The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Science Fiction

Old 01-22-2005, 04:08 PM
5MAwwwwww

Send a message via AIM to admiral sab Send a message via Yahoo to admiral sab
Default Enterprise - Observer Effect

WOW. Now that was Trek. I absolutely loved this episode. Travis, Malcolm and Hoshi had lines and did well with the lines given. They played a sizable role in the episode which to me made a great hour of Trek. We learned more about Hoshi in this one episode then we have the past 3 seasons! lol I even loved Archer in this episode. As a Trip/T'Poler this episode was rewarding even though they no interaction together as themselves until the end. It was the looks and the reactions that made me sad and happy at the same time. The scene where T'Pol asks Archer to let her know when/if he regains conciousness was very telling. First, Archer has a clue about their relationship and Second, T'Pol even though she isn't a Trell addict or suffering from P'Nar syndrome was able to convey her emotions without being overly emotional. I knew she was feeling regretful and remorseful without her having to say it. The looks spoke volumes. And in the end you could see her relief in sickbay. She was relieved that Trip was alive. So tonight I was a Jolene fan. I cried when Trip died and I really felt for Archer. It's been a long time since I've felt anything for him. But I felt bad for him. There were no guest stars and no big firefights, but it wasn't necessary. It was a good story with a good cast to play it out. Can you tell I loved this episode? I'm gushing!
Old 01-22-2005, 07:06 PM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

Default Re: Enterprise - Observer Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiral sab
WOW. Now that was Trek. I absolutely loved this episode.
I liked the episode a lot too. I'm not sure how it will hold up on repeat viewings now that I know how it's all going to turn out, but it was certainly enjoyable the first time through.

Quote:
Travis, Malcolm and Hoshi had lines and did well with the lines given. They played a sizable role in the episode which to me made a great hour of Trek.
Yeah, I really liked seeing Malcolm and Travis working together. We should see them talking to each other more.

Speaking of the minor characters, Hoshi's underuse almost made it seem like she might stay dead (though I think I would've heard if that were happening as much as I try to stay spoiler-free), which at least created some uncertainty, in spite of the Q-like Organians.

Quote:
There were no guest stars and no big firefights, but it wasn't necessary. It was a good story with a good cast to play it out.
Good call. I really didn't notice that it was a bottle episode until you just now pointed it out, but the cast really did a good job making me believe there were two more characters in the story.

The TOSer in me wonders how consistent these Organians are with "Errand of Mercy" Organians, but whatever.

Best shot in the episode: Hoshi noticing Phlox and T'Pol just standing there watching her and Trip. It had a creepy "Mark of Gideon" sort of feel to it.
Old 01-22-2005, 08:02 PM
Factorial

Send a message via AIM to NeoMatrix Send a message via MSN to NeoMatrix Send a message via Yahoo to NeoMatrix

Great episode, can't wait to see the fiver for it.

T"Pol: Since we are all down here in sickbay, who is on the bridge?
Archer: Porthos.

Travis actually had lines, but fans will still complain because he only had lines because he was possessed.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:47 AM
5MAwwwwww

Send a message via AIM to admiral sab Send a message via Yahoo to admiral sab

Quote:
Speaking of the minor characters, Hoshi's underuse almost made it seem like she might stay dead (though I think I would've heard if that were happening as much as I try to stay spoiler-free), which at least created some uncertainty, in spite of the Q-like Organians.
lol the same thoughts went through my head. I was like "I didn't hear they were letting Linda Park go, but maybe...."