The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Miscellaneous
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2004, 01:56 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]^ :lol:

[quoteost_uid0]7. Chakotay: "A fable detailing the journeys of a fox and a scorpion en route to the river."
 Janeway: "Statement containing the words "bite" and "me"."

8. Archer: "Stupid suggestion aimed at exploring the, like, the biggest comet ever."
 T`Pol: "Detection of illogic."
 Trip: "Lack of understanding of the word "illogic"."
 T`Pol: "Detection of two morons."

6. Spock: "Awareness of the explosion of Praxis. Indication of the imminent death of Klingons."
 Kirk: "Indication of yippee!"
 Spock: "Plagiarized Vulcan proverb."[/quoteost_uid0]
:lol:

I like your new avatar, Arzosah [/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 03-25-2004, 01:45 AM
Calvinist

Send a message via AIM to Opium Send a message via MSN to Opium Send a message via Yahoo to Opium

[color=#000000ost_uid0][bost_uid0]Top 10 Voyager Episodes Dropped Because of Controversy[/bost_uid0]
if anyone wants to take it and cant find a list they want to write from the "Top Ten Lists that should Never be Made" list.[/colorost_uid0]

Please vote Morphine! (Thanks, Zeke!)
Needing more sleep since before 2003
Old 03-25-2004, 03:04 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[quoteost_uid0="MaverickZer0"][color=#000000ost_uid0]*shakes Nintelligent.net* Damn you for looking so official. And all I wanted was a good quality Zero.exe piccie!

I see now. It's about as official as FanFiction.net. Damn that place anyways.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Don't worry about it. Lots of people have this theory, and there's some merit to it (Bass and Zero do have similarities) -- it's just not official by any stretch of the imagination. So far the only direct connection Capcom has made between the original and X series is that X was built by Dr. Light and Zero by Dr. Wily. Everything else is speculation.

By the way, if you like Bass, you're going to see more of him at 5MV soon. I've decided to do the Mega Man & Bass fiver next. (What do you think of the MM fivers I've done so far, btw? I've never heard what an actual Mega Man fan thinks of them.)[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 03-26-2004, 05:41 AM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Holy cow. Did I just kill the Top Ten Lists thread?[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
Old 03-26-2004, 06:06 AM
Calvinist

Send a message via AIM to Opium Send a message via MSN to Opium Send a message via Yahoo to Opium

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Yes you did. The only way to fix it is for you to write one! [/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-26-2004, 06:27 AM
Doctoral candidate
Staff

Send a message via AIM to Scooter

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I think everyone's too scared to do "Phlox's Top Ten Bodily Anomalies." :shudder: [/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-26-2004, 09:22 AM
Calvinist

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Well, I did suggest an alternative:
Top 10 Voyager Episodes Dropped Because of Controversy[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-26-2004, 12:43 PM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

[color=#000000ost_uid0]And then there are
Top Ten Erotic Fantasies Involving Neelix,
Top Ten Things Found Under the Bed in Jake's Room,
Top Ten Off-Color Joe Piscopo Jokes Cut From "The Outrageous Okona" and
The Obsessive Trekker's Top Ten Ways in Which TOS Constitutes a Serious and Compelling Social Document Reflecting Profoundly on Our Culture and Our Times.

[/colorost_uid0]

I'm not the devil, I just work for her.

What spoon? There is no spoon. According to Zeke, it's a cat. ~NeoMatrix

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Sa'ar Chasm: Too far south you hit Belgium.
catalina marina: Not in Limburg you don't.
Sa'ar Chasm: You do if you go south in the right way.
Old 03-27-2004, 01:55 AM
Wigging out

Send a message via ICQ to Nic Corelli

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Scooter, have you forgotten about the tradition of you resurrecting the Top 10 List thread and me sending you cookies? [/colorost_uid0]

~A Game of Thrones, book one of Song of Ice and Fire
Old 03-27-2004, 05:12 AM
Doctoral candidate
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Can't resist cookies. Here goes (with apologies in advance):

Top Ten Off-Color Joe Piscopo Jokes Cut From "The Outrageous Okona"

10. How many Ferengi does it take to screw in a light bulb? Three—one to sell the light-bulb-screwing-in franchise, one to sell the actual light bulb, and one to lease access to the socket.

9. A robot walks into a bar. He orders a scotch and fire extinguisher.

8. A Pakled was on his first visit to the big space station. Passing by the transporter chamber, he sees a big ugly Klingon warrior beam out; a few seconds later a beautiful Deltan female beams in. The Pakled scratches his head and says, "Sure wish I'd brought the wife!"

