The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > Science Fiction

Old 02-13-2004, 06:13 PM
Dean of misderektion
Senior Staff

[color=#000000ost_uid0]Well, 2 out of 3 storylines isn't bad.

I am interested in this probe with the humanoid in it. Especially since they are referring to the religious fanatic storyline. ENT has really impressed me how they pick up the seemingly non-arc episodes and tie them in. Will we see "North Star" references again? And I'm interested in seeing what the ultimate end of the arc will be.

I liked the Reed-Hayes conflict. I thought the motivations and feelings were very realistic. Plus it was fun to watch them beat each other up.

By contrast, I didn't feel that the Tucker/T'Pol thing was realistic. Not only were their actions leading up to their encounter incomprehensible, but T'Pol's admission that she was just playing Trip didn't really sit well either. Oh well.

ENT was probably my favorite of my three Wednesday night shows (Smallville, Angel, and ENT (sniff. No more Jake 2.0)).[/colorost_uid0]
Old 02-13-2004, 10:25 PM
Man in the iron mask

Send a message via ICQ to Gatac Send a message via AIM to Gatac

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I must say the T'Pol/Tucker kiss scene was a major downer for me, too. On the one hand, it feels like it should lead up to something, but the way it's casually dismissed in the morning doesn't sit right with me. If T'Pol were a human teenager...well, it might have worked. But she isn't, and shouldn't be written as if she were. I can understand that Vulcans may have strong emotions that they keep in check, and that every once in a while we may see cracks in their facade, but this was ridiculous.

Otherwise, I liked it. The "Hah! Messed with ya!" ending regarding the alien was alright, but I won't complain since I'm also guilty of that syndrome when I write. It's fun to mess with the character's heads every once in a while, but let's not do it every episode, OK? But it did tie into the overall arc, which gives it a lot of plus points on my score. Man, third season...it keeps on surprising me, in a good way. Let's keep that up.

Reed vs. Hayes - the Grudgematch! Hell yeah.

Gatac[/colorost_uid0]
- d02 Quotes
Old 02-14-2004, 06:02 PM
Insert canine joke here

Send a message via AIM to Celeste Send a message via MSN to Celeste Send a message via Yahoo to Celeste

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I think that the writers are just afriad of having a puerly character development story. The whole alien trying to destroy Enterprise thing was just the writers way of saying "Look, we're still forwarding the plot!" Yeah.. they did.. but it was stupid. -_- I didn't even get the ending of that whole thing. So, there are beings creating the Expanse, and they want Earth destroyed? What? Why? They had better explain themselves, and quickly.

The only good part of this episode was the awesome Reed/Hayse scenes. I really like Reed, as well as the others like Hoshi. But they always focus on Archer and T'pol. For once they didn't have Archer messing around with another characters Plot line. He was stuffed into the other stupid B story. Or was it C? And kudos on the dialog and directing of this ep. Very well done.

As for T'pol sucking face with Trip, I think I'm sick of that. But this other MACO looked interesting. Too bad they won't follow that path in the end.[/colorost_uid0]

*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·`Floss Naked!
Old 02-26-2004, 02:28 AM
Long fellow

[color=#000000ost_uid0]I agree with Celeste. The writers seem terrified of putting forward any real character development. TOS and TNG worked well enough without a great deal of DS9-esque development, but I wish ENT writers would decide which route they're going to take.

Otherwise, I look forward to the fiver of this episode. I mean, if Reed and Hayes nearly killed each other in FM "The Shipment," I think one or the other will die faster in this one than Lt. Grant (from "Friday's Child") can say "GAK!"[/colorost_uid0]