The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Fiver By Committee

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 02:47 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I vote for Derek's block, only with two cases of "(over the phone)". Omitting the second case is also acceptable. [/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 04-06-2004, 04:48 AM
Last guardian of a fallen... wtf?

Location: Andromatlantis, in the Tri-Pegasus Galaxy. (Wait, what?)

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I mainly just want to get this thing moving again, But I vote for NeoMatrix's.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-06-2004, 11:48 PM
Transformed Man

Send a message via ICQ to Standback Send a message via MSN to Standback Send a message via Yahoo to Standback

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Tally so far:

Block 1 (Scooter):[quoteost_uid0]Cypher: Great job pulling me back, Tank. Allow me to say "thank you."
Tank: Can you say it without the gun? "GAK!"

Cypher: Hey Trinity, are you really better off with this airhead, saving our crappy real lives, than living with me in fantasyland?
Trinity: Compared to you, I'd be better off with a famished cannibal.
Tank: Hey, Cypher! Â Allow me to say--"you're welcome!"
Cypher: Lethal irony sucks. Â GAK!
Tank: Heh. Â The fake GAK gets them every time.
Neo: Maybe I should try that.[/quoteost_uid0]
3 votes.

Block 2 (Gatac):[quoteost_uid0]Dozer: GAK!
Tank: Pseudo-GAK!
Switch: GAK!
Apoc: GAK!
Cypher: Hm, something's wrong here, but I can't quite put my finger on it.[/quoteost_uid0]
1 vote.

Block 3 (Standback):[quoteost_uid0]Cypher: (over the phone) Trin, how can you prefer that airhead over a hot backstabbing serial killer like me?
Neo: (sigh) I get that one a lot, too.
Cypher: (over the phone) Y'see, Neo obviously isn't the One, unless I'm about to be killed by a convenient plot contri-GAK!
Tank: (over the gun) Fake GAK. Gets 'em every time.
Neo: Maybe I should try that sometime. [/quoteost_uid0]
1 vote.

Note that block 1 probably requires another middle block to cover Cypher killing everybody, block 2 has *only* Cypher killing everybody, and block 3 is *only* the bit after Cypher's killed everybody.

c'mon, people - either post new blocks or vote! :rod, prod::[/colorost_uid0]

--It\'s Walky!, David Willis
Old 04-07-2004, 07:03 AM
Spritely

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Not a new suggestion per se, but a consolidation of my own suggestion of how to tweak Scooter's version of the block:

[quoteost_uid0][bost_uid0]Cypher[/bost_uid0]: Great job pulling me back, Tank. Allow me to say "thank you."
[bost_uid0]Dozer, Apoc, and Switch[/bost_uid0]: GAK!
[bost_uid0]Tank[/bost_uid0]: Can you say it without the gun? Â "GAK!"
[bost_uid0]Cypher[/bost_uid0]: Hm, something's wrong here, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

[bost_uid0]Cypher[/bost_uid0]: Hey Trinity, are you really better off with this airhead, saving our crappy real lives, than living with me in fantasyland?
[bost_uid0]Trinity[/bost_uid0]: (over the phone) Sorry, but traitorous serial murderers turn me off.
[bost_uid0]Tank[/bost_uid0]: Hey, Cypher! Â Allow me to say--"you're welcome!"
[bost_uid0]Cypher[/bost_uid0]: Lethal irony sucks. Â GAK!
[bost_uid0]Tank[/bost_uid0]: Heh. Â The fake GAK gets them every time.
[bost_uid0]Neo[/bost_uid0]: (over the phone) Maybe I should try that sometime.[/quoteost_uid0]

Technically, the "I can't put my finger on it" line is losable, if you want to shorten this. -- Pteryx[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-07-2004, 01:03 PM
Man in the iron mask

Send a message via ICQ to Gatac Send a message via AIM to Gatac

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Er, Standback, not to doubt your supreme powers of vote counting, but I believe we have three votes for Derek's composite block, which includes my multiple-GAK joke.

(NAHTMMM, PHJ and me, I believe.)

Gatac[/colorost_uid0]
- d02 Quotes
Old 04-07-2004, 02:26 PM
Transformed Man

Send a message via ICQ to Standback Send a message via MSN to Standback Send a message via Yahoo to Standback

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Ah. I counted only from "let's start voting" and onwards - anything before that I don't know whether to take as an "I like" or an "I vote". That's why I didn't count you and PHJ.

NAHT's vote was for "Derek's block, only with two cases of "(over the phone)". " I understood this to be a reference to what I've labelled "Block 3 (Standback)" above, because that's the one with the "(over the phone)" directions. This is an entirely different block than the one I think you're voting for. NAHT, if I misunderstood, please set me straight.

