The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Science Fiction

Old 11-19-2003, 05:35 PM
Transformed Man

Send a message via ICQ to Standback Send a message via MSN to Standback Send a message via Yahoo to Standback

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]This actually makes sense to me. If Neo can tap into the computer processors of the machines (i.e. the Source, as I understand it), and the Matrix is nothing but a computer program, then doesn't it make sense that he'd have a lot of ability to manipulate the program (i.e. do whatever he wants, such as fly)?[/quoteost_uid0]

You misunderstood. Neo can do whatever he wants in the Matrix, and I'm fine with that. It's the powers in the real world - EMP pulses, blowing up Sentinals, his "machine-vision" when he's blind - these make no sense whatsoever.

[quoteost_uid0]The Source is all around us... it is in all things, it binds the universe together. Use the Source, Neo - use the Source![/quoteost_uid0]

Ahem.[/colorost_uid0]
--It\'s Walky!, David Willis
Old 11-19-2003, 06:19 PM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Thanks Kira, I really needed a positive review for once.

[quoteost_uid0]It's the powers in the real world - EMP pulses, blowing up Sentinals, his "machine-vision" when he's blind - these make no sense whatsoever.[/quoteost_uid0]
That's the major revelation of Reloaded, when we find out Neo isn't just special inside the Matrix. What did you expect after Reloaded?[/colorost_uid0]

I'm not the devil, I just work for her.

What spoon? There is no spoon. According to Zeke, it's a cat. ~NeoMatrix

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Sa'ar Chasm: Too far south you hit Belgium.
catalina marina: Not in Limburg you don't.
Sa'ar Chasm: You do if you go south in the right way.
Old 11-19-2003, 09:09 PM
Our last, best hope for peace
Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0]Remember the event in the original Matrix where Neo jumps into an agent and the agent explodes? This time he does about the same. Instead of doing that himself he allows Smith to get around him.
[/quoteost_uid0]

Something vaguely similar happens in the Discworld novel Carpe Jugulum, which had lots of narrative and dialogue to explain matters. It's been speculated that when Smith assimilated Neo, something from the Machine Eye of Sauron got in past Smith's defenses, kinda like that software nasty they were going to send back with Hugh in NexGen's [iost_uid0]I, Borg[/iost_uid0].

Wow, Discworld, Star Trek and Lord of the Rings all referenced in one paragraph.[/colorost_uid0]