The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > 5MV Talk
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2004, 10:13 PM
Gatekeeper
Exosite Head

Send a message via ICQ to Nan Send a message via Yahoo to Nan

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I set up a livejournal, which is going to be WTC-centric. So if you want to know what the heck is going on, that's where you'll find the info.

And I won't have to monopolize Zeke's forum thread. S'good all around, really. :smile:

Working Title lj

And NOW back to your regularly-scheduled non-Nancentric thread. Really. I mean it this time. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-12-2004, 04:11 AM
Long fellow

[color=#000000ost_uid0]And now, jumping to an entirely different topic:

I have a procedural question:

I have an NG fiver written and approved by Marc Richard, and it now resides in Zeke's backlog.

I have another request to call a fiver into Zeke's backlog, since I'm treating the above fiver as completed.

Since Zeke hasn't acknowledged my latest "call" yet, can I treat it as pending and call a fiver from a different section? Â Bear in mind that I can probably have it finished before Zeke makes any movement to respond to either of the above fivers.

--
Wowbagger: Unregistered so John Ashcroft can't hunt me down.

Soon (adv): 1. within or after a short time  2. quickly or without much delay  3. ...or not[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-12-2004, 04:43 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0]First off: Wowbagger, you're now at the point where I'm okay with your having more than one episode called. So feel free to contact the section head in question.

Second: I have your NG fiver processed, I just haven't had time to paste it into a site page yet. There's a [iost_uid0]lot[/iost_uid0] keeping me busy, and this Cheese thing sort of put everything else on hold for a week. Rest assured I was and am dealing with that fiver, as well as the others you've sent.

Third, can you please re-send this request to call a fiver? I've checked all your recent emails and I can't find it. Maybe I just missed it.[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 04-13-2004, 12:56 AM
Long fellow

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Thank you kindly. I now return to the internet: [iost_uid0]In Search of the Nervous System of [/iost_uid0]Rana Pipiens. Yay.

--
Wowbagger: Unregistered and sick of having to type his signature every time he posts. Also still avoiding John Ashcroft.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-14-2004, 01:20 AM
Long fellow

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Zeke, I tried resending my request and the message was bounced back. Your e-mail is still "zeke@sci-fivers.com", right?

--
Wowbagger: See above.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-14-2004, 01:34 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Ahh, there's your problem. You're missing the .ar at the end.[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:14 AM
Long fellow

[color=#000000ost_uid0]GAA! And I checked the mailto links, too! And somehow missed it! Yat! Okay, better now. Anyhow, thanks again.

BTW, not the right place to say this, but very much enjoyed FM BTTF. 'Specially the chili joke. I always knew Zeke should have kept on beating it to death.

What was going on with the alternate-dimensional blender, anyhow? I still often quote that scene, if only to draw confused looks from various people.

--
Wowbagger: Too superior for a signature. And too superior to register. Curses.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-15-2004, 07:45 PM
Administrator

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Guest"]'Specially the chili joke. Â I always knew Zeke should have kept on beating it to death.
[/quoteost_uid0]

I [iost_uid0]did[/iost_uid0] keep beating it to death. Â I just stopped making it obvious. Â See Five-Minute Survivor, "Anomaly," and such.

I could tell you what was going on with the alternate-dimensional blender, but then I'd have to kill PointyHairedJedi.[/colorost_uid0]

Old 04-15-2004, 09:33 PM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Do tell. [/colorost_uid0]

I'm not the devil, I just work for her.

What spoon? There is no spoon. According to Zeke, it's a cat. ~NeoMatrix

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Sa'ar Chasm: Too far south you hit Belgium.
catalina marina: Not in Limburg you don't.
Sa'ar Chasm: You do if you go south in the right way.
Old 04-16-2004, 12:10 AM
Long fellow

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I do catch your subtle beatings. Â I just miss the old "once a week, every week," format of the chili/death to Phlox plots.

On the same subject, I kinda miss [iost_uid0]Enterprise[/iost_uid0] fivers generally.