So this seems to be another vote from Gatac towards the entirety of:
[quoteost_uid0]Cypher: I escaped from the Agents! Maybe I'm the One.
Tank: (over the phone) You think you're the One? Ha ha, stop it, you're killing me.
Cypher: Not yet, but I will be soon.

Dozer: GAK!
Cypher: Hm, something's wrong here, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Cypher: Mwahaha! Nothing can stop me now, I'm invincible! Don't you wish you were on my side now, Trinity?
Trinity: Not after the way you just jinxed yourself.
Cypher: What do you mean? It's not like Tank survived, grabbed the gun, and -- GAK!
Tank: Heh. The fake GAK gets them every time.
Neo: Perhaps I should try that sometime. [/quoteost_uid0]

And I'm not certain which of Derek's PHJ favors, or whether or not he was voting.

All clear now? [/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-07-2004, 05:03 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Not to complicate things, but I had a thought about following up on one of our running jokes... before the fake GAK line, Tank could say "Tank 1, Cypher 0."[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 04-07-2004, 07:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to JobeGDG

[color=#000000ost_uid0]But wouldn't Cypher have 3?[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-07-2004, 07:42 PM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]If Tank were saying "Cypher 0, Everyone else 1", you would be correct. But that would mean Tank would lose anyway, so he's not counting the other people as being on part of his "team". He's tricky like that.

And Standback, you guessed correctly. Although I could see voting for the block Gatac likes as well. But my vote does indeed go to Block #3.[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 04-08-2004, 04:41 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Ow. Now my head hurts. I'm going to have to read through the whole thing again.[/colorost_uid0]
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 04-17-2004, 06:18 PM
Transformed Man

[color=#000000ost_uid0]All right, people, this block is in serious need of people actually paying attention to it. Both final votes and new block proposals are fine, methinks, but leaving the block untouched for three weeks tends to create a kind of slowdown.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-17-2004, 07:36 PM
Last of the ko fighters

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Alright, I like this combination. I added a joke of my own.

[quoteost_uid0]Cypher: Great job pulling me back, Tank. Allow me to say "thank you."
Tank: Can you say it without the gun? !GAK

Cypher: (over the phone) Trin, -- YANK! (kills Apoc) -- how can you prefer that airhead -- YANK! (kills Switch) -- over a hot backstabbing serial killer like me?
Cypher: (over the phone) Y'see, Neo obviously isn't the One, unless I'm about to be killed by a convenient plot contri-
Tank: (over the gun) See, you were looking at my hands, when you should have been looking at my eyes.
Cypher: GAK!
Tank: Fake GAK. Gets 'em every time.
Neo: Maybe I should try that sometime.[/quoteost_uid0]

Hm... Now that I think about it. Perhaps the 'looking at my hands' joke would be better for a fight-scene. The above combination also works without it.[/colorost_uid0]

Old 04-17-2004, 08:06 PM
Doctoral candidate
Staff

Send a message via AIM to Scooter

[quoteost_uid0="Michiel"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Alright, I like this combination. I added a joke of my own.

[quoteost_uid0]Cypher: Great job pulling me back, Tank. Allow me to say "thank you."
Tank: Can you say it without the gun? !GAK

Cypher: (over the phone) Trin, -- YANK! (kills Apoc) -- how can you prefer that airhead -- YANK! (kills Switch) -- over a hot backstabbing serial killer like me?
Cypher: (over the phone) Y'see, Neo obviously isn't the One, unless I'm about to be killed by a convenient plot contri-
Tank: (over the gun) See, you were looking at my hands, when you should have been looking at my eyes.

Hm... Now that I think about it. Perhaps the 'looking at my hands' joke would be better for a fight-scene. The above combination also works without it.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]I would vote for this one, but I wrote half of it...can I give it half a vote? [/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-18-2004, 04:42 AM
Factorial

Send a message via AIM to NeoMatrix Send a message via MSN to NeoMatrix Send a message via Yahoo to NeoMatrix

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Lets end this please [/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-26-2004, 12:56 PM

Send a message via MSN to James Flare

[color=#000000ost_uid0]*ring ring*

Neo: huh?... oh. It must be that hidden phone in the mysterious mail.
Morpheous: Just shut up and listen. Here's the lowdown. Guys in black sutes, bad. Out the window you go.
Neo: why?
Morpheous: If you do it I'll give you a cookie.
Neo: Yay! Ok... YIKES... this is scary. Help!
Morpheous: Geez what a wus. You might as well just give yourself up to the agents.
Neo: Ok
Morpheous: NO WAIT!.... crap.

