The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > News
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2004, 04:31 AM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

[color=#000000ost_uid0]

Grrrr. My TrekToday account was [iost_uid0]supposed[/iost_uid0] to be working again today. Since it's not, I'll just catch up on some minor stuff.
    [*]Here are some very interesting points about the penultimate [iost_uid0]Angel[/iost_uid0] episode, "Power Play." Some of the replies are interesting too.[*]The comic version of Five-Minute TMP is now properly linked in 5MST, where I've also belatedly given due credit to Custom Replicas -- it's their model of the [iost_uid0]Enterprise[/iost_uid0] on view in the main subsite graphic. By the way, why didn't anyone tell me the main graphics on the season pages were missing? (I've now fixed that too.)[*]See those Save Enterprise links on the front page? Click them. [iost_uid0]Click them.[/iost_uid0][*]May 10's link, the article by T Campbell, provoked a thread at the forums. It quickly got sidetracked, but good points were made, and this kind of debate is a very good use of the forums, so I thought I'd link it.[*]I haven't linked a webcomic in a while, so go read Queen of Wands. It's very well-drawn, the characters have backstories more twisted than the [iost_uid0]Voyager[/iost_uid0] episode, and there's a real likability to it.[*]Finally, I was keeping this secret for a while, but it was revealed at the forums (thank you, Taya17....), so I might as well mention it here. I am now officially part of the problem: I have a LiveJournal. I call it The Sixth Minute. I don't post there as often as I update 5MV, but in case anyone wants to hear me blab even more, there it is.[/list]

Oh, here's a preview from the next ENT fiver.

[bost_uid0]D'Jamat:[/bost_uid0] So for years we've been on a pilgrimage through the Chosen Realm.

[bost_uid0]Tucker:[/bost_uid0] Realm, eh? Run into any Sernaix?

[bost_uid0]T'Pol:[/bost_uid0] Don't mind Mr. Tucker. We're all ashamed of him. What sort of pilgrimage?

[bost_uid0]Yarrick:[/bost_uid0] We worship the mighty spheres.

[bost_uid0]Tucker:[/bost_uid0] Yeah, me too. They sure are big.

[bost_uid0]T'Pol:[/bost_uid0] If you don't stop staring at my chest, I'm using the Vulcan death grip.
    [/colorost_uid0]

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 05-17-2004, 04:41 AM
Wigging out

Send a message via ICQ to Nic Corelli

[quoteost_uid0="Zeke"][color=#000000ost_uid0][bost_uid0]Yarrick:[/bost_uid0] We worship the mighty spheres.

[bost_uid0]Tucker:[/bost_uid0] Yeah, me too. They sure are big.

[bost_uid0]T'Pol:[/bost_uid0] If you don't stop staring at my chest, I'm using the Vulcan death grip.[/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
[color=#000000ost_uid0]GAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! [/colorost_uid0]

~A Game of Thrones, book one of Song of Ice and Fire
Old 05-17-2004, 05:40 AM
Gatekeeper
Exosite Head

Send a message via ICQ to Nan Send a message via Yahoo to Nan

[color=#000000ost_uid0][quoteost_uid0="Zeke"]I am now officially part of the problem: I have a LiveJournal[/URL].[/quoteost_uid0]
It's your own personal Dark Side.

And Sa'ar's own personal Khan. I can see it now...

[quoteost_uid0][iost_uid0]BLOOOOOOOOG![/iost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]

Ahem. Yes, moving on.[/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-17-2004, 07:07 AM
La la la, I can't hear you

Send a message via ICQ to Alexia Send a message via AIM to Alexia Send a message via MSN to Alexia Send a message via Yahoo to Alexia

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Hoorah, Virtual Voyager references! That looks like it will be a great fiver! [/colorost_uid0]
Old 05-17-2004, 12:02 PM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[quoteost_uid0="Zeke"][color=#000000ost_uid0]
    [*]Here are some [URL=http://www.voy.com/14567/9740.html] about the penultimate [iost_uid0]Angel[/iost_uid0] episode, "Power Play." Some of the replies are interesting too.[/list][/colorost_uid0][/quoteost_uid0]
    [color=#000000ost_uid0]Yeah, that was an excellent post. Makes me want to rent [iost_uid0]The Wild Bunch[/iost_uid0]. Followups were somewhat interesting too.[/colorost_uid0]