The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Science Fiction

Old 05-27-2004, 01:07 AM
Insert canine joke here

Send a message via AIM to Celeste Send a message via MSN to Celeste Send a message via Yahoo to Celeste

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Okay, few things to say about this one. first off.

Ewww!!! Eating mice and blowing up reptilians! Yucka!

Second, Cool! I wish I could shoot weird energy discharges from my hands. ::Sighs::

Third, wth? Who is that blue dude? Why are they 400 years in the past? Or is this a change in the time line? Though how would that have happend? Am I going to pull my hair out all summer waiting for September or ::Gasp:: OCTOBER for the next season?

one word. Yes.[/colorost_uid0]

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Floss Naked!
Old 05-27-2004, 01:38 AM
Factorial

Send a message via AIM to NeoMatrix Send a message via MSN to NeoMatrix Send a message via Yahoo to NeoMatrix

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Im assuming Season 4 is them going trying to get back to the right time period. I wonder if they will seek out the Vulcans and explain what happened.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-27-2004, 02:45 AM
5MAwwwwww

Send a message via AIM to admiral sab Send a message via Yahoo to admiral sab

[color=#000000ost_uid0]lol I was kinda disappointed that Archer was alive?

What? No I like him, but he can be a pain sometimes.

But the episode was great! I really liked it. Until the end and I realized, great it's a cliffhanger! woohoo! Can I just say, I hate summer cliffhangers? because you're left to wonder all summer long about what's going to happen, and you have enough time to think about every scenario and then, it comes on and... you were wrong. Oh well, at least I got some TnT interaction! woohoo! Polly is 65, huh? I'm glad that Trip knows that now and his reaction was great! Oh yeah they want each other! even my husband said "they like each other." My husband the dense one, said that. ... (ok so he's not THAT dense, he married me after all)
I'm tellin' ya, Trip and T'Pol rock. ALMOST as much as P/T...

Sab, yep I'm a 'shipper.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-27-2004, 03:03 AM
Annoy, tiny blonde one! Annoy like the wind!
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[color=#000000ost_uid0]A few thoughts...

First, anyone else getting a major Star Wars vibe (again) from the weapon? Yeah, I thought so.

Shran? WTF? Can we say "deus ex machina"? No? How about "plot contrivance"?

Riiiiight, Archer's dead with 15 minutes left in the episode. My first thought when they revealed he didn't get off the cube was "Shee-yeah, dead like a fox." I thought for sure Daniels had yoinked him out of the timeline, and I think that's still a definite possibility.

People kept saying Enterprise had hit its stride. I was inclined to agree. Then came the last few minutes of the episode. CoughFuture's End ripoffcough. I have a feeling the discussion went something like this:

[bost_uid0]Enterprise Exec 1:[/bost_uid0] So, the Guardians are screwed, the Xindi are our buddies now, and Earth is safe. What are we gonna do for next season?
[bost_uid0]Enterprise Exec 2:[/bost_uid0] Well, we could so some neat arcs looking at the formation of the Federation. Personally, I think it would be fascinating looking at some of the politics and early conflicts. Very DS9-ish.
[bost_uid0]Enterprise Exec 3:[/bost_uid0] Hey, does the Romulan War fit into this time period?
[bost_uid0]Enterprise Exec 4:[/bost_uid0] I've got it! Time travel! With alien Nazis!
[bost_uid0]Other Execs:[/bost_uid0] Sweeeeeet.

Of course, it's possible that they skipped right from step 1 to step 4 there.... I mean, come on. The whole idea of a prequel series is that it lays the foundation for the world we've already been exposed to in a lot of detail. I'm not interested in seeing the crew in alternate timelines or in the past, or other such stupid complications. (Hey, something else they have in common with Star Wars...) If this time travel thing is another gimmick, then obviously they haven't smartened up like I thought they had and this next season could easily be Enterprise's last.

