The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Miscellaneous

Old 07-04-2003, 03:01 AM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

[color=#000000ost_uid0]OK, I 'borrowed' (translation 'stole' ) this from taya's blog, which in turn was borrowed from someone else, which was then borrowed from someone else again. It's fairly funny, so I thought, why not?

Be warned - I cannot be held responsible for any loss of sanity incurred as a result of reading the following post.

YOUR NAME

The singular boring question: What is your name?:
Luke Harty.

If you had been born a member of the opposite sex, what would your name have been?:
Josephene - don't ask why I like that name, I just do.

Would you name a child of yours after you?:
Heck no. then I'd have to call 'em Junior, and I'm just not that cruel.

If you had to switch first names with a friend of yours, who would you switch with?:
Graham.

What's the way people most often mispronounce any part of your name?:
It's pretty hard to mispronounce. I have had people try to spell my surname with an e before though.

If you were to become famous, would you drop your last name (like Madonna, Cher, Roseanne)?:
No. And anyway, the odds on me becoming in any way famous are pretty long.

DEEP THEOLOGICAL QUESTIONS

Do you believe in the traditional view of Heaven and Hell?:
No. I believe in the Discworld view of Heaven and Hell.

Do you think God has a gender?:
*Stifled laughter*
Next question.

Do you think science counteracts religion?:
No.

Do you believe in organized religion?:
Sort of.

Where do you think we go when we die?:
See above 'Discworld' aswer.

Do you feel a little funny thinking about the questions in this category?:
Not in the slightest.

HUMOR

How easy is it to make you laugh?:
Depends how much sugar I've had.

What person you know makes you laugh the most?:
Zeke.

Do you laugh at jokes you know you shouldn't?:
No.

Do you tell jokes you know you shouldn't?:
Yes. Really, [iost_uid0]really[/iost_uid0] lame ones.

What words instantly make you laugh or at least smile?:
Errr....kablazmo, and probably some others that I can't remember right now.

What do you think is the funniest thing you've ever said or written?:
Apart from my fiver, I once made a spectacularly witty retort, but, as the saying goes, you really had to be there.

MUSIC

Do you ever dance to music when nobody's watching?:
No. I don't dance. Period.

What is/are the worst song(s) you have ever heard?:
The list is endless.

What song(s) do you wish you could understand a little better?:
"One Thing Leads to Another" by The Fixx, and "Come Together" by the Beatles.

What song(s) are constantly in your head?:
The theme from Joe 90, the aformentioned "Come Together", and "King of Rock and Roll" by Prefab Sprout.

What song(s) do you think describe your personality best?:
I dunno. Something by David Bowie probably.

If you were to serenade the object of your affections, which song(s) would you use?:
Trust me, they wouldn't be the object of my affections if I wanted to sing to them.

If the object of your affections were to serenade you, what song(s) would you hope he or she used?:
I wouldn't really mind as long as it wasn't something I really didn't like.

MOVIES

What movie(s) do you love that nobody else seems to?:
Hehe. Easy question. Without a doubt David Lynch's [iost_uid0]Dune[/iost_uid0].

Do you agree with the idea that sequels are always worse than the original?:
No.

Who's your favorite Star Wars character?:
R2D2.

What kind of movie do you think there should be more of?:
What kind? The non-crap kind I guess.

What movie(s) do you simply not understand the appeal of?:
Any film that is simply a vehicle for a celebrity/singer/band.

FOOD

When eating, are you more concerned with taste or healthiness?:
Taste.

What's your favorite kind of cheese?:
Emmental.

What do you think your answer to the previous question reveals about your personality?:
That I like cheese?

If you knew exactly what went into Chinese food, hamburger meat, etc., would you still eat it?:
Probably not. But then I only rarely eat fast food anyway, so it's pretty much a moot point.

Do you ever feel guilty eating meat?:
No.

COMPUTERS

Mac or PC?:
In a perfect world, Mac.

How much do you actually care about the inner workings of your computer, as long as it works?:
Not a great deal. Getting the software on the computer to work is a different matter entirely.

Do you ever begin preferring IMs to other forms of conversation?:
Not really, no. Ninety percent of the people I talk to are actual friends, so I talk to them as I would do anyway.

Do you find you're different talking through IMs than face-to-face or on the telephone?:
Not really. Forums on the other hand...

Have you ever ended bid on something on eBay and regretted it later?:
e-whatnow?

THE BATTLE OF THE SEXES

Have you ever wished you could experience being the other gender?:
Sort of.

What do you love most about the other gender?:
A generalised question such as this deserves an equally generalised answer. So, everything and nothing.

What do you dislike most about the other gender?:
See above.

What do you understand least about the other gender?:
It's other people I don't understand full stop - gender really has nothing to do with it.

CELEBRITIES

Do you sometimes see a movie or watch a show just because a good-looking celebrity is in it?:
No.

What celebrity's autograph do you want most?:
A toughie. Either Gene Roddenberry, Glenn Miller, Tom Hanks, Alec Guinness or someone who has walked on the Moon.

Have people ever said you looked like a celebrity, and if so, who?:
Errr...no. I did have a teacher that looks like daytime TV DIY guru Nick Knowles though.

If there was to be a movie about you, who do you think should play you (in personality, looks or both)?:
Sam Neill maybe? He's nothing like me, but I think he's a good actor.

Does it ever annoy you when you know someone is a celebrity but you can't remember why?:
No, but it annoys me when I see an actor in something and I can't remember their name even though I know that I know it.

If you could enter any celebrity's mind like in "Being John Malkovich", whose would you enter?:
Ian Banks - I'd just love to know how his mind works.

Do you want to be John Malkovich?:
Can't say that I do.

NUMBERS

Do you laugh when you hear or read the number 69?:
No, just 47.

Were you lying about your answer to the previous question?:
No.

Do you actually know your Social Security Number?:
I guess the equivalent would be my National Insurance number, and no, I don't know it.

Do you actually know your IP address?:
Errr......Stoke-on-Trent?

Do you know what an IP address is?:
Vaguely.

Do you know the four-character extension on your ZIP code?:
Postcode, and yes I do know it.

Ever thought there were too many numbers floating around in our lives?:
No. You see, the numbers are never wrong. Just the people that come up with them.

Does your head begin to hurt when you think of infinity, imaginary numbers, irrational numbers, etc.?:
Nope. Infinty minus one, however....

What do you think of pi?:
*Drools* Mmm...steak and kidney...

LOVE, SEX AND ALL THAT

Did you get a little frightened or uncomfortable seeing this as a section title?:
Sorta.

If someone you had no interest in dating expressed interest in dating you, how would you feel?:
Hypothetically speaking (since it's never actually happened), it would depend on who was asking.

Do you prefer getting to know someone first before dating them or going in "blind"?:
Again, hypothetically speaking, I'd prefer to know them at least a bit.

Could you carry on a relationship with someone with the same first name as a family member?:
I suppose.

Have you ever wished it was more "socially acceptable" for a girl to ask a guy out?:
Personally, I don't care who asks who out. It shouldn't matter.

What's your opinion on sex without emotional commitment?:
I'll let you know when I've actually experienced it.

Have you ever been romantically attracted to someone physically unattractive?:
That all depends on your definition of 'physically unnatractive'. I could say no, but then I don't go around labling people as ugly. In my view, people just look different.

Do you think the opposite sex finds you good-looking?:
Not in the least.

Would you be willing to give up sex in exchange for an emotional commitment you knew would last?:
Yes. Or I could just get a pet I suppose.

POSSESSIONS

What is your favorite possession?:
My 'library'. At the last count, 6+ boxes worth of books.

What physical, tangible possession do you want most?:
A TARDIS.

How badly do you want it?:
Badly enough.

Have you ever seen 'The Exorcist'?:
No.

How long did it take you to understand why the last question is in this section?:
No time at all. Bad pun detection becomes second nature once you've been at 5MV long enough.

HOLIDAYS

Does Christmas music too far away from Christmas annoy you?:
No. Easter eggs on the shelves a month early does though.

How old do you think you will be before you stop liking getting older?:
What an odd question. I don't suppose I ever will, though there might be bits that I'll look back on and wich I could live again.

What was the best Halloween costume you ever had?:
Never had one - I've never been Trick or Treating in my whole life.

What was the worst Halloween costume you ever had?:
See above.

What holiday do you think has still managed to retain its original meaning?:
Love Day perhaps?

There are currently no federal holidays during August -- what should be put there?:
Pass.

MEMORIES

How good is your short-term memory?:
It varies from pretty bad to abso-fricken-loutely awful.

How good is your long-term memory?:
Good for remembering things in the past, not so good for remembering things I have to do in the future.

What is your earliest memory?:
I have a few scattered memories from before I moved to Scotland (which was about age 3) which include that of my sister being born.

What is your happiest memory?:
My happiest memories generally involve Ben (deceased golden Labrador who was a bit of a twit) and Biskett (deceased ginger cat who had a perpetually dirty chin and used to drool when really happy).

What is your strangest memory?:
I have this really wierd memory of an event involving a snake and a broken bottle of milk that even though I know to be untrue still persists.

What song, movie, etc. do you wish you could memorize?:
[iost_uid0]Dune[/iost_uid0], book and film. Then I could baffle people with lots of obsucre references. Oh wait, I do that already. Oh well.

TEARS

What movie makes/made you cry?:
I'm kinda ashamed to admit this, the end of [iost_uid0]Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country[/iost_uid0] always makes me go teary eyed.

What book makes/made you cry?:
None that I can think of.

What song makes/made you cry?:
None, though there is one bit of James Horner's score for [iost_uid0]Apollo 13[/iost_uid0] called "Dark Side of the Moon" that makes me feel quite emotional.

What makes/made you laugh so hard you cried?:
Random stuff that makes no sense. A good example is one time when I was watching a TV program called "Pet Rescue" that follows a bunch RSPCA people around and this cat came up on the TV (one of those ones with flat faces) and for some inexplicable reason I found it hilarious. I didn't stop laughing for a good five minutes.[/colorost_uid0]

- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 07-04-2003, 04:33 AM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Let's see, it's late, I can [iost_uid0]feel[/iost_uid0] my awakeness draining away and taking my restraint with it, and there are a number of questions here that I either can't or won't answer. This ought to be interesting...

YOUR NAME

Um, blue? No wait, that comes later--AARGH!

If you had been born a member of the opposite sex, what would your name have been?:
Quite possibly a form of "Lynn". Don't ask me why, it's just a hunch.

Absolutely not. My brother and I have enough trouble distinguishing which one of us is being called for as it is.

If you had to switch first names with a friend of yours, who would you switch with?:
None. No idea. Too narrow a field.

Not mispronounce, but people have been known to put an E where an A should be.

If you were to become famous, would you drop your last name (like Madonna, Cher, Roseanne)?:
Absolutely no way. That's just weird. Well, Cher can get away with it outside of France, but she doesn't count.

I'm not sure. I'm a Christian, but the traditional view may not coincide with mine. I doubt it does.

Yes. "God" is masculine, "Goddess" is feminine. :smile: And I invented "Gode" as a gender-neutral form.

Not particularly. Some scientists are out to get religion though, and some religious people are out to get science.

A lot of what we have now is diluted and not hitting the mark. But it's indisputable that Christians need to be there for each other. I won't presume to speak for other religions.

Depends on where and how we die and whether we have a burial, cremation, or whatever else.

Goofy? Yes. Funny? Not really.

HUMOR

If the right thought occurs to me at the right moment, when I'm in the right mood, and it strikes me as even mildly amusing, I can easily go off into a three- or four-minute giggling fit. In the wrong mood, I may not even smile at something that's hilarious.

Me. My family. Zeke. Derek.

Sometimes I can't help but giggle, they're so bad/pathetic/whatever.

What PHJ said.

"GAK!" Anything else that triggers a funny thought or memory--but that's not quite "instantaneous".

All of it. No, seriously. I find it all hilarious, at least until I come back to it a few months later and wince and wonder "What was I thinking when I wrote that? Was I really that bad?" But if I had to pick a "masterpiece" or two from all the havoc I have wrought, I would probably have to go with my two Jovian stories I've written and the one that is still in the planning-out stage. (It's annoying, I've had the idea for months on end, and everything's fallen into place, except the plot...)

MUSIC

Hum, yes. Dance, no.

Most of the stuff I hear that was made in the past five to ten years or so.

That's one reason why some of these songs are so bad. E-NUN-CEE-A-SHUN, people! "Sha-Sha Dream", indeed! Pfft! :eyeroll: Â Â Â Â Â Â [imgost_uid0]http://3sygma.com/fiveminute/forums/html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/imgost_uid0]

Can't say. There are a number of them, and they rotate constantly.

My personalities are too varied and complex to be described by a single song. :smile: The obvious one would be "They're Coming To Take Me Away", with the girlfriend stuff cut out. Probably something lyrical, not eardrum-smashing or anything.

If you were to serenade the object of your affections, which song(s) would you use?:
I would tend to agree with what PHJ said. But if she coaxed me into it (why? Love's weird like that, I guess), I would sing some old song.

If the object of your affections were to serenade you, what song(s) would you hope he or she used?:
A good one. A positive one.

MOVIES

Can't think of any. Insufficient sample. This section is going to be awfully repetitive, I think...

No, but they often are. Of course, very often the original isn't very good in the first place.

I dunno. Han's quite amusing.

The good kind. The kind that doesn't include any one-time cliched devices used to show a section of the audience that they were thought of (yes, children's movies, it's [iost_uid0][bost_uid0]you[/bost_uid0][/iost_uid0] in particular that I'm death-glaring at right now) or to bump the rating. The kind they aren't making (or did they ever?).

Get a listing of all the movies released within the past, say, three or four years. Pick three-quarters of them at random. Odds are you've got most of them.

FOOD

Taste, though healthiness is also important.

No favorite.

What do you think your answer to the previous question reveals about your personality?:
Ah, that would be telling, wouldn't it?

If you knew exactly what went into Chinese food, hamburger meat, etc., would you still eat it?:
No. My head would hurt too much for me to eat anything.

Nope.

COMPUTERS

Mac or PC?:
PC. Gotta love having more than one mouse button.

How much do you actually care about the inner workings of your computer, as long as it works?:
I'm trying to imagine such a situation. And failing. It's late. Sorry.

Nope. In-person conversations are much better than IM's. Though IM's can be better than e-mail or PM's in some situations.

Do you find you're different talking through IMs than face-to-face or on the telephone?:
Well, yes. I have to think and type faster with IM's than I have to think and talk on the phone.

Nope. Never bidden at eBay.

THE BATTLE OF THE SEXES

Have you ever wished you could experience being the other gender?
No, not really. Wondered what their lives were like, certainly.

They aren't any worse than mine.

They aren't any better than mine.

The same that I understand least about mine.

CELEBRITIES

Do you sometimes see a movie or watch a show just because a good-looking celebrity is in it?:
I try to make a point of avoiding such gimmicks.

I dunno. None, as of yet. I do have a few.

People mix me up with my brother, but he's not a celebrity. Now excuse me while I go pound my head in annoyance over passing up a perfectly good set-up line over a year ago.

If there was to be a movie about you, who do you think should play you (in personality, looks or both)?:
Well, if it were a "good" movie, a "celebrity" so that they wouldn't be able to wipe it out of existence completely. If I were embarrassed by it for a [iost_uid0]good[/iost_uid0] reason (because it stunk), then a nobody, so that it could melt into obscurity (which it would do if there were no celebrities involved).

Does it ever annoy you when you know someone is a celebrity but you can't remember why?:
No. I don't bother to keep track of who played what role in which lame TV series. Sometimes it annoys me when I know someone is a celebrity and I [iost_uid0]do[/iost_uid0] know why--not annoyed at myself, but annoyed at others for encouraging the person.

If you could enter any celebrity's mind like in "Being John Malkovich", whose would you enter?:
I have no idea.

No. I want to be me.

NUMBERS

No. I :eyeroll: every time 144 is the answer to yet [iost_uid0]another[/iost_uid0] math problem, though. (Seems to have petered out, however.)

Well, exaggerating a little. Hey, the smiley was handy.

Not particularly. The vague outlines, sometimes.

No, I don't.

Yes. I think.

Don't care to. The post office and junk mailers can go nuts over it, but I don't care.

No, not really. Sometimes I think people rely too much on numbers, though.

Does your head begin to hurt when you think of infinity, imaginary numbers, irrational numbers, etc.?:
No, except when I'm trying to figure out what a fractal is up to.

I think it's a lot of fun to write. Also, "Moo". (I got such a kick out of that shirt. [imgost_uid0]http://3sygma.com/fiveminute/forums/html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/imgost_uid0])

LOVE, SEX AND ALL THAT

Did you get a little frightened or uncomfortable seeing this as a section title?:
Concerned, yes. I was under the impression we had already covered this. But no big problem (hopefully).

If someone you had no interest in dating expressed interest in dating you, how would you feel?:
On the spot, assuming I picked up on it.

Do you prefer getting to know someone first before dating them or going in "blind"?:
I don't even give serious thought to asking someone out until I feel I know them well. I don't want to waste anyone's time or effort, and I don't want to be in a situation where one person loves the other and the other doesn't.

Could you carry on a relationship with someone with the same first name as a family member?:
I'd cringe every time the subject came up.

Have you ever wished it was more "socially acceptable" for a girl to ask a guy out?:
I really don't care about society in that regard. I'm certainly not aware of any girls who would have asked me out if they didn't feel constrained by something, so I don't see how that would affect me.

It's late, and the only parallel that comes to mind is doing 50 over the limit without a seatbelt just because you can so there nyaah-nyaah Mom.

I have never seen a person I considered to be truly ugly in the physical sense. There *are* a lot of ugly minds out there, but that's beside the point...

Absolutely not. Well, every once in a great while, but then I daydream of contending for the FIDE championship too.

Would you be willing to give up sex in exchange for an emotional commitment you knew would last?:
"Give up"? I wouldn't start it.

POSSESSIONS

No idea, so I'll say "myself".

No comment.

I'll go with PHJ's answer, assuming it won't result in my feeling compelled to wander into a shower where I meet a bloody and horrifying end.

No.

How long did it take you to understand why the last question is in this section?:
A few seconds after reading this question. I still don't understand it, but I know a pointed-out reference when I see it.

HOLIDAYS

By definition, yes.

I stopped liking it some years ago. Another year older means another year you'll never have back.

A big cardboard jack-o'-lantern.

A black jacket with some white chalk rubbed on in places.

A few do, but the original meaning is squeezed in among other stuff.

There are currently no federal holidays during August -- what should be put there?:
There's Friendship Day somewhere, though it isn't federal.
Don't worry about it--when I rule the world, the "problem" will be taken care of. [imgost_uid0]http://3sygma.com/fiveminute/forums/html/non-cgi/emoticons/wink.gif[/imgost_uid0]

MEMORIES

What PHJ said. I think. Wait, what exactly did he say again...? :S

As good as my short-term memory.

I think from when I was about four or five, our TV had a triangular prism on top, on which were printed the channel numbers. And there was a light inside to show which channel was tuned in. Also, I remember my mother at about the same time, sitting in a chair. And the backyard with its stone donkey and birdbath, and the nice neighbor.

I have no clue.

I have no clue.

I think I've (rather accidentally) got my brain trained so that I can memorize songs rather easily. Visual memories are another matter entirely.

TEARS

Can't think of any.

There was one that made my eyes wet. I think I just read it at the "right time".

Can't think of any, but "Cat and the Cradle" can put me in that mood.

See my note about giggling fits above.

[iost_uid0]Edited to clarify my button comment. ...That sounds weird out of context, doesn't it?[/iost_uid0][/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 07-04-2003, 10:03 AM
Last guardian of a fallen... wtf?

Location: Andromatlantis, in the Tri-Pegasus Galaxy. (Wait, what?)

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Hmm...
Interesting...

YOUR NAME

Andromeda, I mean Lisa.

Luke. (Luke, I am your father! )

I believe that naming your child after yourself is the single most self obsessed thing you could do. (That means no)

Friend?

I have been called Lisa Tablet before.

Lisa is just to dull, so no.

Unsure. Possibly religion is just something we make up to be comforted.

Don't believe in god. *ducks just in case*

People keep finding ways to get past that, so no.

Not really.

Six feet under the ground for future storage.

Should I?

HUMOR

I went into hysterics for an entire 45 minute scince lesson because someone said boom as they flicked a rubber band. That answer your question?

Sarah Jucha

What shouldn't I laugh at?

I don't tell jokes. Not real ones, anyway. Yes, I suppose

'Delicious smell' (Private joke) 'Nicaragua.' (what is that anyway?)

funny ha ha or funny strange? nothing and lots.

MUSIC

They're always watching. *looks around suspiciously*

Mmm-Bop.

The songs in spanish by Shakira

"I want candy, doo doo doo do doo!"

'Lisa, it's your birthday!'

None, I don't want to scare him away.

None, that would scare me away!

MOVIES

Does Andromeda count?

No, but prequels are.

Han Solo, no question.

Andromeda

'Scary Movie'

FOOD

If it has Tomato Sauce, it's good.

The edible kind.

I don't like to eat inedible stuff.

I don't know, because i don't know what's in it.

Mmmm, meat.

COMPUTERS

Mac or PC?:
Aaaarrrrrggggghhhh! Kill the Mac, Kill the Mac!

If hitting it with a brick helps, it's all good.

Oh yeah. People can't see me.

I really don't actually talk much. I say maybe two unnessesary sentences a day, and speak when I'm spoken to.

eBay is annoying. That's a no.

THE BATTLE OF THE SEXES

It would be easier I reckon.

the fact that the initials spell TOG

The word gender. I prefer 'Opposite Sex'

Why they like to play football (Aussie), and basically run around getting bashed up.

CELEBRITIES

Not good looking, but sometimes i prefer certain actors/tresses

Elvis, then i could sell it.

I looked like Padme once, but i was dressed as Princess Leia so that's kinda strange.

That would be a really boring movie. I wouldn't want to ruin an actors career like that.

For some reason, that question makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Jim Carrey - is he insane?

Who is John Malkovich?

NUMBERS

I will ignore that.

Yes, because if I'd ignored it, i wouldn't have written anything, now would I?

What is that?

What is that?

Don't you ever listen to a thing I say?

Extension? Of what? (Ha Ha, zip, that's funny! add that to my 'Words I laugh at list.)

Oooh, floaty.

all numbers are imaginary, infinity is not a number, and numbers are imaginary things, not beings capable of irrationality.

It doesn't look much like a pie, now does it?

LOVE, SEX AND ALL THAT

If something annoys me, I'll ignore it, or come up with some supposedly wittl remark.

complimented

Who cares?

My parents names are pretty uncommon, but one of my cousins is dating someone with the same name as my uncle, and she gets on just fine.

Again, does anyone really care about that?

I am underage, so I wouldn't know.

Yeah. I am now.

I'll ask them and tell you.

Give up? What? I can't give up, I haven't started.

POSSESSIONS

My dragon ring

The entire series of Andromeda on DVD.

Price, my soul? Okay.

No

There's a pun? No, I mean that. What is it?

HOLIDAYS

I actually was singing Jingle Bells, and Jingle Bell Rock, 10 minutes ago

When I leave school, I just wanna stay right there.

I dressed as Tinkerbell when I was about 7, and I haven't dressed up since.

You really don't listen to a word I say, do you?

Holidays have meaning?

How about 'Month Off Day'

MEMORIES

What was the question? What was I doing?

I remember being two and hugging a complete stranger's leg 'cos I thought he was my Dad.

That previous one.

My second Houseboat Trip.

I remember sitting on the edge of my spa eating cat food.

I don't wish, I do.

TEARS

Pay It Forward

Oh, lots. But don't tell anyone.

There's this song, in this movie, but I can't remember either name.

Sarah has this habit of saying 'No, you're a ...' and whatever you said. I happened to say, 'There's a delicious smell in this room' while we worked at Marcellinas (restaurant) and her response was 'No, you're a delicious smell' and we didn't get any work done for about 15 minutes after that.[/colorost_uid0]

Old 07-04-2003, 03:33 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]There's a pun? No, I mean that. What is it?[/quoteost_uid0]

[iost_uid0]The Exorcist[/iost_uid0]? 'Possessions'? It's really pretty obvoius when you think about it.

Incidently, anyone wanting to know what the theme from [iost_uid0]Joe 90[/iost_uid0] does actually sound like can find it here.[/colorost_uid0]

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 07-04-2003, 05:16 PM
Future's so bright ya gotta wear shades

Send a message via AIM to MmeBlueberry Send a message via Yahoo to MmeBlueberry

[color=#000000ost_uid0]YOUR NAME

Amanda Saxon Dean.

Daniel Allen Saxon

No. That's just nonsense. Why even bring it up?

I like my first name; I would probably find another Amanda to switch with if I had to switch with someone.

"Amanda" doesn't usually get mispronounced. Neither does "Dean." But "Saxon" (my maiden name)...for some reason, people always wanted to say "Saxton." Even if they were looking at it on paper. I don't understand why they imagined a T there.

I wouldn't go by just my first name. But I always thought I might go by "Amanda Rae" if I became famous. I don't know of any celebrity teachers, though, so I doubt I'm in danger of having to make the choice.

Which tradition?

I use masculine pronouns when referring to God. However, I believe that He transcends gender, and that language can be rather restrictive.

No

I believe in the priesthood of all believers, and I'm a member of a church.

To be with God, or to be separated from God.

No

HUMOR

It depends...I think it's generally pretty easy, but if it's 2 AM it becomes a whole lot easier.

Derek

Sometimes

Only when the situation demands it

Llamas!

I don't think I've written a whole lot of funny stuff, and most of what I've said that's funny is situational.

MUSIC

That depends on how "dance" is defined. I move to music when nobody's watching, but I don't know that it would qualify as "dancing."

"Feed Jake." I've only heard it once, thank God.

"Louie Louie"

I woke up this morning with "Johnny Fedora and Alice Blue Bonnet" in my head, and I have no idea why. There's always something there, but it changes a lot.

I have no idea.

I usually use made-up songs.

It doesn't matter; anything works.

MOVIES

See, the problem with this question is that I know groups of people that like every movie I love. So I don't know of any that NOBODY seems to like.

Generally, but not always.

I don't like Star Wars. *ducks and runs*

Decent movies without profanity, sex, and violence.

There are a lot of these.

FOOD

Taste, though I probably ought to start paying attention to the healthiness

Sharp cheddar

Very little

The extent of Chinese food that I eat, yes. But I don't eat hamburgers. And I'm not sure exactly what "etc." is referring to, so I don't know.

No, but sometimes I feel guilty for not eating all of it if I'm not as hungry as I thought I was when I ordered.

COMPUTERS

Mac or PC?:
PC

I have spurts of caring, but they're neither very often nor very long-lasting.

Yes, it's less expensive than calling people, and most of my friends aren't in my city (or state, for that matter).

Yes, because I have to convey my tone through text.

No, I've actually wanted the few things I've bid for on eBay.

THE BATTLE OF THE SEXES

No

They kill bugs.

They laugh at me for not killing the bugs.

I don't understand why they sometimes want to let the bugs live.

CELEBRITIES

No

I'm a history teacher. The people I'd love to have autographs from are dead.

I don't think so.

Me

No, because I generally can't identify celebrities.

I have no idea.

No

NUMBERS

No

No

Yes

No, but I know where to find it if I need to.

Yes

No, but I know my parents' (which was mine for a long time).

No, numbers are cool.

No

It's overrated. e is more fun because fewer people know it.

LOVE, SEX AND ALL THAT

I haven't really been looking at the section titles.

Right now, like they were an idiot, since I'm married. Before that, I have felt embarrassed (thinking I led the person on somehow) or mildly amused (when I was 17 and 26-year-old guys thought I was older).

Again, talking about before I was married...I wouldn't have dated anyone I wasn't already friends with.

Yes

No, on the occasions when I needed to ask someone out (proms) I did. (And just for the record, there were 10 guys and 23 girls in my graduating class, so it's just that there weren't enough guys to go around.)

I'm a no-sex-outside-of-marriage person, and marriage is a pretty big emotional commitment, so...

Yes

In general, I don't know. Derek does, or else he's a very good liar.

Again, I think sex only belongs in marriage, so...

POSSESSIONS

The way I spend my time would suggest that my computer is my favorite possession.

Right now, lunch.

It's getting worse.

No

Like I said, I haven't been looking at the section titles.

HOLIDAYS

No way. Christmas music is awesome any time. Well, except that I didn't want any at my wedding--but that was different.

30. Then I think I'll have to be a REAL grown-up. Or maybe I'll just defer that to 40 at that point.

The only Halloween costume I can remember was a mermaid one, and it was pretty cool.

I don't remember.

Arbor Day?

August doesn't need a federal holiday. February does. There are no school days off in February. I don't care if we get Valentine's Day off or put something else there, we just need to get a holiday in February.

MEMORIES

It's pretty good.

Generally it's pretty good, but sometimes not.

When my sister Elease was born, I remember holding my dad's hand and walking down the hall at the hospital, and then being held up to the window where I could see all the babies. I don't remember which one was Elease, though. I was 2 at the time.

Hmm...I don't know if it was at my wedding, or when Derek proposed, or when my little sister was born (Sarah--I was 13 then). One of those.

I have a lot of strange memories. I don't know which one is strangest.

I memorize songs and movies pretty easily...I think I know all the ones I want to right now.

TEARS

[iost_uid0]My Girl[/iost_uid0]

[iost_uid0]Pretense[/iost_uid0], by Lori Wick. Every stinkin' time, even though I know what's coming. I don't think any other book has made me cry.

I got a little teary the first time I heard "The Baby."

Derek's "autobiography"[/colorost_uid0]
Old 07-04-2003, 06:04 PM
Or is it KJHTMMM now?

Send a message via MSN to Katy Jane Send a message via Yahoo to Katy Jane

Katrina Waltz

Ummm........David?

not exactly but i have concitered the name Katy Jane for a girl.

easy... Sara

for some reason everyone calls me Kristina

No. .

Sort of, i think people confused on some of the details

no

I'll get back to you on that one

yes

that would depend

nope

HUMOR

pritty darn eazy

either my little brother or my friend Todd

No.

you better beleve it

I would have to say *edited for content*

In 6th grade i wrote a letter from the POV of a turkey in favor of eating anything other than turkey for thanksgiving

MUSIC

yes. even if they are watching

Bird is the Word

There are lots of them, none of which i can think of at the moment

usualy just what ever i heard last, but i did have a weird al song stuck in my head for a week straight once.

Probably something by Weird Al

"I Can Love You Like That"

See above

MOVIES

Dave, Its about this guy that they get to pretend to be the president and he falls in love with the first lady, no one ever seem to have heard of it.

No.

Ive always liked Luke Skywalker's aunt and uncle for some reason

non-sequels

movies that star hit singers that cant act.

FOOD

Taste.

munster

Um... should it say someting about my personality?

I still eat hotdogs dont i

not in a million years

COMPUTERS

Mac or PC?:
PC

Not really

no, only when talking to compleat strangers

yes. i'm realy quiet on the phone and what im like in person well... lets just say you cant convey that in words

ha! Ive no credit card to bid with

THE BATTLE OF THE SEXES

Yeah, im a bit of a tom boy.

the fact that their eazier to understand than women

that they get all goofy over pritty girls

just why do they get all goofy over pritty girls

CELEBRITIES (This section omitted because i have no intrest in celeberitys and i am to tired to think of joke answers)

NUMBERS

i have to agree with PHJ, just the number 47

No.

yes, eversince i started filling out collage apps

should i?

no idea

nope

YES!!!!!

Nope. my brother on the other hand starts pulling his hair out if you so much as mention the letter i

Heehee, somany puns so little time

LOVE, SEX AND ALL THAT

Frightened no, uncomfortable sorta

I'll try anything once

I have to know someone well enough to call them my friend before ill date them

yes

i just wish i had the guts to ask a guy out.

not that i'v had any experiance with this but i think commitment sould come before sex

no, but the other way around, yes

not at all

Yes.

POSSESSIONS

my books

a car, that runs

not so badly anymore cause i got one to day (only 47000 miles on it, i think its a sign)

No.

i knew right away, my mom is the punmaster

HOLIDAYS

YES!

I hope i never get that old.

my gandma made me and all 15 of my cousins a diffrent color crayon, that was great.

cant think of one

none of them? maybe thanksgiving or independice day

August Day, a free day off from work because summers almost over

MEMORIES

whats worse that horrably tarable

pritty good

when my brother was born when i was two and a half

going to the beach in forlida when i was 5

getting in to the medicen cabent when i was 3, turning up the choloclat x-lax and takeing my moms Dilatin insted

Shrek (I'm almost there)
TEARS

"the Grave of the Fireflys" made me ball

one i read once, i think it was called "Mick was Here"

Garth Brooks the Dance

It could be anything, once i start laughing its hard for me to stop.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 07-04-2003, 06:12 PM
Or is it KJHTMMM now?

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Ok thats it, Just What Is An IP adress, Its driveing me nuts[/colorost_uid0]
Old 07-04-2003, 08:00 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]An Internet Provider (?) address is used by your computer to identify itself on the Internet. Like a mail address, or in a hotel. Kinda like this:

Your computer: Hello? We need some http://3sygma.com/fiveminute/voyager/cathexis.html delivered to 3.47.14-14.1.800.3-15-12-12-5-3-20.

Your Internet Provider's server: [iost_uid0]Again?[/iost_uid0] That's like the fourth time in the past week!

Your computer: Hey, don't blame me. I just work here.

Your IP's server: Okay, fine. *gets the data together and sends it over the connection marked "To 3.47.14-14.1.800.3-15-12-12-5-3-20"*

And that's it. I think.[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 07-04-2003, 09:31 PM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Actually, first:

Your computer: Who is http://3sygma.com/fiveminute/voyager/cathexis.html?

Your server's computer: We call them ... (their IP address)

And so on.

Or so my brother says. I don't know squat about it. [/colorost_uid0]

I'm not the devil, I just work for her.

What spoon? There is no spoon. According to Zeke, it's a cat. ~NeoMatrix

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Sa'ar Chasm: Too far south you hit Belgium.
catalina marina: Not in Limburg you don't.
Sa'ar Chasm: You do if you go south in the right way.
Old 07-04-2003, 10:02 PM
Or is it KJHTMMM now?

[quoteost_uid0="NAHTMMM"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Your computer: Hello? We need some http://3sygma.com/fiveminute/voyager/cathexis.html delivered to 3.47.14-14.1.800.3-15-12-12-5-3-20.

Your Internet Provider's server: [iost_uid0]Again?[/iost_uid0] That's like the fourth time in the past week!

Your computer: Hey, don't blame me. I just work here.

Your IP's server: Okay, fine. *gets the data together and sends it over the connection marked "To 3.47.14-14.1.800.3-15-12-12-5-3-20"*[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]*Erupts in fits of giggles*
Thanks I needed that, I just got up after getting not nearly enough sleep.
I Feel kind of sheepish that i didnt know that concitering that im about to go to school for computer programing. :bigsmile:[/colorost_uid0]
Old 07-04-2003, 11:01 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Dave, Its about this guy that they get to pretend to be the president and he falls in love with the first lady, no one ever seem to have heard of it.[/quoteost_uid0]

I've seen it and I think it's brilliant. Hasn't been on the TV over here for a while now though.

I did manage to think of a book that at least made me feel sad - "Flowers for Algernon". If you haven't read it then you're a heathen (as Nan is so fond of saying).[/colorost_uid0]

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 07-04-2003, 11:10 PM
Future's so bright ya gotta wear shades

Send a message via AIM to MmeBlueberry Send a message via Yahoo to MmeBlueberry

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="NAHTMMM"]An Internet Provider (?) address [/quoteost_uid0]
It's Internet Protocol. An ISP is an Internet Service Provider--that's probably where you came up with that word. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 07-05-2003, 05:10 AM
Or is it KJHTMMM now?

[quoteost_uid0="PointyHairedJedi"][color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Dave, Its about this guy that they get to pretend to be the president and he falls in love with the first lady, no one ever seem to have heard of it.[/quoteost_uid0]

I've seen it and I think it's brilliant. Hasn't been on the TV over here for a while now though.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]yeah! i found someone else who has seen it!

Heehee theres a frog in our kitchen[/colorost_uid0]
Old 07-05-2003, 10:36 AM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I saw it too.[/colorost_uid0]

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Old 07-05-2003, 05:26 PM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Alright, I'll give this a go. Forgive the markup.

[bost_uid0]YOUR NAME[/bost_uid0]
The singular boring question: What is your name?
Derek Dean
If you had been born a member of the opposite sex, what would your name have been?
I think my mom told me Rebecca once
Would you name a child of yours after you?
My father's first name is my middle name. I've considered doing something similar for my son, if I have one.
If you had to switch first names with a friend of yours, who would you switch with?
Eric, it'd be the easiest to get used to, I suspect.
What's the way people most often mispronounce any part of your name?
My name doesn't get mispronounced, but I have seen every variant spelling of Derek.
If you were to become famous, would you drop your last name (like Madonna, Cher, Roseanne)?
I'd drop my first name and go by Dean, but everyone will think I dropped my last name. Guess the joke'll be on them.

[bost_uid0]DEEP THEOLOGICAL QUESTIONS[/bost_uid0]
Do you believe in the traditional view of Heaven and Hell?
Doubtful.
Do you think God has a gender?
I agree with my wife that he transcends gender.
Do you think science counteracts religion?
"Counteracts"? That's an interesting word. I was expecting "Contradicts." I'm pretty sure the answer is no.
Do you believe in organized religion?
No, I believe in God.
Where do you think we go when we die?
I believe we "sleep" until the Final Judgment.
Do you feel a little funny thinking about the questions in this category?
Why would I?

[bost_uid0]HUMOR[/bost_uid0]
How easy is it to make you laugh?
Depends on my mood.
What person you know makes you laugh the most?
Two people: Zeke and Amanda.
Do you laugh at jokes you know you shouldn't?
While not entirely sure what type of jokes I know I shouldn't laugh at, I'm pretty sure the answer is yes regardless.
Do you tell jokes you know you shouldn't?
See above
What words instantly make you laugh or at least smile?
Llama is as good an answer as any.
What do you think is the funniest thing you've ever said or written?
I'm not sure if this is funniest thing I've ever said or written, but I think my favorite fiver of the ones I've written is "The Magicks of Megas-Tu".

[bost_uid0]MUSIC[/bost_uid0]
Do you ever dance to music when nobody's watching?
No, but I'll sing along.
What is/are the worst song(s) you have ever heard?
That slow boring song during Disney's [iost_uid0]Robin Hood[/iost_uid0] animated movie.
What song(s) do you wish you could understand a little better?
Any done in a foreign language.
What song(s) are constantly in your head?
Right now, "Eye of the Tiger", but that probably is because it's playing on my mp3 player.
What song(s) do you think describe your personality best?
"Old McDonald"
If you were to serenade the object of your affections, which song(s) would you use?
I usually use made-up songs.
If the object of your affections were to serenade you, what song(s) would you hope he or she used?
I'm flexible.

[bost_uid0]MOVIES[/bost_uid0]
What movie(s) do you love that nobody else seems to?
I loved [iost_uid0]Dark City[/iost_uid0] and [iost_uid0]Mystery Men[/iost_uid0], and while I know people who also like them, neither was largely well accepted.
Do you agree with the idea that sequels are always worse than the original?
Not necessarily, but there does seem to be a rule about the first being good, the second being poor, and the third being somewhere in between.
Who's your favorite Star Wars character?
Don't know that I have one. Chewbacca, maybe?
What kind of movie do you think there should be more of?
Movies about me, darnit.
What movie(s) do you simply not understand the appeal of?
Movies not about me.

[bost_uid0]FOOD[/bost_uid0]
When eating, are you more concerned with taste or healthiness?
Taste.
What's your favorite kind of cheese?
Swiss.
What do you think your answer to the previous question reveals about your personality?
That I'm very holy.
If you knew exactly what went into Chinese food, hamburger meat, etc., would you still eat it?
Very likely
Do you ever feel guilty eating meat?
Ha! I feel guilty if I don't eat enough red meat each week.

[bost_uid0]COMPUTERS[/bost_uid0]
Mac or PC?
Linux, which runs happily on either platform. (I've only ever used PC though.)
How much do you actually care about the inner workings of your computer, as long as it works?
Depends. I like to know how everything interoperates (and seeing as I'm a computer programmer, I do have a pretty good idea of how it does), but I don't necessarily care about [iost_uid0]my[/iost_uid0] computer's internal operations as long as it'll work.
Do you ever begin preferring IMs to other forms of conversation?
I did in college when my team members and I were working on various group projects. IMing allowed us to each be at our own computers yet still collabarate fairly well.
Do you find you're different talking through IMs than face-to-face or on the telephone?
No.
Have you ever ended bid on something on eBay and regretted it later?
I haven't ever done anything on eBay

[bost_uid0]THE BATTLE OF THE SEXES[/bost_uid0]
Yes.
What do you love most about the other gender?
My wife is one of them.
What do you dislike most about the other gender?
They keep asking you to stop whatever you're doing and come kill a bug for them.
What do you understand least about the other gender?
Why they can't kill bugs themselves.

[bost_uid0]CELEBRITIES[/bost_uid0]
Do you sometimes see a movie or watch a show just because a good-looking celebrity is in it?
No
What celebrity's autograph do you want most?
CS Lewis (too bad he's dead).
Have people ever said you looked like a celebrity, and if so, who?
I once had a Spanish teacher who was talking to me in Spanish say that I looked like a young Mel Gibson, but I think she was trying to see if I was following her while she was speaking or not.
If there was to be a movie about you, who do you think should play you (in personality, looks or both)?
Me.
Does it ever annoy you when you know someone is a celebrity but you can't remember why?
No, and that's what imdb.com is for anyway.
If you could enter any celebrity's mind like in "Being John Malkovich", whose would you enter?
None.
Do you want to be John Malkovich?
No, but it might be cool being that Musketeer he played (unless it was Porthos *shudder* is it chili in here?)

[bost_uid0]NUMBERS[/bost_uid0]
Do you laugh when you hear or read the number 69?
Not since high school, and only then because all my friends did.
Were you lying about your answer to the previous question?
What a dumb question.
Do you actually know your Social Security Number?
Yes.
Do you actually know your IP address?
Not off-hand; that's why I have a domain name.
Do you know what an IP address is?
Yes. It is the third layer in the seven-layer model of network communication. It is combined with the fourth layer (which is the style of transmission) when used on the internet. There are two dominant styles of IP: IPv4, which we commonly use now and is of the form xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, and IPv6, which we will probably all move to in the not-so-far-off future and is of a form something like xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx.
Do you know the four-character extension on your ZIP code?
Not really. I think it starts with a 1.
Ever thought there were too many numbers floating around in our lives?
I like numbers
Does your head begin to hurt when you think of infinity, imaginary numbers, irrational numbers, etc.?
No
What do you think of pi?
SQRT(3) is cooler.

[bost_uid0]LOVE, SEX AND ALL THAT[/bost_uid0]
Did you get a little frightened or uncomfortable seeing this as a section title?
No
If someone you had no interest in dating expressed interest in dating you, how would you feel?
This actually happened to me in high school. I went out with her and have regretted it ever since.
Do you prefer getting to know someone first before dating them or going in "blind"?
I have only ever gone into relationships knowing the person, and can't conceive of doing it differently (fortunately, I don't have to worry about that anyway.)
Could you carry on a relationship with someone with the same first name as a family member?
Sure.
Have you ever wished it was more "socially acceptable" for a girl to ask a guy out?
It's okay; it's llamas.
What's your opinion on sex without emotional commitment?
I'm not in favor of it.
Have you ever been romantically attracted to someone physically unattractive?
Yes
Do you think the opposite sex finds you good-looking?
My wife seems to, and that's good enough for me.
Would you be willing to give up sex in exchange for an emotional commitment you knew would last?
I think the latter should become before the former regardless.

[bost_uid0]POSSESSIONS[/bost_uid0]
What is your favorite possession?
I donno.
What physical, tangible possession do you want most?
A widescreen TV with a nice home theatre system.
How badly do you want it?
I want it, but I can be patient.
Have you ever seen 'The Exorcist'?
Yes
How long did it take you to understand why the last question is in this section?
Longer than I'd like to admit.

[bost_uid0]HOLIDAYS[/bost_uid0]
Does Christmas music too far away from Christmas annoy you?
Christian Christmas music is nice at any time as long as it's in a religious context, but the way Christmas stuff goes out in October is somewhat pathetic.
How old do you think you will be before you stop liking getting older?
No time in the foreseeable future.
What was the best Halloween costume you ever had?
My mom once made me "The Headless Horseman" from the story about Sleepy Hollow.
What was the worst Halloween costume you ever had?
Don't recall.
What holiday do you think has still managed to retain its original meaning?
I typically treat holidays that have Christian significance with their significance.
There are currently no federal holidays during August -- what should be put there?
Don't care.

[bost_uid0]MEMORIES[/bost_uid0]
How good is your short-term memory?
Sorry, what was the question?
How good is your long-term memory?
It's like one of those big gray things.
What is your earliest memory?
Flying in the Dumbo flying ride at Disney World when I was 3 or so.
What is your happiest memory?
Probably getting married.
What is your strangest memory?
Some of my dreams seem very real and register as memories. Those are normally pretty weird.
What song, movie, etc. do you wish you could memorize?
Right now? None.

[bost_uid0]TEARS[/bost_uid0]
What movie makes/made you cry?
No movie has yet made me cry, though there are probably some that have made my eyes wet.
What book makes/made you cry?
Can't think of any.
What song makes/made you cry?
Can't think of any.
What makes/made you laugh so hard you cried?
[quoteost_uid0][bost_uid0]Tucker:[/bost_uid0] Look, Polly...I owe you an apology.
[bost_uid0]T'Pol:[/bost_uid0] For trying to kill me back on that planet?
[bost_uid0]Tucker:[/bost_uid0] Nope.
[bost_uid0]T'Pol:[/bost_uid0] For putting the dog at my duty station and calling him T'Porthos?
[bost_uid0]Tucker:[/bost_uid0] Nope.
[bost_uid0]T'Pol:[/bost_uid0] For calling me Polly a minute ago?
[bost_uid0]Tucker:[/bost_uid0] No, and that's three guesses. It's because I read the letter you got.
[bost_uid0]T'Pol:[/bost_uid0] Which one?
[bost_uid0]Tucker:[/bost_uid0] Oh, you know...the one that went "T'Pol, you must return to Vulcan immediately. Your fiancé is developing a crush on Hoshi."[/quoteost_uid0]
which is then followed up by:[quoteost_uid0][bost_uid0]Archer:[/bost_uid0] I dunno...anybody else got a plan?
[bost_uid0]T'Porthos:[/bost_uid0] Ruff!
[bost_uid0]Archer:[/bost_uid0] Now that I like. Thanks, dog-lady.[/quoteost_uid0]
[/colorost_uid0]
Old 07-07-2003, 03:52 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Hey, why does this thread look familiar.... oh my gosh I just did this questionnaire a few days ago! My goodness! What a coincidence! This must be some kind of divine sign---

Oh. PHJ snurched it off my blog. Oh well. "There goes my faith in the Almighty."

I'm too lazy to edit and plonk everything here... my answers are here:

[bost_uid0]The Answers to Life, the Universe and... okay well not really.[/bost_uid0]

:walks away whistling: Hey at least now we know each others' real-ish names! [/colorost_uid0]

Old 07-07-2003, 01:54 PM
Surfin' you say?

The singular boring question: What is your name?
Marijke, but I try to get nicknames. At school, some call me Marij, wich is, well, a little better.
If you had been born a member of the opposite sex, what would your name have been?
Geert, I think
Would you name a child of yours after you?
No, I hate my first name
If you had to switch first names with a friend of yours, who would you switch with?
Let me think, maybe Maud.
What's the way people most often mispronounce any part of your name?
Outside the Netherlands, like Mareeke, that would be an [iost_uid0]A[/iost_uid0]-sound. Around here, people rarely mispronounce it.
If you were to become famous, would you drop your last name (like Madonna, Cher, Roseanne)?
No, as I said, I hate my first name. Maybe I'd go by only my last name.

Do you believe in the traditional view of Heaven and Hell?
No.
Do you think God has a gender?
I guess, but I'm not sure about which. Wait a minute, I don't even [iost_uid0]believe[/iost_uid0] in God.
Do you think science counteracts religion?
At some point. Not always though.
Do you believe in organized religion?
Yes.
Where do you think we go when we die?
Somewhere else. Or somewhere the same. I don't know. I just don't believe there's nothing. Basicly, there's only one way to find out.
Do you feel a little funny thinking about the questions in this category?
Not at all. I'm used to the fact that I have to, at school that is.

HUMOR

How easy is it to make you laugh?
Not hard.
What person you know makes you laugh the most?
It used to be my best friend, but now that she's in Japan, I don't know.
Do you laugh at jokes you know you shouldn't?
Sometimes, but I only realize it afterwards.
Do you tell jokes you know you shouldn't?
See above.
What words instantly make you laugh or at least smile?
Soon. That's all I can think of right now.
What do you think is the funniest thing you've ever said or written?
I have no idea. I don't tend to remember them.

MUSIC

Do you ever dance to music when nobody's watching?
Sometimes, but also when people are watching. Only my family, that is, I don't like other people watching.
What is/are the worst song(s) you have ever heard?
The ones a friend of mine sings. He can't sing.
What song(s) do you wish you could understand a little better?
Foreign songs. (Not Dutch and not English)
What song(s) are constantly in your head?
Easin' it up. It's from a local band.
What song(s) do you think describe your personality best?
None.
If you were to serenade the object of your affections, which song(s) would you use?
I wouldn't, it'd only scare him away if I sang to him.
If the object of your affections were to serenade you, what song(s) would you hope he or she used?
I don't care. It's not really about the song. It's about the intention. I think.

MOVIES

What movie(s) do you love that nobody else seems to?
I don't know. Bruce Almighty? Some like it, and some don't. I happen to think it's great.
Do you agree with the idea that sequels are always worse than the original?
No.
Who's your favorite Star Wars character?
Leia.
What kind of movie do you think there should be more of?
Good movies.
What movie(s) do you simply not understand the appeal of?
Movies with way too much action and no plot.

FOOD

When eating, are you more concerned with taste or healthiness?
Taste.
What's your favorite kind of cheese?
I don't like cheese.
What do you think your answer to the previous question reveals about your personality?
*sigh* See above.
If you knew exactly what went into Chinese food, hamburger meat, etc., would you still eat it?
I think so.
Do you ever feel guilty eating meat?
No. Should I?

COMPUTERS

Mac or PC?
PC.
How much do you actually care about the inner workings of your computer, as long as it works?
Not much.
Do you ever begin preferring IMs to other forms of conversation?
Sometimes.
Do you find you're different talking through IMs than face-to-face or on the telephone?
Yes.
Have you ever ended bid on something on eBay and regretted it later?
No. I barely know what eBay is.

THE BATTLE OF THE SEXES

Yes, but I was eight.
What do you love most about the other gender?
For now, I haven't found out yet.
What do you dislike most about the other gender?
They tend to be more violent.
What do you understand least about the other gender?
Why they think we can all be stereotyped into 'afraid of spiders' etc. ... Wait a minute. *Scrolls up* :O

CELEBRITIES

Do you sometimes see a movie or watch a show just because a good-looking celebrity is in it?
Yes, but if I don't like it, I'm gone in no time.
What celebrity's autograph do you want most?
I don't care much for autographs. But if I have to pick one, probably some actor from either Voyager or Enterprise.
Have people ever said you looked like a celebrity, and if so, who?
No.
If there was to be a movie about you, who do you think should play you (in personality, looks or both)?
I don't know.
Does it ever annoy you when you know someone is a celebrity but you can't remember why?
Yes. Very annoying.
If you could enter any celebrity's mind like in "Being John Malkovich", whose would you enter?
I'd have to think about that.
Do you want to be John Malkovich?
No.

NUMBERS

Do you laugh when you hear or read the number 69?
No. I can't say it would be the first thing I'd think of.
Were you lying about your answer to the previous question?
No.
Do you actually know your Social Security Number?
No.
Do you actually know your IP address?
No.
Do you know what an IP address is?
I know it's a number. I can't seem to understand what it does exactly, though.
Do you know the four-character extension on your ZIP code?
I have no idea what it is and how it works. As for PHJ's answer, yes, I know my postcode.
Ever thought there were too many numbers floating around in our lives?
No, I like numbers.
Does your head begin to hurt when you think of infinity, imaginary numbers, irrational numbers, etc.?
I think they're very interesting.
What do you think of pi?
It's a stupid number which I can only get with a calculator. Maybe that's why I don't like circles.

LOVE, SEX AND ALL THAT

Did you get a little frightened or uncomfortable seeing this as a section title?
No.
If someone you had no interest in dating expressed interest in dating you, how would you feel?
I don't know. It hasn't happened yet. Or I haven't noticed.
Do you prefer getting to know someone first before dating them or going in "blind"?
I'd like to know him first. Otherwise it's likely to turn out to be a total disaster.
Could you carry on a relationship with someone with the same first name as a family member?
Yes. I don't see why not.
Have you ever wished it was more "socially acceptable" for a girl to ask a guy out?
Maybe. Personally, I don't see what's wrong with it, but I seem to be to shy at that point anyway.
What's your opinion on sex without emotional commitment?
It shouldn't be.
Have you ever been romantically attracted to someone physically unattractive?
No, but that's total coincidence.
Do you think the opposite sex finds you good-looking?
I don't think I find [iost_uid0]myself[/iost_uid0] goodlooking.
Would you be willing to give up sex in exchange for an emotional commitment you knew would last?
I think so.

POSSESSIONS

What is your favorite possession?
My computer.
What physical, tangible possession do you want most?
My own tv in my room.
How badly do you want it?
Not so badly anymore. I seem to watch tv less than I used to.
Have you ever seen 'The Exorcist'?
No.
How long did it take you to understand why the last question is in this section?
Untill I asked my brother what it's about.

HOLIDAYS

Does Christmas music too far away from Christmas annoy you?
Christmas music in general annoys me.
How old do you think you will be before you stop liking getting older?
I don't know.
What was the best Halloween costume you ever had?
I never had a Halloween costume.
What was the worst Halloween costume you ever had?
See above.
What holiday do you think has still managed to retain its original meaning?
Ehm. Queens day?
There are currently no federal holidays during August -- what should be put there?
I really don't care.

MEMORIES

How good is your short-term memory?
Not good.
How good is your long-term memory?
Worse.
What is your earliest memory?
When I learned to ride a bike. I was three or four.
What is your happiest memory?
Can't think of one right now.
What is your strangest memory?
See above. (Does this prove the second question of this section?)
What song, movie, etc. do you wish you could memorize?
One about four ghosts who have to protect a child. I once saw the start of it, and I would download it now, if only I knew what it was called.

TEARS

What movie makes/made you cry?
There were a lot of them. But only when someone dies. I think.
What book makes/made you cry?
[iost_uid0]Exile[/iost_uid0], from [iost_uid0]The Dark Elf Trilogy[/iost_uid0], by R.A. Salvatore. When that Pech died.
What song makes/made you cry?
Songs don't make me cry, unless maybe whean it creates some effect in a movie.
What makes/made you laugh so hard you cried?
I don't usually cry because I laugh.[/colorost_uid0]