The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > 5MV Talk

Old 07-02-2006, 01:39 AM
Outnumbered

Send a message via MSN to e of pi
Default Leslie Abuse

It may come as a shock to some that there is a little-known character in the Original Seires, one that has made appearences in 58 episodes, yet never had an official first name. However, it is the truth. And even at this molment, this person has never had lines in any fivers, despite having sat in the command chair on at least two occasions. He was one of the twenty left on the ship when Kirk put everybody else off to test the M-5. And yet, to this day, he has had no lines in a fiver.

This man is Lt. Ryan Connors Leslie, King of Redshirts.

Despite performing the ultimate sacrifice and coming close on several occasions, he continued to serve honorably, if not spectacularly, until the middle of the third season. He came back from death for the ship, and yet he has recieved no lines? Is this fair? Is this right?

For this reason, I feel that Lt. Leslie should recieve, at the least, lines in 1 (one) TOS fiver, and any combination of 3 (three) mentions and lines in any other Trek series. Is this truly too much to ask? No. If anything, it is too little. Thus, I beg of you, as morally concious Forum-goers, to join me in asking that the King of Redshirts recieve his just rewards.

For those interested in finding out more about Ryan Connors Leslie, his entry in Memory Alpha can be found here, and a site chronicling his appearences here.

e of pi: I know you have too much free time.
Ddoof: HEY!
e of pi: Well, so does anyone who posts on 5M.net. It comes from the extra 55 minutes.

We are the BSG. Your resources and injokes wil be added to our own, depleting your fanbase. Resistance is futile. So say we all.
Member of the Persons Who Believe that Ryan Connors Leslie Should Have Lines in Other Series Since He's Hardly In TOS Fivers

Last edited by e of pi; 07-02-2006 at 01:43 AM.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:59 AM
Is he ever gonna hit Krazy Kat, or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by e of pi
... and a site chronicling his appearences here.
Heh, I like that site, especially the page for "Obsession", in which Leslie dies, then is seen walking the corridors later in the ep. :lol:

'Yes, but I think some people should be offended.'
-- John Cleese (on whether he thought some might be offended by Monty Python)
Old 07-02-2006, 03:09 AM
Outnumbered

Yeah. For while, I had a screensaver made up of the various images from that site. Also, I mentioned that incident in the tirade, er, speech thingie.

e of pi: Well, so does anyone who posts on 5M.net. It comes from the extra 55 minutes.

We are the BSG. Your resources and injokes wil be added to our own, depleting your fanbase. Resistance is futile. So say we all.
Member of the Persons Who Believe that Ryan Connors Leslie Should Have Lines in Other Series Since He's Hardly In TOS Fivers
Old 07-08-2006, 04:16 AM
Doctoral candidate
Staff

Send a message via AIM to Scooter

I loved this site dedicated to Mr. Leslie -- he of the classic stone-faced stare (it's so perfect that he's the one who just stared at Kirk while he babbled incoherently in "And the Children Shall Lead"). I got to pass it on to a fellow TOS fan, whose last name is also Leslie. Now he can track his future descendant that much more carefully.

Just goes to show that anything you show on a TV SF show, if it's once or more than once, some fan is going to obsess on it, and even money he'll put up a website about it.

Is there a site out there profiling all the second-line medical personnel -- M'Benga, Selar, Ogawa, and so on? That would be fun. I bet there's fanfic about Selar -- she seemed very together (much like her Klingon alter ego). Bet there's even Beverly/Selar slash...
Old 07-08-2006, 04:48 AM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

Quote:
Bet there's even Beverly/Selar slash...
You are not going to make me Google that, you are not going to make me Google that, you are *not* going to make me Google that...

It's just a load of B/S.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:19 AM
Outnumbered

That was low Sa'ar. Low, but funny.