The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > 5MV Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2005, 08:51 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default Signed fiver update

Okay, time to come clean. There's a reason I haven't sent out the signed fivers yet. That reason is --

(Are you sure you want to hear this? It's pretty stupid.)

-- That reason is that if people were paying me for this, I wanted to go the extra mile and make sure the fivers looked good on paper. In particular, I wanted to make sure there weren't any scenes that were interrupted by page breaks. And I could not for the life of me figure out how to do that. It would be simple in a word processor, but these are HTML files. It was just recently that I actually tried loading the HTML into Word and discovered how easy it was.

Oh, like you've never underestimated a Microsoft product.

Anyway, I'm posting now to guarantee that I'll send out the signed fivers as soon as I get back in Waterloo. I have everything I need, and now I know that. So if you've been waiting for your envelope to arrive, it's coming shortly, and I'll see if I can throw in a little something extra for the delay.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction