The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Fiver By Committee
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2005, 11:41 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default Block 26 - He won't make it

I'm about to be mostly offline for a few days, so I figured I really ought to get FBC up and running again first. What's more, I just saw The Matrix Reloaded, so I can return to the original film with a better appreciation of how good it is. Memo to Hollywood: I don't care how much money the first movie makes, your writers still need an editor. Giving them free rein is a recipe for disaster. DISASTER I SAY.

Anyhow, Block 26. Trinity and Neo have a quick exchange about his battle with the Agent and resulting shoulder wound. ("I've never seen anyone move that fast." "It wasn't fast enough.") They commandeer the felled pilot's helicopter; Trinity gets a brain download to teach her how to fly it. Moments later, the helicopter is right outside the window of the room where Smith is interrogating Morpheus. Before the Agents can react, Neo has shot them down with the helicopter's machine gun. Morpheus, seeing his chance, makes a supreme effort of will -- he gets up, snaps his handcuffs, and leaps to the helicopter. He's still weak, however, and can't make the jump. Neo was ready for this; harnessed to the chopper with a rope, he leaps out and intercepts Morpheus in midair.

Trinity starts flying them to safety, but Smith has now recovered enough to take a few shots at them, and he gets lucky, hitting the fuel tank. The chopper loses altitude fast. Trinity manages to set Morpheus and Neo down relatively safely on a rooftop; she can't save the chopper, but she pulls off a last-second escape by leaping out, grabbing Neo's rope, and shooting (!) the end that's attached to the chopper just as it crashes into a building. Neo manages to hold his end steady as Trinity swings hard into the building he's on, shattering the windows. He pulls her up to safety.

The thing about this block is that it's almost all action. There are various different ways to tackle an action sequence in a fiver, so I'm not going to suggest any particular number of scenes; if you're not sure how to proceed, think of an action sequence from Trek and see how the relevant fiver handled it. Synopsis is here and here.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction