week. Didn't you see the 6 promos during the show for the Brent Spiner hour? Oh yeah it's a three parter! Funny, I thought Brent Spiner was done with Trek? hmmm....

Anyways, I loved this episode even with all the angst. I wish this was the two parter though and the alien Nazis only got one episode...
Old 10-23-2004, 02:40 PM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiral sab
Sigh, I can not be as optimistic as you about next week. Didn't you see the 6 promos during the show for the Brent Spiner hour? Oh yeah it's a three parter! Funny, I thought Brent Spiner was done with Trek? hmmm.... ;)
I think it's just that Brent Spiner's done with Data. And I thought it was funny the way they were selling the Brent Spiner episodes so hard (and not just this week). Sort of a "Hey, if you're not a 'shipper and just want to see kewl xplosionz, don't tune us out! Next week is Brent Spiner!"

Quote:
Anyways, I loved this episode even with all the angst. I wish this was the two parter though and the alien Nazis only got one episode...
I actually thought of this episode as being similar to TNG's "Family". After the epic storylines of the past season, they sort of needed a catch your breath episode. At least, that's certainly how it went with the Archer storyline in my mind.

Interesting episode, and I was certainly impressed that they had T'Pol going though with the marriage, since I figured they'd have Trip profess his love and break up the marriage in the last 30 seconds of the episode.
Old 10-23-2004, 06:42 PM
5MAwwwwww

I knew she was going to marry him. I read the spoilers for the episode, but a small part of me still had hope that he'd say something to her at the end. But I like the way it ended. It didn't kill TnT though, because now their love is canon and not just wishful thinking of Trip/T'Pol shippers! It will be interesting to see how this plays out. Their is going to be major tension between the two. We know that Trip's a gentleman so he won't try to pursue a relationship with her because she's in a loveless marriage. Then again it would be so easy to justify an affair. But I don't think they will go that route. Of course this is Trek, so, this might be it for the rest of the year until one episode next year when they bring it up again. Maybe Coto will be different. I hope so.
Old 10-24-2004, 04:29 AM
...and not cowardly

I really liked it. In the tradition of Family, as someone said. It´s a pity Voyager didn´t do an episode about them coming back home.

Manny Coto, it´s been great so far!
Old 10-24-2004, 07:24 AM
Lone Ranger

Location: Where it's cold in winter and hot in summer, yet not warm in spring.

I was a little upset to see so little of Hoshi and Mayweather, but I'm used to that.

Otherwise it was great!
Old 10-24-2004, 11:09 AM
Calvinist

Send a message via AIM to Opium Send a message via MSN to Opium Send a message via Yahoo to Opium

Ah, an eppy I could watch. 'Ship angst and lack of alien Nazis.

But what IS with Brent Spiner's return to Trek? :shock:
Please vote Morphine! (Thanks, Zeke!)
Needing more sleep since before 2003
Old 10-25-2004, 09:17 PM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

Wow, that was WAY better than the first two installments of the season and easily one of my favorite Enterprise episodes to date... let's hope this is par for the course.

High points:
  • Everything with the Trip/T'Pol storyline. Connor Trinneer and Jolene Blalock once again stole the show with their performances, and the storyline felt very true to their characters. I was actually glad they didn't resolve the issue by the end of the episode -- it's much more interesting this way than if they had taken the easy way out.
  • I like that we saw consequences from Archer's time in the Expanse, and the contrast with Captain Nookie-of-the-Week was interesting, as well as their differing philosophies about exploration and first contact. I liked her, so I hope she'll develop enough of a role that I might actually retain her name.
  • Phlox's reaction (emotional, not the blowfish-like reaction) to the recent Xenophobia on Earth. John Billingsley has great range and he pulled this off amidst a largely unnecessary subplot.
Low points:
  • Archer blowing up at Soval. I've never liked it when he goes off like that; it always feels forced and over the top. The sequence on the mountain with his nightmare was much, much more effective at getting the point across. (The point being "Xindi and the Expanse make Archer something something.")
  • The bar incident with Malcolm, Phlox, and Travis (who?). Mmmm... anvillicious. (What? Prejudice is bad?) Not a bad character moment, but I would have rather seen more of Trip and T'Pol exploring Vulcan.
All in all, however, the high points way, way outdid the lows. My only complaint would be that the 40-some minutes weren't enough to do justice to the range of storylines that could have been explored, and hopefully will be. Definitely the best Enterprise I've seen in a long while... may this caliber of writing live long and prosper.