The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > News

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2005, 01:14 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke
Default September 9

The 5MNG anniversary event ends today as the last not-yet-heard-from staff member chimes in. Here's IJD GAF with "Unification I."

Unfortunately, neither IJD nor I got our respective second parts done under the wire. I'm not going to extend the event even further to give us time; it was a mistake to extend it at all. And this leads me to my closing statement. Normally I end an anniversary event with a thank you to the section head; this time I need to include an apology too.

My recent effort to stop promising too much and then apologizing to you readers is one thing. I like making updates, but I don't owe them to you. I do, however, owe Marc. He's been helping me with this site longer than anyone else, and the whole time he's had to put up with my procrastination and intermittent responsiveness. The very least he deserves from me is that I not screw up his subsite's anniversary. I should have taken into account what a mess I'm in right now and not overcommitted to the event; instead, I aimed for more than I could deliver, and then held back the update days rather than just accept that I'd failed.

So I'm sorry, Marc. And I thank you for all you've done and continue to do.

(Don't think IJD and I are leaving you readers hanging, by the way -- the conclusions will be published as soon as we finish. They just won't be part of this event. That ship has sailed away.)

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction