The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > News
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2010, 07:13 PM
Infinitely prolonged

Nice article, Zeke.

Quote:
Most people my age or older were pretty freaked out by their first encounters with anime -- all those huge eyes and sweatdrops just came across as bad art, and the animation quality was about on par with cartoons 20 years old.
I can agree with this. For the longest time I could not understand the appeal of anime. It just seemed stupid to me, especially all the weird hair styles. Now I tend to like it a lot more than a lot of western animation.

Quote:
What really matters is that this mess is no longer hanging over my head like an albatross of Damocles.
Funny.

Quote:
This Just In Special Report: Next Generation anime to begin and begin and begin

THIS ARTICLE ENDS!
I finally found the ending. It is pretty obvious, now that I think about it. I was originally thrown off by the false ending in the middle of the article and stopped looking.

Quote:
Ironically, I just posted a much spicier comedy piece which involves twins -- but they're fraternal twins, so it wouldn't do anything for this crowd.
That...was weird. Funny, but weird. Very funny, but also very weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wowbagger View Post
Since this event ended, I've added to my very limited list of "animes I know" (previously only Death Note and Azumanga) a third series: Neon Genesis Evangelion. This makes sense of surprisingly many of the jokes I missed.
I've also recently added about three shows to the list of anime I know. Unfortunately, none of those new anime were referenced in the 5MAnime event, so it didn't help much. The anime were fun to watch, though.

Candace: (gasp) The square root of 'soon' is 'never'!

The Doctor: It was all in the job title: Head of human resources.
Lance: This time, it's personnel.

To God be the glory. ><>