The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Science Fiction

Old 07-22-2007, 04:33 PM
Reasonably priced male pills

Send a message via MSN to Chancellor Valium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burt View Post
Your little picture. It's from 'The Sound of Drums' where the doctor was talking about the timelords? And if I remember correctly, you didn't like that episode! And you didn't like the idea of the Timlord being outside...
But, if we didn't have that episode, then we wouldn't have that fantastic shot of the timelord standing outside.

So, he described the Time Lords as an old mattress, and I described BSG as an old mattress?

I fail to see any necessary connection.
Is the earth of a dusty tomorrow!
Old 09-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Hobbesian

Location: We're......Everywhere! Wait wait wait... That's the Founders. No, I'm just in Hastings
Send a message via MSN to Burt

Ok, I just watched "Exodus". (Yeah I know, bit behind.) I though it was very good. I liked how the show worked on the planet so well. Some shows, like Trek, aren't usually that great on planets. Anyway though, the battle at the end, I feel was a bit stupid. I mean... why would you destroy a better and more powerful ship to keep an old bucket? I know that they said Lee would have evacuated most of his crew and Adamas wasn't ready... but still! Worst battle plan EVER! I'm surprised Adama didn't slap Lee silly when they met up again. He just lost one of two last remaining ever Battlestars! And the better one at that! But, yeah yeah, I know, the writers wanted to return it to a one ship show, and not even the power of a BS can overcome the writers.
I did like the... kind of theme at the end - Loss. Lee had lost the Pegasus. Kira a child. Tigh a wife. Gatia his... moral code? Laura lost Hera.... Bout the only happy one was Adama!

Liked it though. Enjoying this series.
House Quote of the Day!
"I was curious. But since I'm not a cat, that's not dangerous to me." Dr House MD
I don't think that metaphor was actually designed to warn cats.
Dr Wilson MD (Just)
-------------------------------------------------
Old 10-29-2007, 08:41 PM
Distant relative of Tegan and Sara

I too really enjoy BSG, even the bad episodes (and they are there for sure) I still enjoy seeing all the characters I love and love to hate. I agree that all the Trek-bashing and "the show can do no wrong" attitude that some of the fans have is silly, but it doesn't prevent me from enjoying the show. But yeah, I am always leery of bandwagon things, hence why I waited so long to read Ender's game (good), Harry Potter (good), The DaVinci Code (bleh) and watch Lost (meh). And sure, it is a dark show, but I like to have a dark show to watch at times. I don't try and argue if a show is ground breaking or whatever, I haven't seen enough TV to argue that, but I know a couple of the best episodes IMO really hit me hard emotionally. Also, I do think the cast is pretty good which doesn't hurt them at all. They made some of the badly written episodes into something halfway decent

As for TOS, it did use the universe to tell the stories it wanted to tell, hence why it seems so black and white. NG has its faults, but c'mon, it has Picard and Data and Worf. Sure, they still told some moral stories, but they started to say "Hey, we have this cool universe, let's play!" DS9 is still my favorite Trek series as it had such cool political, religious, etc. stories to tell. I think often because it took some risks, it had some really great episodes and the few terrible ones, but overall, I loved that show. I watched all of Voyager and I liked the show fine but was disappointed as I felt it had the potential to be more, but Jim's Reviews did make me kinda fall in love a bit I watched the 1st season and some of the 2nd season of Enterprise, but I just never really got into the show. Someday I would like to watch it all though as I have heard good things about it from people I tend to agree with.
Old 10-30-2007, 06:36 AM
Unabridged
Senior Staff

Send a message via ICQ to ijdgaf Send a message via AIM to ijdgaf Send a message via MSN to ijdgaf

I dunno, I still have trouble calling anything a "bad episode" per say. That's not to say the show doesn't have variable quality. But there's only really one hour of the show I'd say that borders on unwatchability ("Tigh Me Up, Tigh me Down"). Unwatchability, or at least a feeling of embarassment at watching something, is my big indicator that an episode is bad.

When the show dips in the second and third seasons (and mostly the second), I think the better adjective is "disappointing".

...YOU CAN\'T UNREAD IT!
Old 12-10-2007, 09:35 PM
Unabridged
Senior Staff

Send a message via ICQ to ijdgaf Send a message via AIM to ijdgaf Send a message via MSN to ijdgaf

So Razor had some good, some bad, some corny, and overall I'd say it was a missed opportunity.

Yet there were some kick-ass effects and Cain stole every scene she was in, so not a complete loss.

...YOU CAN\'T UNREAD IT!