The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > News

Old 03-20-2003, 05:10 AM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Two new fivers today: Five-Minute "The Emissary" by Marc Richard and Five-Minute [iost_uid0]Elite Force[/iost_uid0] by Kosst Amojan.

In other news -- some of you may have noticed the disappearance of Jim's Deltablues site a few months ago. He's now relocated right here at 3Sgyma; you can get there at http://3sygma.com/deltablues. Also, Christian of TrekToday fame has started up a new website for the t.v. show [iost_uid0]CSI: Crime Scene Investigation[/iost_uid0] and he requested a plug. As a rabid fan of the show, I'm more than happy to oblige, so do drop by CSI Files if you watch the show... and if you don't, start now.[/colorost_uid0]

Old 03-20-2003, 06:04 AM
Gatekeeper
Exosite Head

Send a message via ICQ to Nan Send a message via Yahoo to Nan

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Is Jim going to get a Delta Blues folder in the forum?

~Nan[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-20-2003, 06:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to MPQ

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Found a typo...
[quoteost_uid0]Munro: Wait, I'm still trying to [bost_uid0]fingure[/bost_uid0] out how to use my communicator....
[/quoteost_uid0]

On another note...

[quoteost_uid0]Tuvok: Your suckitude surpasses that of the others.
Munro: I like you too.
[/quoteost_uid0]

I once played this game for 8 hours straight. I thought there should be a fiver for this game. I'm glad someone was thinking the same thing. The whole thing (the fiver, I mean) was hilarious.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-20-2003, 07:42 AM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]K'Ehleyr: There's the T'Ong! Quick, shoot them before they attack us with their weapons of mass destruction!
Picard: That would be premature. As a Frenchman, I am determined to find a peaceful diplomatic solution to this crisis.
K'Ehleyr: Would you fire if I told you that T'Ong is the Klingon word for "axis of evil"?
Picard: No, you'll have to give me a better reason than that. [/quoteost_uid0]

Politically, the timing was impeccable. Or rotten. I haven't decided.

Technically, the only weapon of mass destruction is antimatter. Everything else is mass rearrangement.

/gallows humour[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-20-2003, 08:11 AM
...and not cowardly

[color=#000000ost_uid0]The Elite Force fiver is the greatest fiver I've ever read in my entire extremely long life. I think we should all praise this "Kosst Amojan" (who I am definitely not and have never heard of before) and send him presents like money and candy. Also, we should elect him emperor. Of the universe.

On a side note, I am definitely not Kosst Amojan. Watch me use various emoticons to prove I am not him.

:swear:
:zzz: :zzz: :zzz:
:dead:

See? I obviously cannot be Kosst Amojan, though aside from knowing that I am not him, I no nothing about him, since I have never met him. Yes, that'll do.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-20-2003, 01:36 PM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Nice fivers. Never played Elite Force, but the fiver was great. And Marc, I particularly liked Federation Express.

(By the way, Marc's fiver isn't listed from the "All Episodes" page....)[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-20-2003, 01:52 PM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Nan"]Is Jim going to get a Delta Blues folder in the forum?[/quoteost_uid0]
Hm, good question....

[quoteost_uid0="MPQ"]Found a typo...[/quoteost_uid0]
::: points finger at Zeke :::

[quoteost_uid0="Derek"]By the way, Marc's fiver isn't listed from the "All Episodes" page....[/quoteost_uid0]
Well, it is now. (I could've [iost_uid0]sworn[/iost_uid0] I uploaded that thing....)[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-20-2003, 04:59 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Crewman #670: Not that kind of crabs! GAK!
Evil Big Crab of Evil: Booga booga![/quoteost_uid0]

:lol: That cracked me up!

Both fivers were absolutely hilarious. :bigsmile:

Not Kosst Amojan, you've definitely convinced me that you are not, in fact, Kosst Amojan. I mean, look at your alias! "Not Kosst Amojan". Works for me.[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 03-20-2003, 04:59 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Well, I went to fix the typo, but it looks like somebody already has. Ah well.

As for Jim getting a DB forum, he's already had one for hmm let's see [iost_uid0]five years[/iost_uid0] and that community is happy where it is. A forum here would just cheapen it. It doesn't surprise me to hear the question asked -- what does surprise me, however, is who's asking. [/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 03-20-2003, 07:46 PM
Hello, John

Send a message via Yahoo to FatMatDuhRat

[color=#000000ost_uid0]The 5ER for [bost_uid0]Elite Force[/bost_uid0] was great, esp. the part where
there's "!?" at the end of two of the sentences.
:O
I've never played that game but I've read the comic
book of it several times. The depiction of Tuvok was
excellent, and the joke about the "expansion pack" at
the ending was great too.
:smile:[/colorost_uid0]
Do you think neural clones go to heaven? --John Crichton, Incubator (EP#3-11)
Old 03-20-2003, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[quoteost_uid0="FatMat426"][color=#000000ost_uid0]The 5ER for [bost_uid0]Elite Force[/bost_uid0] was great, esp. the part where
there's "!?" at the end of two of the sentences.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]There [bost_uid0][iost_uid0][uost_uid0]WHAT?[/uost_uid0][/iost_uid0][/bost_uid0][/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
Old 03-20-2003, 09:39 PM
Is he ever gonna hit Krazy Kat, or what?

[quoteost_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]K'Ehleyr: There's the T'Ong! Quick, shoot them before they attack us with their weapons of mass destruction!
Picard: That would be premature. As a Frenchman, I am determined to find a peaceful diplomatic solution to this crisis.
K'Ehleyr: Would you fire if I told you that T'Ong is the Klingon word for "axis of evil"?
Picard: No, you'll have to give me a better reason than that. [/quoteost_uid0]

Politically, the timing was impeccable. Or rotten. I haven't decided.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]I recall somebody (or a couple of somebodies) recently discussing writing an entire fiver to set up a single joke. Not saying that's necessarily the case here.

[quoteost_uid0][bost_uid0]Munro:[/bost_uid0] Be vewy, vewy quiet. We're hunting for Kwingons.[/quoteost_uid0]
*snicker*
Good to see I'm not the only one who does that voice.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-20-2003, 10:19 PM
Seeing what's out there
Former Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]>> writing an entire fiver to set up a single joke. Not saying that's necessarily the case here. <<

Indeed it isn't. When I picked that episode to work on last weekend, I hadn't made any connection between it and current events. It was only when I watched my tape of the show that I remembered that K'Ehleyr spends half the show arguing that Picard should destroy the Klingon ship on sight rather than trying to talk to its crew...and that Picard spends the whole show asking for other options.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-21-2003, 02:51 AM
Gatekeeper
Exosite Head

[quoteost_uid0="Zeke"][color=#000000ost_uid0]As for Jim getting a DB forum, he's already had one for hmm let's see [iost_uid0]five years[/iost_uid0] and that community is happy where it is. A forum here would just cheapen it. It doesn't surprise me to hear the question asked -- what does surprise me, however, is who's asking. [/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]I was curious. You know, a forum to talk about his REVIEWS, or something. *wink nudge*

Nan, who'd proudly wear DC colours if there were any. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-21-2003, 04:52 AM
Administrator

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Wait, he does reviews too?[/colorost_uid0]

Old 03-21-2003, 08:05 AM
Gatekeeper
Exosite Head

[quoteost_uid0="Zeke"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Wait, he does reviews too?[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]*snarf*

*chortles*

Nan[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-21-2003, 01:56 PM
Factorial

Send a message via AIM to NeoMatrix Send a message via MSN to NeoMatrix Send a message via Yahoo to NeoMatrix

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I must suck cause I cant get by the final boss dude. I shoot him lots, yet nothing. What weapon should I be using?[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-21-2003, 02:57 PM
Hello, John

Send a message via Yahoo to FatMatDuhRat

[color=#000000ost_uid0][bost_uid0]NeoMatrix:[/bost_uid0] What weapon should I be using?

Ask [bost_uid0]Zeke[/bost_uid0] if you can borrow that [bost_uid0][uost_uid0]Hammer[/uost_uid0][/bost_uid0] he's always
threatening us with.
[/colorost_uid0]
Do you think neural clones go to heaven? --John Crichton, Incubator (EP#3-11)
Old 03-21-2003, 04:27 PM
Factorial

Send a message via AIM to NeoMatrix Send a message via MSN to NeoMatrix Send a message via Yahoo to NeoMatrix

[quoteost_uid0="FatMat426"][color=#000000ost_uid0][bost_uid0]NeoMatrix:[/bost_uid0] What weapon should I be using?

Ask [bost_uid0]Zeke[/bost_uid0] if you can borrow that [bost_uid0][uost_uid0]Hammer[/uost_uid0][/bost_uid0] he's always
threatening us with.
[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Or I can torture the alien by saying "Soon" lol[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-21-2003, 06:14 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="NeoMatrix"]I must suck cause I cant get by the final boss dude. I shoot him lots, yet nothing. What weapon should I be using?[/quoteost_uid0]
SCUD's are always good. Even the name sounds mega-destructatory.

[iost_uid0]"Destructatory"[/iost_uid0]? Whuh...? :S[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs