The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > 5MV Talk

Old 02-17-2016, 06:37 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

Oh no! Not the guestbook!

Oh wait. The guestbook has been down since 2012. I still have all the posts and I've been meaning to put up an archive, but the fact that you're the first to mention it (I think) should help explain why it's been a back-burner thing.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 02-17-2016, 09:57 PM
You just activated his Trek card

Ah, Bob and George. Good times...

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.
Old 03-07-2016, 10:46 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

Right? I really miss that comic. I was there almost from the start (came in around Bubble Man). On the plus side, every so often Dave adds commentary on more strips. The most recent batch explains the ending of the X storyline, which I never quite got at the time. I assumed the one talking about ice cream in this strip had to be Dr. Light encouraging George to leave, but it's not -- read the commentary on that strip and the one before. While it still doesn't really explain why everyone's minds got returned to their bodies, the gap is easy enough to fill (we've seen Mega Man make impossible things happen before through sheer force of stupidity).

Also, guess what was a Trek reference all along? I never guessed because the characters were so dissimilar.

By the way, bet you don't know there's a bit of B&G content on this site! The Election '04 event included this easter egg (the first one I did), and not everyone found it.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
Old 10-14-2016, 09:27 AM
Administrator

"What's up with the site?" has just become a relevant question again! As you may have noticed, we were gone for about a day. Tech guy says the server was "totally cleaned out" -- he's looking into how and why. Luckily he makes frequent backups, so we're back now.

I'm guessing it'll turn out to be related to a second problem I was informed about shortly earlier. This one involved our forum database accidentally getting rolled back several months. It's been recovered, but a couple of posts from Sci Fi and Misc were lost. Sorry to their authors.

Old 10-14-2016, 11:57 AM
You just activated his Trek card

Now I gotta redo the "Mudd's Women" post!

*Cue shaking fists at the sky*

Seriously, though. Ugh.

mudshark: I don't expect Nate to make sense, really -- it's just a bad idea.

Sa'ar Chasm on the 5M.net forum: Sit back, relax, and revel in the insanity.

Adam Savage: I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Crow T. Robot: Oh, stop pretending there's a plot. Don't cheapen yourself further.
Old 10-14-2016, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Ouch! I was relieved when I heard it was just a couple of posts -- I forgot you were making those huge posts lately. That's rough.