The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Miscellaneous

Old 06-18-2003, 05:16 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]"Oh, please don't let this blow up."[/quoteost_uid0]

Sounds like something an Alchemist might say.[/colorost_uid0]
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 06-18-2003, 09:27 PM
Calvinist

Send a message via AIM to Opium Send a message via MSN to Opium Send a message via Yahoo to Opium

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Hmm, well...I am the Opium of the Masses...or maybe not...actually, it orginated on a board that almost dead, and I wanted to bring in some debate, and since drugs and religions always bring up debate, and the whole Opium saying...
but the wierd thing is, I didnt talk about religion or drugs, just about pop culture...
and besides, I'm zaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyy, and Opium just fits [/colorost_uid0]
Please vote Morphine! (Thanks, Zeke!)
Needing more sleep since before 2003
Old 06-19-2003, 11:02 PM
Transformed Man

Send a message via ICQ to Standback Send a message via MSN to Standback Send a message via Yahoo to Standback

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]That was a Gnome story, wasn't it.[/quoteost_uid0]

D*** right it was. The best one I ever read.

Did your players ever enter this realm? Any interesting adventures? Me loveses gnomes, much much much.

[quoteost_uid0]Sounds like something an Alchemist might say.[/quoteost_uid0]

Dragonlance gnomes are a race of Discworld alchemists. Except there are a whole lot more of them, they've got their own volcano, and they extend their expertise to machinery, technology, quantum physics, philosophy, reverse psychology, and every other field they can dream up.[/colorost_uid0]
--It\'s Walky!, David Willis
Old 06-19-2003, 11:10 PM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Did your players ever enter this realm? Any interesting adventures? Me loveses gnomes, much much much.

[/quoteost_uid0]

One of the players was a gnome. It wasn't *quote* as bad as Mount Nevermind. The Tinkers form the elite class (rather than warriors), and the Kingdom had just suffered an occupation by a hobgoblin horde, so things weren't very wacky. The party was presented with a steam-powered firestarter in gratitude for saving the kingdom. It burned quite nicely. There was also a clockwork panzer that showed up at a later battle, but it didn't get far before the clockwork ran down.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 06-20-2003, 05:41 AM
Primal

[quoteost_uid0="Nan"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Before that I was The Ensign. [/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]I remember those days.

My name's kinda complicated, and it also harks from DC days. Back then I was running a website with a couple of my other friends and we'd created a Trek survey which we, naturally, had wanted to inflict on people.

So we posted it on the DC board and because there were 3 of us we just decided to be "The Collective" and assigned ourselves numbers based on our class register numbers. I became 17 of the Collective.

In recent years I've begun tacking "Taya" to the front of it, not because I think being the female form of a oak yatch is fun, but because I thought it sounded pretty.

I've had other Net appellations before. Sometimes I masquerade as Janeway's daughter. Of late I've also been using "Nimque Elen", which means "white star" in Elvish. My identity as a musician goes with "Speaker for the Dead", and I'm 'anodemud' when I'm blogging.

Hmm. Maybe I was wrong about not having multiple personality disorder after all.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 06-21-2003, 02:17 PM
Hello, John

Send a message via Yahoo to FatMatDuhRat

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I call mySelf "Fat Mat" because my Uncle once gave me
the nickname "Fat Mat the Rat" and he called my brother
"Sly Bri the Fly."

I used to write [bost_uid0]FatMatDuhRat[/bost_uid0] when I first started messing
around online, but it's much easier now just to type out
nine characters instead of 12.[/colorost_uid0]

Do you think neural clones go to heaven? --John Crichton, Incubator (EP#3-11)
Old 06-23-2003, 03:32 AM
Or is it KJHTMMM now?

Send a message via MSN to Katy Jane Send a message via Yahoo to Katy Jane

[color=#000000ost_uid0]My name, contrary to what many assume, is not short for Kathryn Janeway (eventhough she rules and i think its cool that it turned out that way) I picked it way before i started watching Voy. Katy is short for my real name Katrina and jane comes from my mothers pet name for me Lady Jane. i use a verison of it every where i have an alis (katy j, Lady Katy Jane, etc.)[/colorost_uid0]