The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > News

Old 01-02-2018, 10:19 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default Five-Minute Arrow

See? I told you I had multiple things! (I'm referring here to yesterday's update, which I cannot stress enough was just yesterday, so check that out if you missed it.)

Let's start the new year off with something big. I've been into the current batch of DC Comics shows for a while now, Arrow in particular -- I gave it a pass at first because I was never big on Smallville, but it turned out early Arrow was Smallville done right. I could go on for a while about this, and may at a later date, but suffice to say I loved it. That love proved... trickier than I expected to mold into fiver shape. I spent years chipping away at this. But I finally got it done, and I've been waiting for the right time to post it.

That time will probably be 2022 or so if I keep waiting for the event I was picturing -- a proper subsite launch, maybe alongside other DC shows -- but enough is enough. Let that time be now!

Five-Minute Arrow: "Pilot"

(Side note: Too many shows just call their pilots "Pilot".)

There should be a second part to this update: the Arrow-based Top 20 list I wrote for New Year's 2015 (shortly after I got into the show). It was pretty good, if out of date now. Unfortunately, I discovered today that it was one of the things lost in... the event. There was an event. We'll talk more about it soon, and I promise you will cry. Anyway, I'll see if I can reconstruct that list, but it'll be another update. For now, enjoy this.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 01-03-2018, 01:55 AM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

Quote:
Oliver: Sleeping with my mom, eh, Walter?
Moira: Oliver! Don't act all clever for figuring that out. We were making no real effort to hide it.
Walter: Your mother and I are married now, actually.
Oliver: Well, I hope you thought to end the vows with "till at least five years after death do us part", 'cause clearly Dad should have! *storms out*
Thea: Wait. Wait! Mom, you didn't just marry Walter, you're sleeping with him?!
Gasp!

Quote:
You're way hardier than Laurel.
Ah, there it is.

Quote:
Oliver: Cool, me neither. I have a gift for you from the island. It is a Hozen, and those who have one are Hozers.
Thea: What, a pointy rock? We have a bunch like this in the yard.
Oliver: Those are just garden Hozens.
Ohh boy.

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 01-19-2018, 12:44 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
There was an event. We'll talk more about it soon, and I promise you will cry.
I can re-send you my stuff, so if that was part of what was lost then you can cry ever so slightly less. Or more.

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs

Tags
5mga, arrow, yes i'm calling it that