Agent: Ah, Mr. Flanderson
Neo: Anderson
Agent: woops...[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-26-2004, 03:23 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[quoteost_uid0="NeoMatrix"][color=#000000ost_uid0]Lets end this please [/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]I agree. Can we get a vote count?[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 04-26-2004, 10:48 PM
Transformed Man

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Ack. This one's really really ugly, count-wise. I've showing half-votes for blocks and full votes for half-blocks. Here's what I've got. If I've missed anyone, slap me with a space-station or something.

[bost_uid0]Intro Cypher Scene:[/bost_uid0]

Block 1 (Scooter):[quoteost_uid0]
Cypher: Great job pulling me back, Tank. Allow me to say "thank you."
Tank: Can you say it without the gun? "GAK!"[/quoteost_uid0]
4 votes: Michiel, Neo, dsbs, Arzosah

Block 1b (Derek): [quoteost_uid0]Cypher: I escaped from the Agents! Maybe I'm the One.
Tank: (over the phone) You think you're the One? Ha ha, stop it, you're killing me.
Cypher: Not yet, but I will be soon.[/quoteost_uid0]
1 vote: Gatac

[bost_uid0]Cypher Killing Everybody Scene (optional as stand-alone)[/bost_uid0]
Block 2 (Gatac):[quoteost_uid0]
Dozer: GAK!
Cypher: Hm, something's wrong here, but I can't quite put my finger on it. [/quoteost_uid0]
2 votes: Standback, Gatac

[bost_uid0]Trinity/Cypher/Tank Finale:[/bost_uid0]

Block 3a (Derek): [quoteost_uid0]
Cypher: Mwahaha! Nothing can stop me now, I'm invincible! Don't you wish you were on my side now, Trinity?
Trinity: Not after the way you just jinxed yourself.
Cypher: What do you mean? It's not like Tank survived, grabbed the gun, and -- GAK!
Neo: Perhaps I should try that sometime. [/quoteost_uid0]
1 vote: Gatac

Block 3b (Standback): [quoteost_uid0]
Cypher: (over the phone) Trin, how can you prefer that airhead over a hot backstabbing serial killer like me?
Cypher: (over the phone) Y'see, Neo obviously isn't the One, unless I'm about to be killed by a convenient plot contri-GAK!
Tank: (over the gun) Fake GAK. Gets 'em every time.
Neo: Maybe I should try that sometime. [/quoteost_uid0]
1 vote: NAHT.

Block 3c: (Michiel variation) [quoteost_uid0]Cypher: (over the phone) Trin, -- YANK! (kills Apoc) -- how can you prefer that airhead -- YANK! (kills Switch) -- over a hot backstabbing serial killer like me?
2 votes: Michiel, Scooter

Block 3d (Scooter): [quoteost_uid0]Cypher: Hey Trinity, are you really better off with this airhead, saving our crappy real lives, than living with me in fantasyland?
Trinity: Compared to you, I'd be better off with a famished cannibal.
Tank: Hey, Cypher! Allow me to say--"you're welcome!"
Cypher: Lethal irony sucks. GAK!
Neo: Maybe I should try that. [/quoteost_uid0]
3 votes: Neo, dsbs, Arsozah

Whew. This is complex and convoluted enough, and most of the block variations are similar enough, that maybe it'd be best if Zeke just puts together a composite block and runs it by for final tweaks?[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-26-2004, 10:53 PM
Transformed Man

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Actually, maybe it's not [iost_uid0]that[/iost_uid0] convoluted. 1a + 3d actually do have a majority, though it's a slim one, and either the multi-GAKs or the YANKs can be inserted to complete the scene.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-27-2004, 10:39 AM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Hmm... I like the "over the gun" of 3b, but I'd also go for 3d. All these scenes are so alike, it's getting hard to choose. I think 1a and 1b are both good, but of course, 1a and 3d are meant to go together. Since we have the most votes for these two anyway, what do you say we take them?

EDIT: Oh, and of course, block 2 in between. We need it for the "fake GAK" to make sense. At least, I think we do...[/colorost_uid0]

I'm not the devil, I just work for her.

What spoon? There is no spoon. According to Zeke, it's a cat. ~NeoMatrix

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Sa'ar Chasm: Too far south you hit Belgium.
catalina marina: Not in Limburg you don't.
Sa'ar Chasm: You do if you go south in the right way.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:48 AM
Man in the iron mask

Send a message via ICQ to Gatac Send a message via AIM to Gatac

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Yeah, I second that. My original votes stand, but 1a and 3d is good enough for me.

Gatac[/colorost_uid0]
- d02 Quotes
Closed Thread