By the way, while I understand everything going on (FM Cheese, the new server, etc.), I find it amusing to note that my last fiver has been in your backlog for over twice as long as it took to get it through the entire editing process. Â Teehee. Â My first emoticon.

--
Wowbagger-- Signature: GAK![/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-16-2004, 01:10 AM
Or is it KJHTMMM now?

Send a message via MSN to Katy Jane Send a message via Yahoo to Katy Jane

[quoteost_uid0="Guest"][color=#000000ost_uid0]I find it amusing to note that my last fiver has been in your backlog for over twice as long as it took to get it through the entire editing process. [/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]:O I hope my fiver doesn't sit in the back log as long as itÂ’s taking to get through the editing process. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-16-2004, 01:48 AM
Administrator

[quoteost_uid0="Guest"][color=#000000ost_uid0]I do catch your subtle beatings. Â I just miss the old "once a week, every week," format of the chili/death to Phlox plots.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Maybe those running jokes aren't as constant anymore, but you've got to admit I'm grinding "Phlox = pimp and/or evil" into the ground at least that much this season.

[quoteost_uid0]On the same subject, I kinda miss [iost_uid0]Enterprise[/iost_uid0] fivers generally.[/quoteost_uid0]

I know, I'm sorry about that. I was keeping up a pretty good production rate until February, when my life sort of exploded on me (in a good way for once, but a very distracting one). I'm trying to build up steam again now; after my exams and the server move I plan to do a lot of catching up.

[quoteost_uid0]By the way, while I understand everything going on (FM Cheese, the new server, etc.), I find it amusing to note that my last fiver has been in your backlog for over twice as long as it took to get it through the entire editing process. Â [/quoteost_uid0]

Believe me when I say you're still one of the lucky ones.[/colorost_uid0]

Old 04-17-2004, 12:09 AM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

[quoteost_uid0="Zeke"][color=#000000ost_uid0]I could tell you what was going on with the alternate-dimensional blender, but then I'd have to kill PointyHairedJedi.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Great. I make [iost_uid0]another[/iost_uid0] death-list and no-one bothers to inform me? Do you realise how much that throws my scheduling out?[/colorost_uid0]
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 04-17-2004, 12:28 AM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I thought you already knew Zeke wanted to kill you? I believe he mentioned it before...[/colorost_uid0]

I'm not the devil, I just work for her.

What spoon? There is no spoon. According to Zeke, it's a cat. ~NeoMatrix

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Sa'ar Chasm: Too far south you hit Belgium.
catalina marina: Not in Limburg you don't.
Sa'ar Chasm: You do if you go south in the right way.
Old 04-17-2004, 12:32 AM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Counts as a seperate threat though. As far as I know that one was prompted by my extreme inaction. I've got no idea what prompted this one.[/colorost_uid0]

- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 04-17-2004, 01:30 AM
Wigging out

Send a message via ICQ to Nic Corelli

[quoteost_uid0="PointyHairedJedi"][color=#000000ost_uid0]I've got no idea what prompted this one.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]Possibly nothing. Zeke just likes to make death threats. For sport. [/colorost_uid0]

~A Game of Thrones, book one of Song of Ice and Fire
Old 04-17-2004, 03:34 AM
Long fellow

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Zeke"]Maybe those running jokes aren't as constant anymore, but you've got to admit I'm grinding "Phlox = pimp and/or evil" into the ground at least that much this season.[/quoteost_uid0]
I must agree that the pimp hat joke grows on me. Â Indeed, I heard someone say something that fit so well with it that I'm trying to find a fiver to write [iost_uid0]just to fit that line in.[/iost_uid0] Â :lol:

Hmm. Â These emoticons just don't quite match the BWAMWAHAHAHAHA! feeling I'm trying to convey here.

I never have seen the original pimp hat pic; does anyone have the link?

Wowbagger: Not registered for a permit to speak with Canadians.[/colorost_uid0]