The Five-Minute Forums  

Go Back   The Five-Minute Forums > FiveMinute.net > 5MV Talk

Old 12-12-2004, 04:55 PM
La la la, I can't hear you

Send a message via ICQ to Alexia Send a message via AIM to Alexia Send a message via MSN to Alexia Send a message via Yahoo to Alexia
Default TJI Christmas special: Zeke, this is your Life!

Quote:
TJI takes a very special look into the life of Zeke

At this early stage, this reporter would like to point out that she would have hired Michael Aspel for this, but unfortunately on a limited budget he would only go as far presenting a small, redish postage stamp instead of the usual big, red book, and only accompany it with the words “This is”. Apparently the “your life” part is rather pricey. In the spirit of Christmas generosity, this reporter has improvised and is going to do the job herself, for a much reduced price, and may I add, without the dodgy accent.

So, Zeke: Thiiiiiiiiis iiiiiiiiiiiiiiis yooooooooooooooooooooour (virtual, short due to extremely limited information) liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife. © The people who thought of it.

Colin “Zeke” Hayman was a born over 20 years ago a beautiful, bouncing baby boy. But this reporter isn’t actually interesting in that. Gifted as he is, I doubt he could use a computer straight from birth. So we’re going to skip a bit to the summer of 2000.

Ahhhhhh, that fateful summer of 2000, when an inspired young Zeke chanced upon the idea of a “five minute” version of a popular television show Star Trek Voyager. The inspiration came from when his Grade 10 English class was studying Twelfth Night, and he saw something called "Five-Minute Twelfth Night" on his teacher's desk, proving that school is indeed useful for something. It was obvious that this idea was BIG and was defiantly going places. Naturally he needed a home for his work, and so Five Minute Voyager was born, and I, for one, am a very happy reporter because of it.

Pretty soon Zeke was busy “fiving” other series as well as Voyager, and the site had grown from a graphic with a couple of fivers to a top rated, multi fandom parody site. The demand for fivers was high and fans soon turned into guest writers. As more and more series began to appear on the site, Zeke acquired staff members by various ways and means, as well as a site manager to help him answer all his fan mail and requests for fivers. This reporter caught up with some of the staff, who wanted to pay tribute to Zeke, and in some cases, ask for a pay rise.

“I liked the concept from the start. The “fivers” were all extremely amusing. I saw the potential of the site and I wanted a part in it,” said Marc Richard, head of Five Minute: The Next Generation. “It’s been a step in the right direction of my total world domination-err, I mean, my peaceful hobby. Yes.”

“In contrast to the other section heads, I kept writing fivers until Zeke offered me a position in order to get me to stop.” said DS9 head Derek Dean. “It didn’t work of course.” This reporter was then subjected to 47 straight minutes of extremely over the top, evil laughter.

“Pay rise? You mean Zeke actually pays his staff members?” exclaimed The Original Series head IJDGAF.

As well as amusing the globe for 4 and a half years, Zeke has created a community full of diverse individuals. It takes some pretty special people to make 248 pages of word association, and that’s just on the current version of the forum. This reporter caught up with some famous forum faces.

“I think you’ll find its fora.” interjected Mr. Sa’ar Chasm.

“Zeke? Oh, he’s cool. He hasn’t cottoned on to my secret dried frog pill smuggling industry I run from the forums yet, so until he does we’re the best of buddies.” said long time forumgoer PointyHairedJedi.

When this reporter pointed out that it wasn’t so much of a secret anymore and he was actually being taped, Mr. Jedi became uncharacteristically violent. This reporter still has the bruises but is printing the story anyway. And don’t even think of coming after me because I have hired Taya17 as a body guard. 17 wasn’t available to comment in person due to a demanding schedule that has kept her away from the forums, err, fora, but has asked that Mr. Jedi be made aware of a glowing 5 mile long space station with his name on it. She also added, “You rule Zeke.”

Nan was found buried under a pile of paper and art equipment. From what this reporter could make out, she was busy making a “Zeke Rules, Beltran Drools” banner. I did not stop long enough to enquire as to why.

“Vote Lexy & Sab!” screamed Fuyu Ginga. While this reporter stopped the screaming and reminded Ms. Ginga of the nature of the interview, she did however allow the frenzied banner wavage to continue, and tolerated the flashing Janeway wearing santa hats earings. “Zeke PWNS!” was the final response gotten from her before she went back to hugging sig kitty and making Zeke an “I am the PWNAGE” badge.

I think forum members, staff members, and all 5MV fans alike will join me in saying Merry Christmas to Mr. Zeke and wish him the very best in his future 5MV endeavors. Keep it up, and Zeke, this is your (virtual, short due to extremely limited information) liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiife.

© Alexia 2004
Disclaimer: Some or all facts may be partially or completely made up. 100% unauthorized TJI done only for the amusement of myself and hopefully Zeke. What do you mean it’s not funny? I laughed ok?
Old 12-12-2004, 05:30 PM
Outside looking in

Hmmm. I suddenly have this strange urge to start screaming "Zeke is t3h pwnage"...

I wonder why... :wink:

Hehe, I love it all. XD

And Zeke is t3h pwnage! Rawk on, Zeke. :mrgreen:

Well, rawk on "soon", at least. :P
Old 12-12-2004, 06:46 PM
The lens that flares in the night
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to Zeke Send a message via AIM to Zeke Send a message via Yahoo to Zeke

Not only did I need this like you would not BELIEVE, but two minutes after I read it, I found the set theory papers I was utterly doomed without.

Lexy, you are a Christmas miracle.

