Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-12-2003, 04:34 AM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]A pity indeeeeeeeeed. [/quoteost_uid0]

I can be in Duncan in about 8 hours.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-12-2003, 04:39 AM
Specifically, an altamato

Send a message via AIM to Saxamaphone Send a message via MSN to Saxamaphone Send a message via Yahoo to Saxamaphone

[quoteost_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Pity that part of RHPS didn't get taped.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]I'm sure it's on the DVD with the alternate ending, where the Vulcans land.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-13-2003, 01:46 AM
Gatekeeper
Exosite Head

Send a message via ICQ to Nan Send a message via Yahoo to Nan

[quoteost_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][color=#000000ost_uid0]I can be in Duncan in about 8 hours.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]*snigger*

Now that would be an entertaining birthday present.

Shame I won't be on the mainland until next weekend. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-13-2003, 01:55 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Things Are Good"]There are a lot of homeless people near me who sing "Street Spirit", though I doubt we're talking about the same song.[/quoteost_uid0]
Would be appropriate, though.

You know, someone really has got to explain that RHPS thing to me. : looks lost :[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-13-2003, 02:00 AM
Gatekeeper
Exosite Head

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Rocky
Horror
Picture
Show

I think.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-13-2003, 05:07 AM
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Now that would be an entertaining birthday present. [/quoteost_uid0]

I could jump out of the cake and everything.

[quoteost_uid0]Shame I won't be on the mainland until next weekend. [/quoteost_uid0]

Note to self...

Yes, RHPS is the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I was in a (horrible) version of it in first year university. I played Ralph (the dork who gets married at the very beginning - no drag), a Transvestite (tuxedo-like outfit and high heels) and Dr. Scott (wheelchair, labcoat, wig, fake moustache, bad German accent, fishnet stocking and high heels at the very end of the play). My triumphant entry amid loud cheers was not caught on film, and neither was the floor show where I'm waving my stocking-clad legs around.

Stupid battery.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-13-2003, 07:22 AM
Primal

[quoteost_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Yes, RHPS is the Rocky Horror Picture Show. I was in a (horrible) version of it in first year university. I played Ralph (the dork who gets married at the very beginning - no drag), a Transvestite (tuxedo-like outfit and high heels) and Dr. Scott (wheelchair, labcoat, wig, fake moustache, bad German accent, fishnet stocking and high heels at the very end of the play). My triumphant entry amid loud cheers was not caught on film, and neither was the floor show where I'm waving my stocking-clad legs around.

Stupid battery.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Maybe it was a GOOD thing, that....such tapes are the stuff of emotional blackmail.

[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-14-2003, 12:25 AM
Gatekeeper
Exosite Head

[quoteost_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][color=#000000ost_uid0]I could jump out of the cake and everything.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]*mad giggling*[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-14-2003, 12:58 AM
Calvinist

Send a message via AIM to Opium Send a message via MSN to Opium Send a message via Yahoo to Opium

[color=#000000ost_uid0]A, yes, RHPS...I could have been in it or done crew for it for a little production here, but I didnt. It was too near a Christmas panto. And pantomines beat no-pant-o-mine anytime!

(oh gosh, that was baaaaaaaad)[/colorost_uid0]
Please vote Morphine! (Thanks, Zeke!)
Needing more sleep since before 2003
Old 05-14-2003, 01:49 AM
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I played in the pit band for a Christmas panto one year. Somebody kicked a bucket in the pit. I stood up and put it on my head.

The next year I was a followspot operator, and managed to get laughs for my zany follow spot antics.

I miss theatre.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-14-2003, 02:06 AM
Calvinist

Send a message via AIM to Opium Send a message via MSN to Opium Send a message via Yahoo to Opium

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Um, well, if miss theatre and live in BC then join a Theatre BC member club and have some FFFFFUUUUUUNNNN!
Heck, Theatre BC's Zone festivles are happening right now all over BC, and then MAINSTAGE is happening in July in Penticton/Summerland

Hehe, you had a bucket on your head...thats funny. There's always a bucket in a panto. Usually filled with candy or confetti. MMMMMMMMMM confetti. I mean, candy, yah, candy. I've been a man, a woman, an androgunous character. Well, actually, I'm a girl, and they couldnt make me look like a man, so I was androgynous, or however you spell the word![/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-14-2003, 03:03 AM
Primal

[color=#000000ost_uid0]When man puts bucket on head, is sign of impending hail of pigeon droppings.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-14-2003, 03:19 AM
Insert canine joke here

Send a message via AIM to Celeste Send a message via MSN to Celeste Send a message via Yahoo to Celeste

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Ewwness.[/colorost_uid0]

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Floss Naked!
Old 05-14-2003, 03:36 AM
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Um, well, if you miss theatre and live in BC then join a Theatre BC member club and have some FFFFFUUUUUUNNNN!
[/quoteost_uid0]

Who do you think I did the pantos with? Theatre Kelowna Society. The only problem is that I don't know where I'll be living this summer, or fall for that matter. Uncertainty makes it rather difficult to commit to things *g*

Technically, I think I'm still a member of the Deep Cove Stage Society, which I joined when I was living in Burnaby and never did anything with.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-15-2003, 02:10 AM
Calvinist

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Ah, that poses a problem. I cant think of anything zany to say right now though.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-15-2003, 03:25 AM
Specifically, an altamato

Send a message via AIM to Saxamaphone Send a message via MSN to Saxamaphone Send a message via Yahoo to Saxamaphone

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Ooo - theater, one of my favorite topic

love, LOVE, [bost_uid0][iost_uid0][uost_uid0]LOVE[/uost_uid0][/iost_uid0][/bost_uid0] acting on stage.

The Melodrama I'm in opens tomorrow, and I'm super psyched

Just school plays now - but I think I might major in theater, so, who knows

and [bost_uid0]Sa'ar:[/bost_uid0] Yeah, commitment is a big part-o theater. But keep up with the RHSP pantos until you settle down - and I know your quite a good fiver-er, so writing sometimes help when I can't act - since I use a lot of the same techniques for acting that I do writing [/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-15-2003, 03:40 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Wonko The Sane Send a message via AIM to Wonko The Sane Send a message via MSN to Wonko The Sane

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I used to act, many moons ago.

However, since I was drafted for slave labour - erm - I mean my part time job, and started flying light aircraft, I just havn't been able to commit to another production.

The last major role I had was 'Doody' in my school's production of Grease. *shudder* The songs...they still haunt me.

It was really horrible when they went for the 'authentic' 50s hair, and drenched my hair in vaseline. My head was completely waterproof for two weeks.

Still fun though! Wish I could get back in the spotlight...[/colorost_uid0]

Bears are crazy, they\'ll bite your head off if you\'re wearing steak on it.
Old 05-15-2003, 04:30 AM
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Still fun though! Wish I could get back in the spotlight...[/quoteost_uid0]

I know, eh? I was Lucas in Neil Simon's Laughter On The 23rd Floor - for half the run. I joined late 'cause I missed the fall semester by working down the coast. They offered me the part of the guy with meningitis, but he recovered. Damn him. As a reward for my persistance and a punshiment for another guy, they gave me half the performances of the guy who couldn't be bothered to learn his lines.

Two productions before that I was Mr. Green in Clue.

It wasn't easy being Green.

[quoteost_uid0]and I know you're quite a good fiver-er, so writing sometimes help when I can't act [/quoteost_uid0]

Awww...*blush* You're too kind (No, he's three kinds!)

Maybe I should work on Phantom Plotline some more. It would be nice to have the first movie finished before the third one comes out.[/colorost_uid0]

Old 05-18-2003, 02:55 AM
Primal

[quoteost_uid0="Sa'ar Chasm"][color=#000000ost_uid0]It wasn't easy being Green.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]would it have been easier being Purple?[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-18-2003, 09:28 AM
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]would it have been easier being Purple?[/quoteost_uid0]

Some other guy was Purple...Plum, rather. He got to play Christopher Lloyd's role.

"Great Scott! 3.21 jiggawatts!"

(Yes, I know what it's supposed to be, but that's how he pronounced it.)[/colorost_uid0]