The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Miscellaneous

Old 08-15-2003, 01:22 PM
Insert canine joke here

Send a message via AIM to Celeste Send a message via MSN to Celeste Send a message via Yahoo to Celeste

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Well if our favorite Canadians and FatMats aren't annoyed that their cities lost power think of me! I've had my power go out 3 times in the past 3 days! It's getting rediculous. I'd have rather had the power go out once and stay out than giving me the false hope that the power will stay on. Curse the Power Grid!! ::shakes her fist::

(/Gripe)[/colorost_uid0]

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Floss Naked!
Old 08-15-2003, 02:18 PM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[color=#000000ost_uid0]In an ironic twist, I have the afternoon off work today because our power is going out at noon on purpose so the electrical guys can do some mumbo jumbo on the new addition to our building. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 08-15-2003, 02:54 PM
Insert canine joke here

Send a message via AIM to Celeste Send a message via MSN to Celeste Send a message via Yahoo to Celeste

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Hehehe. I got out of my Italian class cause the power in the building went out during a major lightning storm on wedensday night. But that was the only good part of the power outage!! [/colorost_uid0]

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Floss Naked!
Old 08-15-2003, 06:38 PM

[color=#000000:post_uid0]Just an update -- power is (slowly) coming back in Ottawa. Zeke should be back online shortly, if not permanently. (Power in some areas has failed again after being restored.)[/color:post_uid0]
Old 08-16-2003, 02:39 PM
Hello, John

Send a message via Yahoo to FatMatDuhRat

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I've been living in SW Florida since the middle of April but all of my family that's still living up in NYC was affected by the big bad blackout of '03.

Not that this matters too much when compared to the rest of the North-East, but there's a lot of lightning down here which causes the lights in my house to flicker sometimes.
[/colorost_uid0]
Do you think neural clones go to heaven? --John Crichton, Incubator (EP#3-11)
Old 08-16-2003, 06:36 PM
Is he ever gonna hit Krazy Kat, or what?

[quoteost_uid0="FatMat426"][color=#000000ost_uid0]I've been living in SW Florida since the middle of April ...[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Wondered about that when you mentioned Florida before. To paraphrase:

"What's a dazzling Brooklynite like you doing in a subtropical setting like this?"[/colorost_uid0]
Old 08-17-2003, 01:32 AM
Factorial

Send a message via AIM to NeoMatrix Send a message via MSN to NeoMatrix Send a message via Yahoo to NeoMatrix

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I was in Ohio visiting family when this power outage occured. We were affected indirectly because our cable went out for awhile. Also, I had to fly out Saturday (today) and the airports were a mess.

My Theory for the outage: They boosted the power up too much for the Dragster ride at Cedar Point. They have been having trouble getting that thing over the top, which is 400 ft high. Afterall, they are pointing at the Cleveland area for the cause, which is where Cedar Point is.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 08-17-2003, 02:00 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[quoteost_uid0="NeoMatrix"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Afterall, they are pointing at the Cleveland area for the cause, which is where Cedar Point is.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Really? But IJD lives so far from there.[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 08-17-2003, 03:10 AM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[quoteost_uid0="NeoMatrix"][color=#000000ost_uid0]My Theory for the outage: They boosted the power up too much for the Dragster ride at Cedar Point.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]My wife's theory for the outage was the changelings, but I'm thinking Red Squad myself.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 08-17-2003, 03:11 AM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Well, I think I've been hearing ads for a Cedar Hills Golf Club around here. (No, I have no idea what kind of club. Presumably a wood. )

I was watching CNN at noontime the day after and [iost_uid0]already[/iost_uid0] they were arguing over who should get the blame. :eyeroll: That's really going to do everyone a lot of good right now, thank you. The businessmen sleeping in front of the Post Office overnight must be unspeakably grateful about your use of your time and energy, CNN (and doubtless other news media). Reminds me of the Mark Twain story in which the townspeople are so grief-stricken by the death of the honest bank clerk (who leaves behind a family who was already struggling just to put food on the table) in a robbery that they quickly raise thousands of dollars to donate to a fund--not a fund for the widow and her children, mind you, but for a church to be built in the dead clerk's name. Â I just hope they get the power back up quickly.

That is all.[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 08-19-2003, 02:32 PM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

[quoteost_uid0="Celeste"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Hehehe. I got out of my Italian class cause the power in the building went out during a major lightning storm on wedensday night. But that was the only good part of the power outage!! [/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]You have Italian class? I had one lesson too, at night at the lake. I even remember a few words.

Also, there was a power outage? I miss way too much when I don't have television. And only Italian radio... [/colorost_uid0]

I'm not the devil, I just work for her.

What spoon? There is no spoon. According to Zeke, it's a cat. ~NeoMatrix

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Sa'ar Chasm: Too far south you hit Belgium.
catalina marina: Not in Limburg you don't.
Sa'ar Chasm: You do if you go south in the right way.
Old 08-19-2003, 05:36 PM
Insert canine joke here

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I no longer have Italian class! Yahoo!! I am no proceding to forget the last of everything I have learned to make room for more imiportant stuff like how to floss, and what makes up dental alginate.[/colorost_uid0]

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Floss Naked!
Old 08-20-2003, 09:13 AM
Calvinist

Send a message via AIM to Opium Send a message via MSN to Opium Send a message via Yahoo to Opium

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Lala...I live in the west, I live in the west...lala but my friends' brothers' flight got all messed up and messed upmy friends brithday plans...so I sufferent a horrible, horrible loss...okay, so it HAS given me some extra time to buy a present...so I was deeply affected and not being sarcastic at all.[/colorost_uid0]
Please vote Morphine! (Thanks, Zeke!)
Needing more sleep since before 2003
Old 08-20-2003, 09:07 PM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Lala...I live in the west, I live in the west...[/quoteost_uid0]

Blackouts? We ain't got not stinking blackouts.

Just forest fires. So far my house (technically my parents' house) in Kelowna is still standing. There's a lot of forest and creek and subdivision to burn through. No evacuation alert either, although a friend of mine has been evacuated, and the parents of another friend are on alert.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 08-21-2003, 01:12 AM
Calvinist

Send a message via AIM to Opium Send a message via MSN to Opium Send a message via Yahoo to Opium

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Oops...actually, I ment, lala, we dont have blackouts, nahnah, but its still causing flights tobe all wacky and stuff. But we do have fires. Fires bad. Fires very bad. And then of course the wormvirus in Air Canada, and that SARS-like disease in Surrey, and basically it sucks to be in North America right now.[/colorost_uid0]
Please vote Morphine! (Thanks, Zeke!)
Needing more sleep since before 2003
Old 08-21-2003, 02:00 AM
Insert canine joke here

[color=#000000ost_uid0]::Hugs Southern New England:: we're only watching out for Hurricains and sewage in the water atm. [/colorost_uid0]

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Floss Naked!
Old 08-21-2003, 02:15 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]:is completely glad she doesn't live on the troubled planet called Earth:

You poor, poor little Earthlings. War, diseases, natural disasters... you have my sympathies.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 08-21-2003, 02:18 AM
Factorial

Send a message via AIM to NeoMatrix Send a message via MSN to NeoMatrix Send a message via Yahoo to NeoMatrix

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Whats so good about Venus? You got thunderstorms every minute of the day, and the heat is unbearable.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 08-21-2003, 02:24 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I wouldn't know, I've never been there. My home planet is forty-seven hundred lightyears away from your Solar System.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 08-21-2003, 02:26 AM
Factorial

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Can I come visit? Are there alot of hot chicks there?[/colorost_uid0]