[03:17] FiveMinZeke: Galactica clearly needs the advanced technology of scissors, which get around the whole "yanking on your follicles" problem.
[03:17] IJD: cylons can hack any blades working in conjunction
Old 12-12-2004, 09:28 PM
5MAwwwwww

Send a message via AIM to admiral sab Send a message via Yahoo to admiral sab

aww that's sweet!

Of course you left out a very critical point in his life... The Deltachat Days and of course Fatherly Uncle Jim who made it possible for me to know Zeke and for Zeke's site to gain popularity. Not that the fivers themeselves weren't doing the job, but it never hurts to have Jim Wright put a link on his immensely popular site.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:48 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Alexia Send a message via AIM to Alexia Send a message via MSN to Alexia Send a message via Yahoo to Alexia

Ahh...well I didn't know about that :wink: Hence the extremely limited knowledge bit :wink:

Glad you liked it Zeke! I did it for you :mrgreen:
Old 12-12-2004, 09:51 PM
Reasonably priced male pills

Send a message via MSN to Chancellor Valium

*Would post but is back in monastery in cave* - Ah crap! Weeell, I'm here now, so nice TJI, Lexy! It's very.....Aspel-ish.....lol....
And now, in a blatant vote-winning and cashing-in-on-the-cheer-up-Zeke-scene scam, I would like to award this special err....award, which has only been awarded to 5MV out of the entire web,

EDIT: And now I'm back to my monastery in a cave. Oh, and this pie is key lime, naturally.......I like key lime...I'd forgotten...How odd I am...*goes off, mumbling to his cave*
Is the earth of a dusty tomorrow!
Old 12-12-2004, 10:00 PM

LOL well, I'm not sure it deserved an award but the pie is appreciated :mrgreen: Stay out from your cave and share it with me How about bringing some festive love into this thread?

:mrgreen: Took me 5 minutes to make :wink: Also, I'm not convinced that's actually how you spell bouble :wink: But hey ho :mrgreen:
Old 12-12-2004, 11:41 PM
Doctoral candidate
Staff

Send a message via AIM to Scooter

Excellent. Thanks Lexy!
Old 12-13-2004, 02:43 AM
5MAwwwwww

Send a message via AIM to admiral sab Send a message via Yahoo to admiral sab

um Lexy I don't think the award was for you... um I think it was for Five Minute Voyager ...

oh and I must add that this TJI wasn't a scam for votes! But hey if you wanna vote Lexy and Sab because of it, who am I to stand in your way!

Happy Holidays!
Old 12-13-2004, 03:27 AM
Noodles And Hot Tofu! MMM

Send a message via Yahoo to NAHTMMM

Quote:
When this reporter pointed out that it wasn’t so much of a secret anymore and he was actually being taped, Mr. Jedi became uncharacteristically violent. This reporter still has the bruises but is printing the story anyway. And don’t even think of coming after me because I have hired Taya17 as a body guard. 17 wasn’t available to comment in person due to a demanding schedule that has kept her away from the forums, err, fora, but has asked that Mr. Jedi be made aware of a glowing 5 mile long space station with his name on it.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yup

“There must have been a point in early human history when it was actually advantageous to, when confronted with a difficult task, drop it altogether and go do something more fun, because I do that way too often for it to be anything but instinct.” -- Isto Combs
Old 12-13-2004, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by admiral sab
um Lexy I don't think the award was for you... um I think it was for Five Minute Voyager ...

oh and I must add that this TJI wasn't a scam for votes! But hey if you wanna vote Lexy and Sab because of it, who am I to stand in your way!
Yeah, I realised that after I posted it :wink: And of course it wasn't a scam for votes! :mrgreen:

Oooh NAH quoted me! Cool! :wink: :mrgreen:
Old 12-13-2004, 03:03 PM
Lone Ranger

Location: Where it's cold in winter and hot in summer, yet not warm in spring.

Very funny Lexy, but as you are my perfect date... why wasn't I in it!?

j/k I loved it.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:05 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

Most amsuing. My part was completely inaccurate though - me afraid of 17? Yeah, right.

You all look so sceptical all of a sudden.
- Five Minute 24 S1 (it lives, honest!)

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 12-13-2004, 11:30 PM
Lone Ranger

Well, no one is afraid of 17. We respect her for the lovely person she is.

::looks around nervously::
Old 12-14-2004, 12:36 AM
Outside looking in

I've barely had the chance to talk to 17, so I have no reason to be afraid of her. :twisted:
Old 12-14-2004, 02:39 PM
Gatekeeper
Exosite Head

Send a message via ICQ to Nan Send a message via Yahoo to Nan

AHAHAHAHAHAH! Fools. :twisted:
Old 12-14-2004, 06:07 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Send a message via ICQ to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via AIM to PointyHairedJedi Send a message via Yahoo to PointyHairedJedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan
Who's more foolish? The fool, or the fool that pokes Nan repeatedly after repeated warnings not to?

So it doesn't have quite the same zing to it as the original, I admit...

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants
Old 12-15-2004, 12:04 AM
Gatekeeper
Exosite Head

Send a message via ICQ to Nan Send a message via Yahoo to Nan

The latter, I would imagine. I dunno if 17's ever put a guy in a chokehold for taking her chair.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Old 12-15-2004, 03:36 AM
Lone Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PointyHairedJedi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan
Who's more foolish? The fool, or the fool that pokes Nan repeatedly after repeated warnings not to?
I stopped! Eventually...
Old 12-15-2004, 09:44 PM
He'd enjoy a third pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan
The latter, I would imagine. I dunno if 17's ever put a guy in a chokehold for taking her chair.

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Well, now I could try it, but I hardly think the results would be unbiased.

Hotaru - and that's the only reason that you're still with us today.

"Everybody loves pie!"
- Spongebob Squarepants