The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Fiver By Committee
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-27-2004, 11:37 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default Block 23 - I believe I can bring him back

(Hey, the phpBB doesn't have proper thread subtitles! I'll have to look into that.)

Hey FBCers. I'm really, really sorry to have let this forum stagnate for so long. I've had a busy summer and a busier fall, but it's really not that hard to post these threads, so I shouldn't have let it stop me.

Regardless, I'm back, and this time it's to finish the damn thing. Since the "three days per thread" idea didn't work, I'm switching to the other plan I've been considering -- having multiple threads active at once. I'm going to start with 23, 24, and 25, and each time we finish one, I'll start the next one. I'm confident that this will finally increase the pace of FBC to something workable. So get ready: it's all downhill from here.

Morpheus is now being held in a high office building under guard. Agent Smith is clearly loving his victory; he's hamming it up, speechifying to Morpheus about the origins of the Matrix and the new role of humans. As he talks, Agent Brown (the one played by Paul Goddard! Woo!) is working on cracking Morpheus' mental patterns with injections, electrodes, and such. Agent Jones comes in to notify the others that "the insider" -- Cypher -- has failed. (Why does he have to come tell them in person? They're computer programs with mental linkups -- when one knows, shouldn't the others know? They even finish each other's sentences! In this scene! Ah well.) Smith, realizing that the surviving rebels can unhook Morpheus at any time, deploys Sentinels to their location.

Back on the Nebuchadnezzar, Tank shows the others what the Agents are doing to Morpheus' mind. He concludes that their only choice is to unhook Morpheus before he can give up the access codes to Zion, the last refuge of free humanity. Trinity reluctantly agrees, but just before they can go through with it, Neo stops them. He recognizes this as the moment the Oracle foretold, when he would have to choose between his life and Morpheus'. He tells them Morpheus was wrong to sacrifice himself for him, because he's not the One -- but he believes he can bring Morpheus back. Trinity demands to go with him.

Synopsis is here. This is surely a two-scene block.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction