The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Miscellaneous

Old 03-14-2003, 02:50 AM
Calvinist

Send a message via AIM to Opium Send a message via MSN to Opium Send a message via Yahoo to Opium

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Hi, I'm and I am a Canadian. And I'm new here...okay, so I posted a few times already. But yah, ...actually I got this site from Nan-the FMSG person- last year at a film fest...well, on the ferry from the film fest.
I watch BTVS and Star Trek rather often...and I love parodies...so I love these sites [/colorost_uid0]
Please vote Morphine! (Thanks, Zeke!)
Needing more sleep since before 2003
Old 03-14-2003, 03:08 AM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]:waves: Hiya! Another Canadian, eh? Maybe that'll save you from Zeke--he was getting rather violent with Captain Galactic, you know. [imgost_uid0]http://3sygma.com/fiveminute/forums/html/non-cgi/emoticons/eek5.gif[/imgost_uid0]

(Edit) Actually, just forget that and [bost_uid0]run[/bost_uid0]. Zeke tends to go ballistic when he sees triple !'s. :O[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 03-14-2003, 03:10 AM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[quoteost_uid0="NAHTMMM"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Maybe that'll save you from Zeke[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Then again, calling 5MSG FMSG might put you back at his mercy.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-14-2003, 04:39 AM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Another Canadian behind the Rockies, no less. Maybe now Zeke will remember we're here (No, I'm not bitter :P).

That's going to turn into a little silly face. Curses.

Edit: It didn't! Spiffiness.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-14-2003, 04:47 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]FMSG[/quoteost_uid0]
And the funny part is that I hadn't even noticed that till you called it to my attention.

Seriously, welcome to the forum, Opium. Always good to see new people. I'm not actually going to kill Galactic either, I'm just amusing myself.[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 03-14-2003, 04:50 AM
Hello, John

Send a message via Yahoo to FatMatDuhRat

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Did you ever see [bost_uid0]Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas?[/bost_uid0]
There's a part in it where Benicio Del Toro says,
"You know what we need? We need some [iost_uid0][bost_uid0]opium![/bost_uid0][/iost_uid0]"

Hello and welcome.[/colorost_uid0]
Do you think neural clones go to heaven? --John Crichton, Incubator (EP#3-11)
Old 03-14-2003, 07:43 AM
Gatekeeper
Exosite Head

Send a message via ICQ to Nan Send a message via Yahoo to Nan

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Opium"]But yah, ...actually I got this site from Nan-the FMSG person- last year at a film fest...well, on the ferry from the film fest.[/quoteost_uid0]
First: it's 5MSG, FOO!

Second: Holy crap! Who are you? I have forgotten much of that time.

Nan, still charged from playing DOA[/colorost_uid0]

Old 03-14-2003, 08:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to Things Are Good

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Hi.

That is all.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-14-2003, 09:02 AM
Calvinist

Send a message via AIM to Opium Send a message via MSN to Opium Send a message via Yahoo to Opium

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Opps!!! Okay, 5MV/5MDSN/5MBTVS/5MST/F5MSG IT IS!!!

OMG!!! I AM West of the Rockies!!!
OMG!!! Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas WAS were I got this name from!!!!
(and now I will never use !!! again!!!)

I met Nan at the Eyelens thing...with, um, Luke? Duke?Zack? and some other guy. Everyone was overtired on the ferry after a night of...um, I think there was dancing and card tricks...and there was a bunch of us talking about Star Trek and story arcs and BTVS and such...but all I remember was a heated debate over whether Janeway or Dax was a better feminist symbol 8| and you telling about soem great parody sites. anyways, dont want to give anything more away about everyone's secret identies [/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-14-2003, 12:22 PM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Welcome, welcome!

Tell me when it's safe to come out, ok?

(Transmitted from Captain Galactic's secret anti-Zeke starbase, high in orbit above Nicaragua.)[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-14-2003, 01:15 PM
Insert canine joke here

Send a message via AIM to Celeste Send a message via MSN to Celeste Send a message via Yahoo to Celeste

[quoteost_uid0="Zeke"][color=#000000ost_uid0]I'm not actually going to kill Galactic either, I'm just amusing myself.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Aww, comeon! I wanted bloodshed.[/colorost_uid0]

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Floss Naked!
Old 03-14-2003, 11:31 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

[color=#000000ost_uid0]You should start playing Redshirt Dominoes - it's blood-splattering good fun.[/colorost_uid0]
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 03-15-2003, 12:57 AM
Gatekeeper
Exosite Head

Send a message via ICQ to Nan Send a message via Yahoo to Nan

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Opium"]I met Nan at the Eyelens thing...with, um, Luke? Duke?Zack? and some other guy. Everyone was overtired on the ferry after a night of...um, I think there was dancing and card tricks...[/quoteost_uid0]
Yeah, my cousin Luke. He won for best screenplay. Oh that other guy was probably my friend Phil.

There was dancing, yes. Hehe. Techno music and splinters. Oh yeah: never sleep, sit on or touch the green couch again. I have a friend who broke that "no fraternizing" rule.... on it.

Spicy, may you burn in hell.

[quoteost_uid0]and there was a bunch of us talking about Star Trek and story arcs and BTVS and such...but all I remember was a heated debate over whether Janeway or Dax was a better feminist symbol 8| and you telling about soem great parody sites. anyways, dont want to give anything more away about everyone's secret identies [/quoteost_uid0]

Damn, I was so tired I have bugger all recollection of that period. M or F? First name? Do you recall the blonde jokes made?

~Nan, who does not recall the feminist thing. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-15-2003, 02:55 AM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Yeesh. Kind of like the H*R Decemberween Pagent. "Nan & Opium find out they have a secret past." (Wait...)

I'm still hiding from Zeke in my Nicaraguan Starbase.
Call me when he doesn't wanna kill me. And Zeke, don't try to lure me out with "I don't hate you", because the next post from you will be "::The Hammer of Smighting goes THWACK on CG's head::".[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-15-2003, 03:42 AM
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]"::The Hammer of Smighting goes THWACK on CG's head::".[/quoteost_uid0]

And then we force you to star in Captain Galactic and the Star Dust Cowboy.

(OK, anybody get that one?)

"From the edge of the Rim to your town."[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-15-2003, 04:57 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[quoteost_uid0="Captain Galactic"][color=#000000ost_uid0]And Zeke, don't try to lure me out with "I don't hate you", because the next post from you will be "::The Hammer of Smighting goes THWACK on CG's head::".[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]You're almost right. I'll spell it correctly.

(Seriously, I don't hate you. But you [iost_uid0]did[/iost_uid0] start it, so it's not as though you can complain.)[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 03-15-2003, 12:39 PM
Calvinist

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I'm female, about 5'4, reddish hair...I guess if I had to describe myself...a cross between Tara on "Buffy" (sounds dirty, but isnt) and Lindsay Dole Donnell (Dylan Mcdermott's TV wife) on The Practice. Oh and I might have had dark-rimmed glasses. Or not. I dont remember...but everyone on the ferry was pretty cool...or maybe that's sleepy talking

OMG, I just realized how wierd this may seem to you...but really, you told me how funny the stuff was, and the address, and the sites have really funny stuff in them, so Ide thought Ide post and join in the sillery my best friend loves the Buffy stuff, too.

How can you not remember The Debate of 2002? Janeway vs Dax-The Showdown In The Ferry Ship's Uncomfortable Seats!

And what's all this hate? I though this place was for the love of Scy Fi, but....The Hammer of Smighting sounds scary. Or funny...I'm not sure which.

4 am may a is song good, but for bad time a posting sense things that make. 8|[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-15-2003, 05:23 PM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]INdeed it isss ::head goes thunk on the keyboard:: sssssstyyhyftrfyhtgt5656566

:zzz:

(Heh, and here I figured I'd never get a chance to use that smiley...)[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 03-15-2003, 08:21 PM
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Janeway vs Dax-The Showdown In The Ferry Ship's Uncomfortable Seats!
[/quoteost_uid0]

They aren't that uncomfortable. I recall sitting in them last summer with three lovely Brasilian lasses.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-15-2003, 08:28 PM

[quoteost_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Janeway vs Dax-The Showdown In The Ferry Ship's Uncomfortable Seats!
[/quoteost_uid0]

They aren't that uncomfortable. I recall sitting in them last summer with three lovely Brasilian lasses.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]So in this case, the "sitting with a pretty girl" part of the relativity equation outweighs the "hot stove" part of the equation, possibly because it outnumbers the latter part, three to one.[/colorost_uid0]

Yup