The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Miscellaneous

Old 03-10-2003, 03:20 AM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Playing with FreeTranslation.com now, changing this

The online Star Trek fan community was rocked today by the news that "Five-Minute Voyager," a parody website, had been purchased by well-known heartless multinational conglomerate Microsoft.

into German and back to get this:

The Online stars Trek follower partnership the "five became had been bought by the messages negligible Voyager," a Persiflage website, by well known heartless multinational conglomerate Microsoft today geschaukelt.

Persiflage? That almost sounds like a real-life corporation... [/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 03-10-2003, 04:23 AM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Persiflage? That almost sounds like a real-life corporation... [/quoteost_uid0]

Or alien seasoning.

"My spoo is too bland. Pass the persiflage, please."[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-10-2003, 04:28 AM

[color=#000000ost_uid0][imgost_uid0]http://www.dianafreedman.com/images/Music%20Smilies/444.gif[/imgost_uid0] [iost_uid0]Persiflage, rosemary and thyme...[/iost_uid0][/colorost_uid0]

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 03-10-2003, 05:08 AM
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Persiflage, rosemary and thyme...[/quoteost_uid0]

Don't make me hurt you *g*

I'm just annoyed 'cause I didn't think of it first.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-10-2003, 09:08 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Naraht Send a message via AIM to Naraht

[color=#000000ost_uid0][bost_uid0]hrm, this:[/bost_uid0]
[iost_uid0]ooohooh...I wanna volunteer to do a fiver, then procrastinate on it!!!

Hrm...I guess I ought to more fully introduce myself.

I'm Naraht, aka Nick, aka the evil admin of Misc. Debris. I'm a Mass COmm student @ the University of Louisiana @ Monroe, and a wage slave for Blockbuster.

My hobbies include procrastination, Admining, procrastination, reading, procrastination, and playing the precious...love the precious....er....PS2....

if you reall wanna see the real me...or lots of quiz results which should indicate who I really am...(although, they seem to think I'm a psychotic girl, when infact I'm a psychotic guy....the web must be lying to me...or I have the wrong plumbing) you can visit m livejournal @ http://naraht.livejournal.com[/iost_uid0][/i]
[bost_uid0]to Japaneese then back :[/bost_uid0]
[iost_uid0]The fiver the ooohooh. which is done.. as for the volunteer of the wanna of the I with that then! Procrastinate! I presume that Hrm I should introduce to sufficiently. I am the nick of the aka of the Naraht namely the bad admin of aka various. Wreckage. I university lump C$omm student @ Louisiana @ Monroe, and am the slave of wages for the blockbuster. As for my hobby it includes the procrastination, the Admining, the procrastination, book-reading, the procrastination, and valuable... loving valuable... the.er... the.PS2.... substance should be shown, me... or to be many really I of the result of the quiz AM... (the although, thinks of me seem that or someone, are the psychotic girl when you who the wanna of the reall you see the infact my psychotic person... the time, The.the net... was is the piping which you make a mistake to me to me) you the livejournal @ http: of m The //naraht.livejournal.com can be visited [/iost_uid0]

[bost_uid0]heehee, Japanese & back makes for the siliest translations...[/bost_uid0][/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-11-2003, 05:26 AM
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Naraht's Japanese gibberish[/quoteost_uid0]

That makes slightly more sense that the average Japanese instruction manual.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-11-2003, 09:55 AM
Calvinist

Send a message via AIM to Opium Send a message via MSN to Opium Send a message via Yahoo to Opium

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Dont you mean Hoshi's translations? Taking

"Sato: Well, so much for the mission. I wonder if I can get my old job back.
Reed: The one where you were translating Japanese instruction manuals into the worst English possible?
Sato: Nobody could do it like me. "The step F: Be pressed a most western button counterclockwise but up"
and turning it English to German to French to English :

Sato: Well so much for the mission. I am astonished, if I can my old zurueckbekommen employment.
Schilf: * that, where you Japanese of the handbook in bad possible English to translate?
Sato: Nobody could be able to do it me. "the stage F: A key more with the western extrème however in top you actuate are on the left around

Hmmm, and this Buffy/Spike wierdness...

Buffy: Knock, knock.
Spike: Who's there?
Buffy: Spike, come out of the basement and help me out with this fatalistic girl on my caseload.
Spike: "Spike, come out of the basement and help me out with this fatalistic girl on my caseload", who?
Buffy: Sucker.
Spike: Eeeerrr.... I mean, "Nobody here but us dustmites!" Or was that, "Must find the precious!!!!"
Buffy: Not impressed with the pop culture reference either.
Spike: Smeagle must--- Aw, screw it.
Buffy: No thanks. Did a little too much of that last season.

From English to German and back again:

Buffy: Knock, knocking.
Top speed: There who is?
Buffy: Point, girls on mine come out caseload from the cellar and help me out with this fatalistic.
Top speed: "point, girls on mine come out caseload", that from the cellar and help me out with this fatalistic?
Buffy: Sauger.
Top speed: Eeeerrr...., I do not mean, "anybody here however we dustmites!", Or that was, "must the precious!!!!"
find Buffy: Not with the bang culture reference any impresses.
Top speed: Smeagle must -- Aw to screw it.
Buffy: No thanks. Did a little too much to this last season.

Wow, Spike as Top Speed? That's scary.[/colorost_uid0]
Please vote Morphine! (Thanks, Zeke!)
Needing more sleep since before 2003
Old 03-12-2003, 12:24 PM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]from this...

Picard: We are gathered here to pay tribute to the memory of a courageous shipmate who gave his life in the line of duty....
Tasha's Ghost: Mind if I sit in on this?
Picard: That seems only fair.

Picard: Those four pips look good on you, Will. Have you gotten used to your new title?
Captain William Troi: Not yet, sir.

Picard: What are you reading, B-4?
B-4: A book with pretty pictures.
Picard: Let me see. Hmm -- "A Visitor's Guide to Mount Seleya." An interesting choice. Well, when you get tired of reading, here's a musical recording you might enjoy.
B-4: "H.M.S. Pinafore"? Why is this good music to listen to?
Picard: Come with me to the shuttlebay and I'll explain.
(The Spacedock crews repair the damaged Enterprise at Ludicrous Speed)

THE END

to this...

Picardy: Here they collect to pay around us me payment with
shipmate valiant memory, them give to the relative life in the line of having....,
Ghost De Tasha: She occupies solved from so inward with him with the seat in that?
Picardy: This like views only hardly.

Picardy: These connections of the master clock of four seeds in you, will. They began you used the new relative title?
Captain Guillermo Troi: Always it getlteman.

Picardy: Which thing are you, which they read, B-4?
B-4: A book with the willful pictures. Picardy: around it to wish it sees. Hmm -- "it leaders of a center of the landlord the sentence of Seleya.", an interesting choice. as soon as it is begun tiredly from the measured value, a tub to here the letter that you could estimate in music.
B-4: "H.m.s. Pinafore"? Why does he have to hear this good music?
Picardy: Come with me too shuttlebay and it explains to me. (damages the groups of the repair space dock at the company in the ridiculous speed) the END

Translated thru Google. Every language used. [/colorost_uid0]
Old 03-14-2003, 04:39 AM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]"Once Upon a Planet", Mr.T-style:

[iost_uid0]Kirk talks an evil computer out of ruining some crew's vacation to a pleasure planet. Where's muh van? Where wud Mr.T in "Let Mr.T Who is gunna be Without Sin..."?[/iost_uid0]

Uhura: Unhand some Faceman! Fool!
(Silence)
Uhura: I could normally use a disarming smile, but it's of no use now. Where's muh van?

Kirk: It says "thems unit wuz terminated...."
McCoy: What's the darn small print?
Spock: ".... Straighten up or you get a faceful o' fist! and it won't be back."

"The Lorelei Signal"

Captain's Log: We're en route to an unexplored region of space where explorers disappear every 27.346 years. Where's muh van?

Spock: Twenty seconds! Crazy Fool!
Kirk: Till? He's gonna be a package of cream cheese in a minute! :O
Spock: Until we're given a plot, of course. Man, it's really gonna hit the fan now! Fifteen--
Kirk: Spock, do Ya hear that crazy?

Chapel: some Faceman's The T Almighty, this darn gunna be serious!

Kirk: Oooo, pretty! Must be one of Hannibal's plans.
Spock: Scans indicate danger. Crazy Murdock!
Theela: Behold my clan of bimbettes! Now get the first-aid kit before you have to use it on yourself!
Spock: Oooo, pretty! Foo!

Theela: Silence! Got no time for the Jibba Jabba.

"The 37's"

Janeway: At ease, Ensign. Just stating that crazy there is gunna be manure on the darn 1982 GMC Custom Van.

[imgost_uid0]http://3sygma.com/fiveminute/forums/html/non-cgi/emoticons/eek5.gif[/imgost_uid0] :lol:

Kim: We've been through the gates of Hell, and we're still troubled by Gates? I don't think so, suckah.

Got a comment on this crazy fiver? Shut up, fool! Contact the author, Kristina Runyeon-Odeberg . Not them, fool!

Haven't seen that darn episode? Must be one of Hannibal's plans.

:lol:

Moving on to Mega Man for no good reason...

Mega Man: the darn T love thems peaceful life. No, fool! Peace, peace, peace, that crazy 's the crazy way it gunna be. Prepare to feel the T's fist!

Guts Man: the crazy Faceman hate your guts.You got a problem with that?

Mega Man: Hey, why are You Foo sparring with Mr.T again? Murdock jibba jabba'd Murdock were on BA Baracus's side.
Break Man: Mr.T never jibba jabba'd Hannibal wuz on only your side. Anyway, thems is gunna be our last round -- Murdock'll leave the crazy T alone while You Foo go after Wily.Prepare to feel the T's fist![/colorost_uid0]

Yup

Old 03-15-2003, 12:02 AM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Now for "Final Fantasy Tactics", Mr.T style:

Ramza: that darn wud easy.
Agrias: the crazy T'd almost think it wud just a distra--
Ovelia: Help! You got that right, crazy man. :lol:

Algus: Hey, we missed one! Hannibal there, where'd Mr.T hide that darn Marquis?
Death Corps soldier: Sand Rat Cellar.
Algus: Huh? Looks like Hannibal's on the Jazz again.

Delita: Aren't You Foo eating? Fool! What, do Murdock think it's poisoned?
Ovelia: Well, yes. Come on, you can do better than that!
Draclau: Don't be silly. We need You Foo alive, even if Hannibal are a fake.

Zalbag: Balderdash! What you talkin' 'bout, fool?! I don't remember none of that! Preposterous! Crazy foo.

Zalmo: HERETIC! Straighten up or you get a faceful o' fist!
(Ramza and Alma jump and spin to face Zalmo)
Alma: What? Murdock...Is this your chicken? Did the Faceman know there wud a heresy examiner after You Foo, Ramza? This man's nuts!

Ramza: (groan) Now we're ripping off Monty Python too? Shut up, fool!

Aries Stone: Murdock'll let BA Baracus live if that darn T sell your soul to the Faceman.
Wiegraf: Okay! Fool! (turns into Velius) Wow, cool! Darn fool!

Rafa: We're being used by Barinten! Must be one of Hannibal's plans.
Malak: No we're not! The fool's crazy!
Rafa: Yes we are! You lookin' at the A-Team, Fool!
Malak: Nuh-uh! Shut up, fool!
Rafa: Uh-huh!
Ramza: my, aren't we showing our ages. Crazy Fool!
:lol:

Rafa: Brother, look at some sunrise! Fool! (sob) Please....Darn fool!
Ramza: the darn Faceman's dead, the T idiot. Now get the first-aid kit before you have to use it on yourself!

Which reminds Mr.T -- how does "PSX" manage to stand for PlayStation? Where does the darn X come from? gonna mankind ever know the darn answers to these questions that crazy haunt us? I don't think so, suckah.[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

Old 03-18-2003, 04:45 AM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]How Recent Fivers Could Have Been Made Better With the Addition of Pie:

Theela: We've lost them, girls.
Dara: Maybe they hid in the huge pie outside.
Theela: Are you kidding? That's where we keep the crumbs of our previous pies -- they're not that smart!

Theela: We used to have pies, but we ate them. Now we have to steal yours.

Kim: Picking up traces of crust, benzene... either it's gasoline, or Neelix just threw the leftover pie out.

Crichton: Okay, Smurfette, it's time to eat.
Chiana: Yum! What've you got?
Crichton: All we have is pie.
Chiana: Never heard of it.
Crichton: You need to read more Zeke fivers.[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

Old 04-03-2003, 03:51 AM
Calvinist

Send a message via AIM to Opium Send a message via MSN to Opium Send a message via Yahoo to Opium

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I couldnt stop myself:
Google turned this:

Mine: Jon? What are you doing, Jon?
Archer: Try to calm down. I'm just slicing through your spike with a rusty hacksaw.
Mine: I'm sorry, Jon, I can't let you do that.
Archer: And why not?
Mine: Um... well... because it would be wrong to kill my spike. It has a soul.

Into This, by way of English to German to French to English. And again, Spike is Top!

Well: Jon? do you make that, in Jon?
Archer: try to calm downwards. I am to cross right by your top with a metal rostigen saw.
Well: I am, in Jon, I cannot leaves to you do that sadly. Archer: And why not?
Well: Around... probably..., because it would be false to kill my top. It has a heart.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-04-2003, 03:14 PM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]:lol:

From a Mr-T'ed version of "Minefield":

Reed: What the--? Where's that Murdock? gonna the darn T still not dead? Foo!
Archer: I saved U. Must be one of Hannibal's plans. Looks like we'll be spending even more time together. I pity the fool!
Reed: that darn answers that crazy.

Archer: And why not? He's gonna be a package of cream cheese in a minute!
Mine: Um... well... Fool! because it would be wrong to kill Mr.T spike. This crazy fool talkin' to his hand again. It has a soul. Crazy foo.
Archer: A likely story. Foo!
Mine: Oh, BA Baracus make Mr.T so mad Mr.T could just explode! Prepare to feel the T's fist!

Got a comment on this crazy fiver? I ain't afraid to fly, and I ain't afraid of no monkeys either. Contact Zeke. Who let this crazy foo in here?

"Symbiosis":

T'Jon: What about the crazy ship-repair equipment Murdock promised us? We need it to maintain our interplanetary trade with that darn Brekkans.
Picard: Sorry, but the crazy Prime Directive forbids us from interfering with the darn natural course of your ineptitude.
Langor: Oh no! Prepare to feel the T's fist! that crazy 'll destroy our centuries-old trade agreement! How gonna our people make dead presidents from now on?[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

Old 04-16-2003, 12:32 AM
Calvinist

[color=#000000ost_uid0]:lol:

but now I'm scared!
The dead prez's!
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH[/colorost_uid0]
Old 04-17-2003, 12:33 AM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]"Who Watches the Watchers?" in Swedish Chef:

Reeker: Cepteeen, ve'fe-a receeefed a deestress cell frum a teem ooff Federeshun unthrupulugeests oon Meenteka III.
Deta: Epperently zee hulugrepheec doockbleend zeey ere-a useeng tu oobserfe-a zee neteefes cufertly is ebuoot tu feeel.
Peecerd: Vhet du ve-a knoo ebuoot zee coose-a ooff zee melffooncshun?
Reeker: Geurdee, get sterted oon thuse-a repeurs. Um gesh dee bork, bork! Ductur, ettend tu zee vuoonded. Bork bork bork!
Croosher: I oonly see-a tvu ooff zee sceeentists here-a. Vhere's zee oozeer oone-a?
Peecerd: Ooh, fery vell -- boot I vunt yuoo tu feex hees breeen tu meke-a soore-a thet hees feesit tu zee Interpreese-a is nut a memureble-a oone-a.
Oojee: Zee Ooferseer? Boot fezeer, he's joost a myt oooor uncesturs beleeefed in![/colorost_uid0]

Yup

Old 05-15-2003, 11:25 PM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]From "Mudd's Women":

[quoteost_uid0]Spock: Your speaker credits say your name is Mudd.
Mudd: Who are you going to believe, the fiver or me?
Spock: Welcome abord, Mr. Walsh.
Mudd: And these are my women: Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup.
Spock: Again, the episode title is "Mudd's Women," not "Walsh's Women."
Mudd: Ahem.
Spock: Sorry, Mr. Walsh. Let me take you to the captain.

Blossom: Mr. Spock, you're so dreamy.
Spock: Whatever.
Mudd: You're either Vulcanian or gay.
Spock: Vulcanian? Lithium? Uhura in gold? CAN WE BE CONSISTENT IN ANYTHING?
Mudd: Apparently not.
Blossom: I think he's gay.
Spock: Don't feed the slashers.[/quoteost_uid0]

Translated into Spanish and back, it reads:

[quoteost_uid0]Spock: Its loudspeaker that the credits say their name is Mudd.
Mudd: Who are you that you are going to believe, fiver or I? Spock: Pleasant Abord, Mr. Walsh.
Mudd: And these are my women: Flower, bubbles, and ranúnculo.
Spock: Once again the title of the episode is "women of Mudd," not them "women of Walsh."
Mudd: Ahem.
Spock: Grieved, Mr. Walsh. Déjeme to take to the captain.
Flower: Mr. Spock, you are so dreamy.
Spock: What. [color=redost_uid0](I was expecting "That which" to come out instead)[/colorost_uid0]
Mudd: You are Vulcanian or cheers.
Spock: Vulcanian? Lithium? Uhura in gold? WE CAN BE CONSTANT IN ANY THING?
Mudd: Apparently no.
Flower: I think it I am glad.
Spock: It does not feed slashers.[/quoteost_uid0]

[quoteost_uid0]Kirk: Your name is mud.
Mudd: Gasp! How'd you find out?
Kirk: Find out what, Mr. Walsh? Anyway, I'm putting you under arrest.[/quoteost_uid0]

becomes

[quoteost_uid0]Spock: Its loudspeaker that the credits say their name is Mudd.
Kirk: Its name is mud.
Mudd: Shout of astonishment! How'd that you discover?
Kirk: Discovers what, Mr. Walsh? In any case, I am putting to him under halting.[/quoteost_uid0]

This one is classic:

The seemingly harmless
[quoteost_uid0]Got a comment on this fiver? Contact the author, Derek Dean.[/quoteost_uid0]

becomes

[quoteost_uid0]It obtained a commentary on this fiver? Between in contact with a author, dean of Derek.[/quoteost_uid0][/colorost_uid0]

Yup

Old 05-25-2003, 01:36 PM
Transformed Man

Send a message via ICQ to Standback Send a message via MSN to Standback Send a message via Yahoo to Standback

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Spanish does work very nicely. I ran a couple of blocks from the Matrix fiver-in-progress through...

Original:
[quoteost_uid0]
Trinity: Hey, I'm Trinity.
Neo: The Trinity? The one that made the universe? Dude, I always thought you were guys.
Trinity: Most fundamentalists do. I know you have a question. You want to know --
Neo: Follow the white rabbit who?
Trinity: The matrix, Neo! Ask about the matrix!
Neo: Ohh, ha ha! Now I get it. Good one! Wait, how did you know my name?
Trinity: It's an identity matrix.

Trinity: We're here. Now, be honest -- he knows more than you can possibly imagine.
Neo: Huh. I seem to get that a lot.
Morpheus: Hello, Neo. I know you have a question that is eating away at you, and now you can ask that question.
Neo: Sweet! Then you can tell me where I can get shades like that?
Morpheus: I'm going to pretend I heard "What is the Matrix?"

Morpheus: It's quite simple. If you eat a blue M&M, you'll wake up tomorrow with the mother of all hangovers. Or, you can eat a green M&M and --
Neo: What about that red M&M?
Morpheus: Nononono! Not the red one! Don't ever eat the red one.
Neo: Why not?
Morpheus: The red ones are my favourite.

Neo: Ooooh... cool... the mirror's gone all funky....
Morpheus: Ah, the pill is starting to have its effect.
Trinity: Actually, he's like this all the time.
Neo: Mmmm... shiny....

Neo: I am Neo of Borg. Resistance is futile.
Robot: Oh, like that's the first time I've heard that. Hold still while I unplug you.
Neo: I will be dissimilated.
(FLUSH!)
Morpheus: Ah, Alice. Glad you could join is.
[/quoteost_uid0]
------------
And the result...
[quoteost_uid0]
Trinidad: Hey, I am Trinidad.
Neon: The Trinidad? The one that made the universe? Type, I thought whenever you were individual. Trinidad: Most of the fundamentalists. I know that you have a question. You wish to know --
neon: Follow the rabbit white that?
Trinidad: The matrix, neon! Ask for the matrix!
Neon: Ohh, has has! Now with himself. The good one! Delay, how you knew my name?
Trinidad: It is a matrix of the identity.

Trinidad: We are here. Now, he is honest -- he knows that more than you can possibly imagine.
Neon: Huh. I look like to obtain much that.
Morpheus: Hello, Neon. I know that you have a question that is eating far in you, and now you can make that question.
Neon: Candy! Then you can say where I can obtain curtains to me like that?
Morpheus: I am going to pretend itself I heard "which is the matrix"

Morpheus: It is absolutely simple. If you eat a blue M&M, you will wake up tomorrow with the mother of all the undertows. Or, you can eat a green M&M and --
neon: What on that red M&M?
Morpheus: Nononono! Not the red one! It always does not eat the red one.
Neon: Why no?
Morpheus: The red ones are my favorite.

Neon: Ooooh... refreshes... the gone mirror all cowardly one....
Morpheus: Ampere hour, the pill is beginning to have its effect.
Trinidad: Really, it is like this all along.
Neon: Mmmm... shining....

Neon: I am neon of Borg. The resistance is vain.
Robusteza: The Oh, like that one is the first time that I have heard that. Still it maintains whereas I unplug to him.
Neon: I will be dissimilated.
[iost_uid0](GRAZING)[/iost_uid0]
Morpheus: Ampere hour, Alicia. Cheer you you could assemble you are.
[/quoteost_uid0]

"Ah" becomes "Ampere hour"... "I get that a lot" becomes "I look like to obtain much that." And "The resistance is vain."... golden.[/colorost_uid0]
--It\'s Walky!, David Willis
Old 06-13-2003, 02:15 PM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]And "hangovers" becomes "undertows". "Sweet" becomes "candy", which makes sense, because the two words are the same in Spanish...

A new site has been brought to my attention. :bigsmile: Whoohoo provides translations into any of various UK dialects. It seems to be geared toward vocal translations, and the results reflect that with the elongated vowelage and such. Here's an example from "Babel":

[quoteost_uid0]Quaaark: computah, make myself ah rooht ah pint of finest foaming ale.
computer: zap! you, my old bean, aaare ah rooht ah pint of finest foaming ale!
odo: zap! one was ah caaart!
quaaark: awfully disgraceful.[/quoteost_uid0]
"ah rooht ah pint of finest foaming ale"... :lol:

"Cathexis" in the "Geordie" dialect, whatever that is (Irish-ishness at a guess):
[quoteost_uid0]Tuvok: sum alien ship neor a nebula zapped wor. if wuh gan back mebbies they'll gerrus chakotay's soul back. or munch on the rest iv wor souls, but whativvor.
janeway: tuvok! yas neet supposed tuh be exposed until the end iv the episode!
tuvok: oh, um, aye. reet. forget ah says that.[/quoteost_uid0]

And in Cockney that same passage reads:
[quoteost_uid0]Tuvok: sum alien 'appeny dip near a nebula zapped us. if we Scapa Fla Hammer and Tack maybe they'll give us chakotay's soul Hammer and Tack. or eat the chuffin' George Best of our souls, but whatever.
janeway: tuvok! you're not supposed ter be exposed until the bloomin' end of the episode!
tuvok: oh, um, yeah. wite. forget I said that.[/quoteost_uid0]
[/colorost_uid0]

Yup

Old 06-13-2003, 04:39 PM
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]"Cathexis" in the "Geordie" dialect, whatever that is (Irish-ishness at a guess):
[/quoteost_uid0]

It comes from the north of England, I believe, somewhere near Hadrian's Wall.

Pointy?[/colorost_uid0]
Old 06-13-2003, 05:56 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Newcastle, to be precise. Brummies come from Birmingham, and the Scouse accent is found in Liverpool.

It's a pity they don't have the Lewisian West Side accent though. Its liberal use of double e sounds is quite distinctive to say the least. I had one RE teacher while I was there who would regularly yell "Quieet!" whenever she felt we were getting too noisy. "Mileenuim" is another favorite of mine.[/colorost_uid0]
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants