The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Science Fiction
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-27-2007, 03:45 AM
Unabridged
Senior Staff

Send a message via ICQ to ijdgaf Send a message via AIM to ijdgaf Send a message via MSN to ijdgaf
Default A New Battlestar Thread (Spoilerzies)

Major finale spoilers will likely follow in this thread.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Now that season three is over, I think we can make do with a new thread about the show. Seeing how the last thread hasn't seen much action since... yeah?

If I had to do a line chart for the quality of season three, I think it'd look like the Wonder Woman symbol (see the black line i drew on the attached picture). The first few episodes were, IMO, the best the show's been since the miniseries -- if not ever. The last four episodes of the season were also (mostly) stellar. The midseason two-parter was pretty good, but nowhere near the heights of the beginning and end, let alone its season two counterpart (Pegasus, you rocks. Hards.)

Anyway, the season ended on another WTF. On par with last season's. But I'm willing to give the writers the benefit of the doubt on this because of how drastically my pessimism after Lay Down Your Burdens contrasted with the kick-ass-ocity of Occupation through Collaborators. I feel a bit betrayed by the revelation about Tyrol in particular -- essentially the show's most likable, relatable character. The character whose death would most piss me off, and this -- at first -- seems almost as bad. But there's something fundamentally different going on here, as evidenced by multiple ambiguous interviews.

Anyway, there's a long damn wait until the Pegasus (Hooray!) movie this fall, and an even longer wait before the season four premiere in January. The finale was bizarre enough that I can wait at least a little while. But once those teasers start rolling in, I'm sure I'll get excited again. Last year's WTF taught me to trust them on this one. I guess we'll see in 2008.

Oh, and Zeke -- I guess you won our Starbuck discussion. But to be fair, the writers and Katee Sackhoff lied through their frakking teeth about her character's fate. I was mostly expecting something like this to happen. But I wasn't really expecting it to happen this soon (well, until I heard the word "bogey" last night -- that sealed it). Anyway, congrats on your constant vigilence for sci-fi cliches all along the watchtower.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg W.jpg (12.2 KB, 9 views)

...YOU CAN\'T UNREAD IT!

Last edited by ijdgaf; 03-27-2007 at 07:01 PM.