The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Miscellaneous

Old 09-17-2003, 10:04 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]The Vatican?

I'd like to have our "pet" mockingbirds back again. Mockingbirds are so amusing to watch! [/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 09-18-2003, 02:58 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I'll post it when I find it, mudshark

The Vatican has lawyers?
Soverign entity... soverign entity.... I have to admit. This one has me stumped. Which one is it?[/colorost_uid0]
Old 09-18-2003, 03:00 AM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]The Vatican has lawyers?
Soverign entity... soverign entity....[/quoteost_uid0]

Yeah, it's one of the few countries smaller than yours *znerk*

*ducking*[/colorost_uid0]
Old 09-18-2003, 03:20 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I realized. I cannot spell "sovereign", just as Sa'ar seems to be incapable of "snerf"ing properly [/colorost_uid0]
Old 09-18-2003, 03:42 AM
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]*znerk* has a proud tradition of...uhh...*znerking*. I've known znerkers for years.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 09-18-2003, 04:04 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]:hits Sa'ar on the head with her Pink Flower of WAPUSHK!: That's for being a contrarist! [/colorost_uid0]
Old 09-18-2003, 04:10 AM
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Pink Flower of Wha?[/colorost_uid0]
Old 09-18-2003, 04:12 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]WAPUSHK! That's the sound you get when you hit someone on the head with a pink flower.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 09-18-2003, 04:14 AM
Is he ever gonna hit Krazy Kat, or what?

[quoteost_uid0="NAHTMMM"][color=#000000ost_uid0]The Vatican?[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Correct!

Send in the tyrannosaurs![/colorost_uid0]
Old 09-18-2003, 04:15 AM
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Or the silly noise you make when you unleash Pretend Kung Fu Skills of Smackery.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 09-18-2003, 04:29 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]So it's the Vatican? :unleashes her pet T-Rex there:

Sa'ar, I think the sound you're looking for is "WAHOOOOEY!" [/colorost_uid0]
Old 09-18-2003, 04:39 AM
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]So it's the Vatican? :unleashes her pet T-Rex there:[/quoteost_uid0]

Watch out for the Polish *squish!* guy...

[quoteost_uid0]Sa'ar, I think the sound you're looking for is "WAHOOOOEY!" [/quoteost_uid0]

OK, maybe your sound is the silly noise you make when unleashing Wench*-Slapping Skills of Etc.

* - Yes, I *know* what it's supposed to be.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 09-18-2003, 10:06 AM
Last guardian of a fallen... wtf?

Location: Andromatlantis, in the Tri-Pegasus Galaxy. (Wait, what?)

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I think a whole pack or Velociraptors would be better. You could breed them and take over the world, assuming they don't eat you first.

on an unrelated topic, has anyone seen 28 Days Later?[/colorost_uid0]
Old 09-18-2003, 10:56 PM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Yeah. I could say a lot of good things about it, but it's been a while. Nevertheless, it was a great movie.

About the pet, maybe something that flies and can take the extra burden of me on it's back. Oh, and listen to commands. It's no fun if it takes me up there and then let me fall down. That would make it... A big, doglike bird. [/colorost_uid0]

I'm not the devil, I just work for her.

What spoon? There is no spoon. According to Zeke, it's a cat. ~NeoMatrix

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Sa'ar Chasm: Too far south you hit Belgium.
catalina marina: Not in Limburg you don't.
Sa'ar Chasm: You do if you go south in the right way.
Old 09-18-2003, 11:25 PM
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]That would make it... A big, doglike bird.[/quoteost_uid0]

Silverbolt![/colorost_uid0]
Old 09-19-2003, 01:55 AM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][quoteost_uid0]That would make it... A big, doglike bird.[/quoteost_uid0]

Silverbolt![/quoteost_uid0]
So is [iost_uid0]that[/iost_uid0] what that bubble-dog is called? I never could remember...[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 09-23-2003, 10:57 AM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Isn't this supposed to be Question of the [iost_uid0]Day[/iost_uid0], and not of the [iost_uid0]Week[/iost_uid0]?

Allright then, I'll do one.

Q: If you could go on vacation anywhere, and money isn't important, where would you go?

I always wanted to go to the US, if only for a week or so. I'm not exactly sure why. :eyeroll:[/colorost_uid0]

I'm not the devil, I just work for her.

What spoon? There is no spoon. According to Zeke, it's a cat. ~NeoMatrix

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Sa'ar Chasm: Too far south you hit Belgium.
catalina marina: Not in Limburg you don't.
Sa'ar Chasm: You do if you go south in the right way.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:52 PM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]The answer is obvious, of course, and I've already mentioned it in the Group Adaptive Story. My ideal holiday would be on Minbar. As Londo said, "Of course you want to go to Minbar! [iost_uid0]Everybody[/iost_uid0] wants to go to Minbar!"...

What? It has to be a [iost_uid0]real[/iost_uid0] location? But but but... Minbar's a real planet, isn't it?

Oh, buggerit.

Fine, fine, if I had to pick a place to go on [iost_uid0]this[/iost_uid0] planet, right now I would kill for a plane ticket to Pennsylvania. My best friend's schooling there and besides, it's a forty-minute drive away from BC, Canada

Oh but Vallis Marineris isn't a bad holiday spot either, if you don't mind the cold and the lack of breathable atmosphere. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 09-23-2003, 06:44 PM
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Singapoe.

Closely followed by the British Isles.

[quoteost_uid0]Fine, fine, if I had to pick a place to go on this planet, right now I would kill for a plane ticket to Pennsylvania. My best friend's schooling there and besides, it's a forty-minute drive away from BC, Canada[/quoteost_uid0]

Guh? 40 minutes away from BC and you're still in BC. Hell, 40 minutes away from downtown Vancvouer and you're still in downtown Vancouver, if the traffic's bad.

Perhaps you mean 40 hours. It takes 4 hours to drive from Vancouver to Kelowna, and 10 to drive from Kelowna to Edmonton. North America's a big place, and contains mostly empty space.

Edit: 1500 posts![/colorost_uid0]

Old 09-23-2003, 09:56 PM
Transformed Man

Send a message via ICQ to Standback Send a message via MSN to Standback Send a message via Yahoo to Standback

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Italy for me, I think. Seems a good combination of places to go, things to see, nice people, and good food (though keeping kosher is of course problematic anywhere beyond Israel and select parts of LA and NYC... But I'm ignoring that aspect for the moment.)

Also, is this an all-expenses-paid type trip? 'cause one of my ideas for a very cool vacation would be going to NYC or London, and just watching lots and lots and lots of shows and plays. All these things I want to catch up on. All these Broadway shows I'd love to see, but seeing one is a stroke of luck, considering how infrequently my family travels and how much show tickets cost.

As an aside, on my trip to the States this past summer I *did* get to see two Shakespeare plays... which are also rather hard to find here in Israel. One was in the Berkshires, at a marvellous theater called "Shakespeare and Company" (got the script to "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare [abridged]" there - 'tis [iost_uid0]hilarious![/iost_uid0]). The other one was King Lear at the Theatricum Botanicum, near LA... and the next day, I turned on Babylon 5 for about the second time in my life (because cable is evil, and we're lucky enough just to get Trek on public TV)... and saw the guy who'd been playing Edmund the day before (the black doctor-guy, for the record...). Kinda of a, "Whoa... I'm in LA" moment. (Turns out Armin Shimmerman is also a consultant or instructer of some kind at this theater... pretty neat.)

I also came back from my vacation with a box full of tapes... I am currently catching up on all of SG-1, and will now be able to watch ENT's second season. I also taped about 6 hours of B5, for those of you who were livid about me not knowing the black-doctor-guy's name (but man, he made a great Edmund...).[/colorost_uid0]
--It\'s Walky!, David Willis