7. A Vulcan died and was startled to find he was surrounded by millions of annoying, laughing, illogical Earthlings. Unable to take it for more than a few minutes, he sought out St. Peter and said, "Something went wrong. I've been sent to Earth heaven by mistake." St. Peter laughed and said, "Buddy, this isn't Earth heaven—this is Vulcan hell!"

6. How many nanites does it take to screw in a light bulb? Two, same as anywhere else.

5. There are 10 types of people in the galaxy—those who understand binary, and those who don't.

4. I once served with a guy who was so dumb, he thought "life support" was a help desk for screw-ups.

3. My wife is the exact opposite of a Vulcan. She thinks about nothing but sex and she has logic once every seven years.

2. How many Children of Tama does it take to screw in a light bulb? Mimba, his finger extended.

And the Number One Off-Color Joe Piscopo Joke Cut From "The Outrageous Okona":

1. A Bolian walks into a bar. The bartender says, "Hey, buddy, why so blue?"

I'm here all week. Try the veal![/colorost_uid0]

Old 03-27-2004, 05:18 AM
Doctoral candidate
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]10. Top Ten Secrets of Sa'ar's Love Life [bost_uid0]Done[/bost_uid0]
9. Phlox's Top Ten Bodily Anomalies [bost_uid0]Oh No![/bost_uid0]
8. Top Ten Erotic Fantasies Involving Neelix [bost_uid0]Please Don't[/bost_uid0]
7. Top Ten Deaths of John [bost_uid0]Done[/bost_uid0] (Twice)
6. Top Ten Most Romantic C/7 Moments [bost_uid0]Done[/bost_uid0]
5. Top Ten Ways to Bring Back Dr. Pulaski [bost_uid0]Done[/bost_uid0]
4. Top Ten Things Found Under the Bed in Jake's Room [bost_uid0]Done[/bost_uid0]
3. Top Ten Off-Color Joe Piscopo Jokes Cut From "The Outrageous Okona" [bost_uid0]Done[/bost_uid0]

2. The Obsessive Trekker's Top Ten Ways in Which TOS Constitutes a Serious and Compelling Social Document Reflecting Profoundly on Our Culture and Our Times
1. Top Ten Topic Title Threads [bost_uid0]Done[/bost_uid0]

Only the three most terrifying titles left!
Also good: Opium's Top 10 Voyager Episodes Dropped Because of Controversy[/colorost_uid0]

Old 03-27-2004, 01:06 PM
Man in the iron mask

Send a message via ICQ to Gatac Send a message via AIM to Gatac

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Phlox's Top Ten Bodily Anomalies

10. His hair is actually a bunch of frozen noodles covered with paint and transparent finish.
9. He doesn't really smile like that, but reality-bending CGI is all the rage on Denobula.
8. He's a sentient plant, and no, he doesn't know what the frell you're complaing about.
7. His toenails grow back into his feet, and he has to cement new material onto them every two weeks.
6. He only has a semi-colon.
5. Denobulans don't sleep, period, but Phlox just needs to get away from those awful humans a few days every year.
4. He's got a third, detachable arm that he keeps in a cage, but nobody has noticed it yet.
3. He has eyes in the back of his skull. The crew learned not to mouth off behind his back during the first annual physical.
2. He's a lithovore - all the humanoid food is merely an appetizer for all those delicious rocks he steals from the geological survey teams.

And the number one Bodily Anomaly of Doctor Phlox is:

1. His enormous...neck ridges.

Hm, it's not all that funny, but I guess anything else would be tapdancing over a minefield. Without Romulans.

Gatac[/colorost_uid0]
- d02 Quotes
Old 03-27-2004, 07:32 PM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]I'm here all week. Try the veal! [/quoteost_uid0]

Hilarity ensures. It's a trap! Your targ wants gagh.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-27-2004, 08:49 PM
Suuuuuper genius

Send a message via AIM to MaverickZer0 Send a message via MSN to MaverickZer0 Send a message via Yahoo to MaverickZer0

[quoteost_uid0="Zeke"][color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="MaverickZer0"]*shakes Nintelligent.net* Damn you for looking so official. And all I wanted was a good quality Zero.exe piccie!

I see now. It's about as official as FanFiction.net. Damn that place anyways.[/quoteost_uid0]
Don't worry about it. Â Lots of people have this theory, and there's some merit to it (Bass and Zero do have similarities) -- it's just not official by any stretch of the imagination. Â So far the only direct connection Capcom has made between the original and X series is that X was built by Dr. Light and Zero by Dr. Wily. Â Everything else is speculation.