So, a bum end to an improving season. Let's hope this isn't as stupid an excuse for a cliffhanger as it looks.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-27-2004, 03:26 AM

[color=#000000ost_uid0]AAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Inhale, exhale. All right, now that that's out of my system... what the blippin' hey was [iost_uid0]that[/iost_uid0]? Haven't we already done Nazis? But I have to admit, I was quite shocked by the direction the last few minutes took. I mean, how could you possibly expect that? I thought Shran might've swooped in and snagged Archer with his transporter at the last second. And I sure wasn't prepared for any time travel, and that was damn strange, having those planes shooting at the shuttlepod. I guess a gravometric distortion reversed the polarity of the weapon's energy matrix, forming a subspace rift that threw Archer back in time. [/colorost_uid0]
And become EVIL!
Old 05-27-2004, 03:29 AM
Former Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Kira Send a message via MSN to Kira Send a message via Yahoo to Kira

[color=#000000ost_uid0][bost_uid0]Rule of Star Trek #47[/bost_uid0]

If Earth does not respond to your hails upon arrival, you:

a) have travelled back in time
b) have arrived in an alternate timeline
c) forgot their birthday, again[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-27-2004, 03:49 AM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Without reading any of the preceding comments, let me just say: ARRRGH! I CAN'T BELIEVE I FORGOT TO WATCH ENTERPRISE! It was freaking Wednesday night and I forgot. Stupid WB for ending Smallville and Angel last week so I forgot about ENT this week.

Oh well, it airs again on Sunday. I'll just wait until then. And make sure to set the VCR just in case.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-27-2004, 04:05 AM
Insert canine joke here

Send a message via AIM to Celeste Send a message via MSN to Celeste Send a message via Yahoo to Celeste

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I personaly didn't expect Shran to show up. And I definatly was holding my breath through the last sequences on the weapon. However, I don't mind about the time travel stuff, or the Nazis. My friend thinks the last ten minutes of the episode was the best, although he loves Time Travel. Anyway, you won't hear any gripes from me. How many days till October?[/colorost_uid0]

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Floss Naked!
Old 05-27-2004, 04:02 PM
Man in the iron mask

Send a message via ICQ to Gatac Send a message via AIM to Gatac

[color=#000000ost_uid0]The whole space Nazi twist came so far out of left field, it must have been pitched all the way to orbit and chartered a round trip throughout the entire universe.

Well, at least they actually got a few native speakers of German in there.

I mean, WAH! Those last few minutes...I'm not sure if they killed it, I'll tell you when the next season rolls around, but that's a mighty peculiar way to end the season.

But yay for mouse eating, T'Pol's age and Dolim's explosive demise.

Gatac[/colorost_uid0]
- d02 Quotes
Old 05-27-2004, 08:30 PM
Surfin' you say?

Send a message via ICQ to catalina_marina Send a message via AIM to catalina_marina Send a message via MSN to catalina_marina Send a message via Yahoo to catalina_marina

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Me: Who is that? [iost_uid0]What[/iost_uid0] is that?
Bro: That would be the cliffhanger.

I don't care about the rest of the episode anymore, but the cliffhanger...

If you'll excuse me now, I have to go work out a number of possibilities of what the frell happened.[/colorost_uid0]

I'm not the devil, I just work for her.

What spoon? There is no spoon. According to Zeke, it's a cat. ~NeoMatrix

"Apparently we're on the wrong side. Or the right side if you like winning." ~Spike

Sa'ar Chasm: Too far south you hit Belgium.
catalina marina: Not in Limburg you don't.
Sa'ar Chasm: You do if you go south in the right way.
Old 05-27-2004, 09:58 PM
5MAwwwwww

[color=#000000ost_uid0]lol Mark (my husband) said "isn't that one of those aliens from Nemesis?"

Yes my mouth was gaped open when he said that!

Sab[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-27-2004, 10:56 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I thought that was a silly suggestion. Then I saw the photos in this Trek BBS thread:

http://www.trekbbs.com/threads....2856388[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 05-28-2004, 12:45 AM
5MAwwwwww

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Dude, this means either my hubby is a genius or he is secretly going to the BBS... LOL that or he pays more attention to Trek than I do... (say it ain't so!) anyways, wow that puts it in perspective. Those ears look a LOT alike and the face. Hmmm wonder what B & B are up to?

Zeke, how could you think it was silly? I mean they got Borg Queen Female Shapeshifter looking guardians and people that look like human Odo and heck they even got an Andorian that sounds a lot like Weyoun.

Sab[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-28-2004, 01:59 AM
Insert canine joke here

[color=#000000ost_uid0]It *does* look a lot like 'em, but.. I think the nose is a little different. Then again, there's nothing stopping them from modifying the makeup a little. They've changed makeup hundreds of times before from series to series.[/colorost_uid0]

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Floss Naked!
Old 05-28-2004, 02:13 AM
Former Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Coincidence. The skin is different, the eyes are red while the Reman's aren't, and I agree with Celeste that the detail on the nose is different. In fact, my first thought was that it looked like the Master from BtVS. I think it's just a general creepy alien, not a Reman. There's no way they can make that work... I hope. Oh, do I hope.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-28-2004, 03:05 AM
Calvinist

Send a message via AIM to Opium Send a message via MSN to Opium Send a message via Yahoo to Opium

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Hehe, yah! There IS some BTVS demon resembalance! Maybe they found the mask in the junk drawer in the UPN offices?

*start of rant*:madder:
*&%& $&*% *^*#*^*#! Why is that any time America is at war, they bring up the Nazis? Like, "Hey, look, we're at war, but remember these guys? They were worse!".
*end of rant*:madder:

Sorry. But this ep encompassed some of my pet peeves:
-Bringing up something as evil as the Nazis for a plot device.
-Coming close to implying that most Germans were Nazis(which is false, and although many men were part of the German Army which was controlled by the Nazis, there was a draft, and the men literally did not have a choice, to the point that partly-Jewish men were drafted into the Nazi-controlled German army!)
-Alien Nazis.
-Timeline changes!

Those aside, rather good ep, were it not for the last 2 minutes. Maybe they could have spiced it up a bit...the world controlled by, say, Chairman Mao and his dictatorship? Nixon controlling the world? Big Brother? Agent Smith? [iost_uid0]Winston[/iost_uid0] Smith?[/colorost_uid0]
Please vote Morphine! (Thanks, Zeke!)
Needing more sleep since before 2003
Old 05-28-2004, 04:17 AM
Factorial

Send a message via AIM to NeoMatrix Send a message via MSN to NeoMatrix Send a message via Yahoo to NeoMatrix

[color=#000000ost_uid0]when I saw the Nazi Uniforms, then the alien, I began thinking about the Voyager episodes where they were stuck in the holodeck with their new memories.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-28-2004, 05:10 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[quoteost_uid0="Kira"][color=#000000ost_uid0]In fact, my first thought was that it looked like the Master from BtVS.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]*snaps fingers* [iost_uid0]That's[/iost_uid0] who he reminded me of. No surprise -- the Remans were clearly meant to look vampiric (sort of Ubervamps to the Romulans' regular vampires), and the Master always dressed like a Nazi.

I too think it's probably a coincidence, but I'm not as sure as Kira is. The makeup similarities are really striking. Also, when I first saw the guy, I thought he looked very blue -- though that hasn't shown up as much in the photos I've seen since.[/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 05-28-2004, 07:03 AM
Calvinist

Send a message via AIM to Opium Send a message via MSN to Opium Send a message via Yahoo to Opium

[color=#000000ost_uid0]So I guess we all agree: UPN is doing a BTVS/Ent crossover!

Say hello to Evil Vampire Guy
I hope Spike will coming along too!
[/colorost_uid0]
Please vote Morphine! (Thanks, Zeke!)
Needing more sleep since before 2003
Old 05-28-2004, 07:08 AM
La la la, I can't hear you

Send a message via ICQ to Alexia Send a message via AIM to Alexia Send a message via MSN to Alexia Send a message via Yahoo to Alexia

[color=#000000ost_uid0]La La La..not listening *covers ears* Not reading, as havent seen it yet. Should be showing here on Monday...Oh NO! Monday is a bank holiday! *hopes they dont show something "festive" instead of Enterprise* Cross your fingers for English fans! ::[/colorost_uid0]