The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2010, 05:10 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default July 17: Mega Man 8 (XAW, Day 8)

For Day 8, it's the return of one of my favourite subsites! Five-Minute Mega Man hasn't seen activity since Cliffhanger Week, and in that time, something happened to the Mega Man series that nobody saw coming -- it went back to 8-bit. Mega Man 9 and 10 were made in the classic NES style by Inticreates (the guys behind the Mega Man Zero and ZX series). I always said Capcom would make those games someday, but I wasn't expecting retro. Nonetheless, they're lots of fun... and the latest one just happens to fit our theme perfectly.

So here's Five-Minute Mega Man 8. ...What? I'm not gonna do them out of order!

(Side note: I've had this fiver half done for quite a while, and it seems I must have worked on it sometime after watching Grenadier. The subtitle explains Grenade Man's line, and one of the author's obvious influences explains Mega Man's reply. Check the show out sometime; at 12 episodes, it's a good couple of afternoons' viewing.)

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction

Tags
mega man, see you in my dreams, xaw