The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Miscellaneous

Old 03-08-2004, 12:03 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]... Zeke, did you just call me [iost_uid0]TAYA[/iost_uid0]?

::mustnotTHWAPadminmustnotTHWAPadminmustnotTHWAPGN NNNNRRRGGHHHHHH!::[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-08-2004, 01:29 AM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Zeke, did you just call me TAYA?[/quoteost_uid0]

No, he called you Taya three days ago.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-08-2004, 09:28 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]::looks into getting time travel machine::

Edit: geez, I seem to have missed this:

[quoteost_uid0="Nic Corelli"][quoteost_uid0]Dabogda Čekotej zivot hodala unatraske [/quoteost_uid0]

17, how about you explain this to me? [/quoteost_uid0]

Actually, I think I might have screwed up something major by removing "your children" and replacing them it with "Chakotay". Hmm. And I just realized that that line doesn't sound right.

But how else would you say it? What did I miss? What did I get wrong?! Â Oo''[/colorost_uid0]

Old 03-08-2004, 09:43 AM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Zeke, I warned you. [/colorost_uid0]

I'm not the devil, I just work for her.

What spoon? There is no spoon. According to Zeke, it's a cat. ~NeoMatrix

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Sa'ar Chasm: Too far south you hit Belgium.
catalina marina: Not in Limburg you don't.
Sa'ar Chasm: You do if you go south in the right way.
Old 03-08-2004, 11:03 AM
Is he ever gonna hit Krazy Kat, or what?

[color=#000000ost_uid0]... and the recriminations abound ... [/colorost_uid0]

'Yes, but I think some people should be offended.'
-- John Cleese (on whether he thought some might be offended by Monty Python)
Old 03-08-2004, 11:11 AM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

[quoteost_uid0="Nic Corelli"][color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Dabogda Čekotej zivot hodala unatraske [/quoteost_uid0]

17, how about you explain this to me? [/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Why, doesn't it make any sense? :lol:[/colorost_uid0]

I'm not the devil, I just work for her.

What spoon? There is no spoon. According to Zeke, it's a cat. ~NeoMatrix

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Sa'ar Chasm: Too far south you hit Belgium.
catalina marina: Not in Limburg you don't.
Sa'ar Chasm: You do if you go south in the right way.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:31 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Well, apparently not, or he wouldn't be asking, right?[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-10-2004, 02:35 AM
Wigging out

Send a message via ICQ to Nic Corelli

[quoteost_uid0="taya17"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Actually, I think I might have screwed up something major by removing "your children" and replacing them it with "Chakotay". Hmm. And I just realized that that line doesn't sound right.

But how else would you say it? What did I miss? What did I get wrong?! Â Oo''[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]I presume you wanted to say "May Chakotay walked backwards for the rest of his life while buying rear view mirrors." Why you wanted to say it, I do not know and I dare not ask,

The correct version would be: "Dabogda Chakotay cijeli život hodao unatraške i kupovao retrovizore."

And why do you get angry when people call you Taya? [/colorost_uid0]

~A Game of Thrones, book one of Song of Ice and Fire
Old 03-10-2004, 02:37 AM
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]And why do you get angry when people call you Taya?[/quoteost_uid0]

Because, despite evidence to the contrary, it's not her name.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-10-2004, 03:28 PM
Primal

[color=#F52887ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Nic Corelli"]The correct version would be: "Dabogda Chakotay cijeli život hodao unatraške i kupovao retrovizore." [/quoteost_uid0]
Ooh I get it. I thought "cijeli" was linked to "all your children", which is why I dropped it. And guhhh-- another bunch of verb modifiers! Is -ao for third person in the whatitscalled--present? present continuous?--tense, then?

And ARGH. DIACRITICS. Which basically means I've been pronouncing the phrase wrongly all the time! ::thwaphead::

::goes to fix sig::

[Yes, Taya is not, not not not not NOT, my name, not now or ever! Anyone who calls me by that name shall be rewarded with a hard and fast meeting with a slice of lemon wrapped around my five mile long space station. That will be all.]\

Edit: Okay, this is going to sound stupid, but Sa'ar? I just figured out what the Latin line in your sig means. WOLS, I know. But hey! I don't speak Latin, and I figured it out all on my own! Too bad you're not an FS fan, it'd be way funnier. (That line happens to be one of my Immortal FS Lines, which always kind of makes me crack up...)

Edit, part 2: WTF$#%$@#@! Looks like the font color change finally kicked in! YOWZA![/colorost_uid0]

Old 03-10-2004, 04:25 PM
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]I just figured out what the Latin line in your sig means.[/quoteost_uid0]

I stole it from a Fark Photoshop. I, too, figured it out all by myself. You can tell it's real Latin and not something I made up, 'cause Zeke was able to understand it as well.

Latin is almost as cool as mock-Latin (ie, Fabricati Diem, Pvnc).[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-10-2004, 09:39 PM
Wigging out

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Congratulations to Zeke. Points and cupcake will be forthcoming soon.)
[/quoteost_uid0]

Well, will he [iost_uid0]ever[/iost_uid0] receive his points and cupcake? [/colorost_uid0]

Old 03-10-2004, 10:21 PM
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Well, will he ever receive his points and cupcake?[/quoteost_uid0]

Once he promises to stop beating me in pool.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-11-2004, 04:55 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"]Once he promises to stop beating me in pool.[/quoteost_uid0]

Call me blind, but I read that as "Once he promises to stop beating me [iost_uid0]in the pool[/iost_uid0]" and was wondering what the [iost_uid0]hell[/iost_uid0] the two of you were up to in Ottawa.

Edit: And Nic... "Uskoro". [/colorost_uid0]

Old 03-11-2004, 02:15 PM
Staff

[color=#000000:post_uid0][quote:post_uid0]Call me blind, but I read that as "Once he promises to stop beating me [i:post_uid0]in the pool[/i:post_uid0]" and was wondering what the hell the two of you were up to in Ottawa.[/quote:post_uid0]

Defeating me *at* pool. How's that?

Be very careful how how you read things. It can be embarassing if you don't.[/color:post_uid0]
Old 03-14-2004, 01:06 AM
Wigging out

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Wait a minute! I got it!

[quoteost_uid0]Congratulations to Zeke. Â Points and cupcake will be forthcoming [bost_uid0][iost_uid0]soon[/iost_uid0][/bost_uid0].) [/quoteost_uid0]

How devious, [/colorost_uid0]

Old 03-14-2004, 03:35 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[quoteost_uid0="taya17"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Call me blind, but I read that as "Once he promises to stop beating me [iost_uid0]in the pool[/iost_uid0]" and was wondering what the [iost_uid0]hell[/iost_uid0] the two of you were up to in Ottawa.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]That's because you see the whole world through pervy Minbari-fancier glasses. As much as you might like there to be, there is absolutely no slash subtext at all when Sa'ar and I play pool. Only ball-knocking and scratching.

Wait.[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 03-14-2004, 03:47 AM
Wigging out

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I fail to understand why the line "stop beating me in (the) pool" got you so confused, 17.

If I had read it the way you did, my first guess would have been that they were playing water pollo. [/colorost_uid0]

Old 03-15-2004, 04:36 PM
Primal

[quoteost_uid0="Zeke"][color=#000000ost_uid0]That's because you see the whole world through pervy Minbari-fancier glasses. Â As much as you might like there to be, there is absolutely no slash subtext at all when Sa'ar and I play pool. Â Only ball-knocking and scratching.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]OYYYYYYY.

Guys, stop ganging up on me, or someone's going to pay for it with a THWAP to the head soon.

And I KNOW Sa'ar doesn't play water polo! Not the sport kind, anyhow.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-15-2004, 04:40 PM
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]And I KNOW Sa'ar doesn't play water polo![/quoteost_uid0]

It's too hard to find scuba equipment that fits the horse.[/colorost_uid0]