By the way, if you like Bass, you're going to see more of him at 5MV soon. Â I've decided to do the Mega Man & Bass fiver next. (What do you think of the MM fivers I've done so far, btw? Â I've never heard what an actual Mega Man fan thinks of them.)[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Yeah...the only reason I keep trying to make connections is the Zero looks a lot like Proto and has a similar attitude to Bass.

MegaMan and Bass fiver? Kewl.

The MM fivers are great. I've been working on clearing BN...(as much as it gets repetitous, and as Pokemon-y (shudder) as it is, it's still MM) and I wonder, will there be any fivers for that? Mind you, they sometimes make fun of themselves...[/colorost_uid0]

No, I don't know what I'm doing, but I'm going to go and do it anyway.

*pokes avatar* Made by a good LJ friend. Thanks Ani!

Dark Blues: I'm going to kill you!
Enzan: Not if I kill me first!
Dark Blues: You...are aware my goal is accomplished either way, right?
Enzan: ...Yeah...
Old 03-27-2004, 10:03 PM
Administrator

[quoteost_uid0="MaverickZer0"][color=#000000ost_uid0]The MM fivers are great. I've been working on clearing BN...(as much as it gets repetitous, and as Pokemon-y (shudder) as it is, it's still MM) and I wonder, will there be any fivers for that?[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Definitely. I recently became a big Battle Network fan (I'm nearly done the second game), and sometimes fiver scenes occur to me while I'm playing. Battle Network is the only Mega Man fiver I've actually had a request for -- Michiel asked about it. So it may be appearing sooner than I originally planned. (My original plan was to go in chronological order, so the classic series, then X, then Zero, then maybe Legends, then BN.)

However, I'm behind on about a zillion site things, so we're definitely talking my version of "soon" here.[/colorost_uid0]

Old 03-28-2004, 06:41 AM
Last guardian of a fallen... wtf?

Location: Andromatlantis, in the Tri-Pegasus Galaxy. (Wait, what?)

[quoteost_uid0="NAHTMMM"][color=#000000ost_uid0]I like your new avatar, Arzosah [/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Thankyou
It is, of course, from Andromeda! [/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-29-2004, 08:08 AM
Calvinist

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Top Ten Erotic Fantasies Involving Neelix

10.*entry deleted by scary-image police*
9.*entry deleted by scary-image police*
8.*entry deleted by scary-image police*
7.*entry deleted by scary-image police*
6.*entry deleted by scary-image police*
5.*entry deleted by scary-image police*
4.*entry deleted by scary-image police*
3.*entry deleted by scary-image police*
2.*entry deleted by scary-image police*
1.After getting incredible plastic-surgery to look like Brad Pitt, Neelix stars in "Troy:The Olympiad Version".

Which leaves....

The Obsessive Trekker's Top Ten Ways in Which TOS Constitutes a Serious and Compelling Social Document Reflecting Profoundly on Our Culture and Our Times

OR...
Opium's Top 10 Voyager Episodes Dropped Because of Controversy[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-29-2004, 08:47 AM
Transformed Man

Send a message via ICQ to Standback Send a message via MSN to Standback Send a message via Yahoo to Standback

[color=#000000ost_uid0]::gnashes teeth at lack of time to write list::

Must... revive... thread...

[/colorost_uid0]
--It\'s Walky!, David Willis
Old 03-29-2004, 11:42 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Opium"]Top Ten Erotic Fantasies Involving Neelix

10.*entry deleted by scary-image police*
9.*entry deleted by scary-image police*
8.*entry deleted by scary-image police*
7.*entry deleted by scary-image police*
6.*entry deleted by scary-image police*
5.*entry deleted by scary-image police*
4.*entry deleted by scary-image police*
3.*entry deleted by scary-image police*
2.*entry deleted by scary-image police*
1.After getting incredible plastic-surgery to look like Brad Pitt, Neelix stars in "Troy:The Olympiad Version".[/quoteost_uid0]

Dude! You could have put the plastic-surgery item as number 10 and then written NINE other fantasies involving Brad Pitt doppelgangers!

What is [iost_uid0]wrong[/iost_uid0] with you?[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-29-2004, 12:00 PM
Man in the iron mask

Send a message via ICQ to Gatac Send a message via AIM to Gatac

[color=#000000ost_uid0]But...nine top erotic fantasies involving a Brad Pitt doppelganger? I can hardly pin it down to a Top Fifty

Gatac[/colorost_uid0]
- d02 Quotes